Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 24, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #149,116 of 150,484
Here's a live album that features both Matija and Boško ... it's on Qobuz.

Boilers Big Band - Live .png
I see that the last two songs on the album are by Ante Gelo, who is also a world-class guitarist and lately only growing in his creative output.

Which reminds me of Miloš Karadaglić, at the moment probably the best classical guitarist in the world. Both of them make music sound so effortless.

Apr 24, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #149,117 of 150,484
I see that the last two songs on the album are by Ante Gelo, who is also a world-class guitarist and lately only growing in his creative output.

Which reminds me of Miloš Karadaglić, at the moment probably the best classical guitarist in the world. Both of them make music sound so effortless.
Very cool ... those guys are now on my list.
Here's a sample of the album's music. Decent!

Apr 24, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #149,118 of 150,484
So.. Unfortunately my Vali3 is broken. Turning the volume gives an rather loud scraping sound in the right channel. At the same time the woofer of my LS50 travels the max distance. Using the Mjolnir3 works like a charm, luckily..

Going to send it back to Sonority, the european importer, tomorrow..
The problem might be the tube. Do you have another tube you can swap out?

Apr 24, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #149,119 of 150,484
Nice try! We all know this is to spread the chemtrails around!

You can play Tic-Tac-Toe at the sky now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

IMG_9980.jpeg

Apr 24, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #149,120 of 150,484
Apr 24, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #149,122 of 150,484
Out and about but I didn't forget. Here's tonight's Jazz recommendation ..

1000005515.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #149,124 of 150,484
A better wine story than Jason's...
(I'm still feeling bad about that bottle of Pedernales Valhalla, though)

Another case of wine arrived yesterday (one that I don't remember ordering... do I have a problem? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) Hmmmm... both wine fridges in the dining room are pretty full.
OK, I'll bet I can find room in the cellar... well, maybe with a bit of re-arranging...

IMG_2015.JPEG

...and as I'm turning out the light, I see... tube boxes? Yep - two matched, 4-tube sets of Russian 6SN7 equivalents that I bought on eBay for my OG Freya, back in late 2017.
One set was lightly used, and the other set is still brand new!

OK, this is exciting, because I can replace the J-J 6SN7s in the tube buffer...

IMG_2024.JPEG

...and - wow. I love finding audio stuff that I didn't know I had. This calls for a bottle of wine and some music!

Apr 24, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #149,125 of 150,484
Out and about but I didn't forget. Here's tonight's Jazz recommendation ..

1000005515.jpg
As long as we're talking about guys named Nils - from last night's listening. A spectacular recording!

IMG_0256.PNG

Apr 24, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #149,126 of 150,484
Which reminds me of Miloš Karadaglić, at the moment probably the best classical guitarist in the world.
Ana Vidović is another great Croatian classical guitarist (I would actually place her above Miloš).

Here she plays an unusual solo performance of the Rodrigo Concierto de Aranjuez without orchestra, and pulls it off.

Apr 24, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #149,127 of 150,484

Another case of wine arrived yesterday (one that I don't remember ordering... do I have a problem? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) Hmmmm... both wine fridges in the dining room are pretty full.
OK, I'll bet I can find room in the cellar... well, maybe with a bit of re-arranging...

IMG_2015.JPEG

...and as I'm turning out the light, I see... tube boxes? Yep - two matched, 4-tube sets of Russian 6SN7 equivalents that I bought on eBay for my OG Freya, back in late 2017.

IMG_2024.JPEG

...and - wow. I love finding audio stuff that I didn't know I had. This calls for a bottle of wine and some music!
Sweet! Looks like some nice Fotons there. Is the silkscreen still intact enough on the other side to see what year they are?

Apr 24, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #149,128 of 150,484

IMG_2015.JPEG

IMG_2024.JPEG

I thought you were going to say you found some wine you forgot about. My dad once forgot about a case of Cakebread. The was a nice find.

Apr 24, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #149,129 of 150,484

IMG_2015.JPEG

IMG_2024.JPEG

What are the best "cellaring" temperatures for storing tubes?
Any different temps for different tube types?

1714004332036.png

Apr 24, 2024 at 8:20 PM Post #149,130 of 150,484

Your problem is easily solved by opening several bottles each day until you don't think you have a problem any longer. Or don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back