Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 1, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #149,911 of 152,631
The Schiit 10K. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Except... a sprint to the finish, if there is one.

Also... why is 10,000 such a special milestone number and not 10,001? Or 9,999?

For us octal tube rollers, page 10,000 is ancient schiit history - that's 4096 for you base-10 enthusiasts. :ksc75smile:
Because page 9,999 will consist only of multiple posts stating "Now?" 🤣

May 1, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #149,912 of 152,631
I've smoked some damn good cigars in my time, maybe the best being the Padron Family Reserve which is 10-yr aged tobacco and ~$35/stick. I am quite sure, however, that I will never smoke a $135 cigar. After all, we're talking tobacco here, not Lamb's Bread from Jamaica. :)

May 1, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #149,913 of 152,631
What are opinions on buying 1) Yggy+ GS w/ USB now or 2) the upcoming Gungnir?

I'm considering upgrading the BF 2/64 or reverting to to my Asgard setup and getting off the just one more improvement cycle...

May 1, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #149,914 of 152,631
Bought 40 double-walled cardboard boxes today. Mojito's on cloud number 9.

When I lugged them up the stairs to my apartment, a neighbor cheerfully hollered across the road: "Ya movin'?"
Where's Bill Engvall when you need him🙄
Love Bill Engvall!

Maybe too much. A couple weeks ago as I was stacking my 4th or 5th load of (flattened) moving boxes** at the curb for the trash guys to pick up the next morning, a lady comes by walking her dog: "Are you throwing those away?" Just couldn't help myself: "No, I'm out of room in the garage so decided to start storing these here."

**Note that we did the environmentally responsible thing and posted on our neighborhood app that we had free moving boxes, first come first serve. Within about 3 hours we had 3 people show up and haul off about 85% of them, leaving only the ones that were deformed or torn....which were the ones going to the curb.

May 1, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #149,916 of 152,631

I'm considering upgrading the BF 2/64 or reverting to to my Asgard setup and getting off the just one more improvement cycle...
It depends on what other gear you have (to some extent), and what your long term goals are for your setup.

If I were just considering Yggy vs a future Gumby, I'd be inclined to get the Yggy GS2 now, with Unison for sure. You could easily get a MIB board down the road, and you would have the Analog Devices board to compare the "flavors" and see which you prefer.

Though if you are using it with an Asgard, the Yggy is overkill, but you have a DAC to build a better system around over time.

But this is coming from someone who has an Yggy OG/A2/Unison, which I love! :laughing: :beerchug:

May 1, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #149,917 of 152,631
I've smoked some damn good cigars in my time, maybe the best being the Padron Family Reserve which is 10-yr aged tobacco and ~$35/stick. I am quite sure, however, that I will never smoke a $135 cigar. After all, we're talking tobacco here, not Lamb's Bread from Jamaica. :)
I have never paid for any of my more expensive cigars. I did get a large load of Apple computer equipment free when Eli Lilly phased them out and traded some of that for a box of Cohiba Esplendidos. I just tended to work toward being in the right place at the right time. Much of that gear ended up at your alma mater by the way. It helped many a student.😉

May 1, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #149,918 of 152,631
I have never paid for any of my more expensive cigars. I did get a large load of Apple computer equipment free when Eli Lilly phased them out and traded some of that for a box of Cohiba Esplendidos. I just tended to work toward being in the right place at the right time. Much of that gear ended up at your alma mater by the way. It helped many a student.😉
My fellow Boilermakers salute your generosity. You got any of those Cohibas sitting around your shop? :)

May 1, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #149,919 of 152,631

Yggy is the One.

May 1, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #149,920 of 152,631

I'd get the YGGY now personally. But we dont know the details on Gumby 2.

May 1, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #149,921 of 152,631
My fellow Boilermakers salute your generosity. You got any of those Cohibas sitting around your shop? :)
This was a few years ago. I backed away from cigars after a heart attack. I have only enjoyed a half dozen since. If I am ever given more I will send one your way. The last Cuban’s I had were Montecristos and I passed them out at a party.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #149,922 of 152,631
... ... nobody calls the analogue stage a burrito anymore. :)
Chimichangas do more justice to the crunchy goodness of that tech.
Burrito are just a soggy mess in comparison, sort of like D/S DACs.

May 1, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #149,924 of 152,631
Mega Combo Fajita Chalupa Filter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back