Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 1, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #149,881 of 152,624
I try to limit my intake and while I have more free time now I rarely have more that a glass of wine with dinner and maybe a bit of fine bourbon, scotch, or dark rum in cooler weather. Warm weather it might be beer or a margarita. Otherwise it is coffee, water, and tea.
You live in Indiana. It's always cooler weather. Nice try though. 🤣

May 1, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #149,882 of 152,624
Fair enough! If I could get my kids to try half the number foods as you have whiskies, I'd be getting somewhere. 🤪
Hehe, sometimes you have to get their friends involved. Peer pressure (the good kind) made me try a number of different foods I wouldn't have tried otherwise when I was growing up.

I've worked with "kids" (at least to me, twenty somethings that only ate basic "kid" food) that would never eat anything other than burgers and chicken nuggets that we eventually got to try other foods that surprisingly (not to us at least) they actually liked!

May 1, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #149,883 of 152,624
Yeah, I've tried a LOT. I've had numerous different types of Scotch as well as Bourbons, Whisk(e)y's etc... over the years, and I don't really like any of them. :xf_eek: From expensive stuff like 21 year McCallan and Pappy Van Winkle etc... to not so expensive stuff, I just never have acquired a taste for them. I can taste the differences in them, along with the smoothness etc..., but they all basically taste awful to me.
I sure wish things like Pappy tasted bad to me, I’d have save a LOT of money over the years…

May 1, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #149,884 of 152,624
I've tried quite a few scotches, and like yonson, I haven't found any of them tolerable. I don't really like whiskey or bourbon much either. I can drink a decent bourbon but would much rather drink tequila or mezcal or rum. Mostly I quit drinking 'hard' alcohol and just drink red wine and that is mostly Napa Cabs. Not any cheaper but less alcohol per ounce.
I know that’s a bug, but you can just drink more ounces… :L3000:

May 1, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #149,885 of 152,624
I sure wish things like Pappy tasted bad to me, I’d have save a LOT of money over the years…
Hehe, I have a few friends that are really deep into Bourbons, so I get to try all the good expensive ones. We've toured the distilleries in KY, done the taste samplings etc... I'd still rather just have a good ole Guinness.

May 1, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #149,886 of 152,624
You live in Indiana. It's always cooler weather. Nice try though. 🤣
Well all the tubes I run in class A amps can warm up a room.😉 Nothing like a cold beer while you watch others slave away in the hot sun, waiting on my lawn guy right now.

May 1, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #149,887 of 152,624
Well there are plenty of people who like a fine cigar and great scotch.🤪 There are plenty of cheap cigars out there and lower grades of scotch so there is good and bad in both. Each to their own.😁
I smoked Hoyo de Monterry Excalibur until surgery in 2000, when the cardiologist said "No more". I drank good single malt Scotch until April of this year when the cardiologist said "No more". I think that I need a new cardiologist.

May 1, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #149,888 of 152,624
A fine cigar can be a two hour experience in the case of Esplendidos. I have also been known to smoke a Montecristo #2 on occasion. Combine that with 21 year old Balvenie and I am set for a while.🤪 I have cut back on cigars for health reasons so since they are few and far between I want my favorites.😉
I am jealous.

May 1, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #149,889 of 152,624
May 1, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #149,891 of 152,624
What do you think of your GS2? I see you purchased one based off your signature. I am thinking about going from a Chord Qutest -> Yggy GS2
Yes, after managing to hold out for nearly 3mo, all the sincere and convincing comments in this thread and one other about the virtues of an Yggy changed my mind, so I bought one of the Last Call Yggdrasil+ GS2s. I've had it 2mo now and my only regret is that I needlessly delayed some amazing listening experiences during my period of indecision. I've gone from 3 other products to a Modi Multibit to a Bifrost 2 to the Yggy+ GS2 the past few years. I shouldn't have doubted raising the performance bar would be real with the Yggy. The Modi MB & Bifrost 2 are no slouches, but the Yggy is simply on a different plane in my system.

Bass resolution & authority, details of the recording being exposed (like soft stick work, cymbal brushes, voice inflections, room reverb, etc), sound stage width (often dramatically so) really stick out to me as the selling points. No doubt, my Salk BePure 2 speakers are up to the task of presenting these qualities. I'm not sure I'd have the same opinions if I still had my prior speakers which were decent, but not even close to the Salks in ability (they were Kef Ref 2).

I've never heard a Chord product, so can't help with any comments there. One professional review that stands out as very accurate to me is Robert Harley's that can be found on the current Schiit site Yggy review tab. I don't place any more weight on his comments than those who have written on this site, but his descriptions and experiences resonate with what I'm hearing. As always, YMMV!

May 1, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #149,893 of 152,624
Hehe, I have a few friends that are really deep into Bourbons, so I get to try all the good expensive ones. We've toured the distilleries in KY, done the taste samplings etc... I'd still rather just have a good ole Guinness.

https://images.app.goo.gl/onncQAMBJU6EtPbj7

1714588259886.png

May 1, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #149,895 of 152,624
Now I'm really hungry
I sat down to have some lunch and Finnegan proceeded to claim the end of my charcuterie board. He rarely eats anything but he still likes to be apprised of my choices.🤪IMG_7846.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back