Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 12, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #14,881 of 150,613
Well, guess what..Clayton Shaw, the head honcho of Spatial, used to design the EP speakers. They sounded stunning at the Newport show. They run around $2500. And they look fantastic. 

Yeah the designs look very similar with the spatial visually being a cut above. If they are at RMAF I will give them a listen. The problem with upper high-end 2-channel in my mind is I'm always thinking I can get 95%+ of the magic at 30% of the cost. It might take forever to find that but the journey is worth it. I'm trying to put vandersteen model7s in my office for ~$10-15k. We will see how that goes. At least I don't have to audition the moon integrated 600 at $8k, I'll put that right back into the speakers thanks to Schiit!

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #14,882 of 150,613
an analogues gauge with a real needle showing active measurement of wattage (or something).

I'd also love some VU meters (the ones on the SPL Phonitor series would look good on Schiit), but I suspect it would blow up the volume and case work economics.

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #14,883 of 150,613
Dec 13, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #14,885 of 150,613
  Huh? No, ripped to DSD (DSF) and played back in DSD on my Bryston DAC.

What did you use to get the DSF off the SACD?

The only method I know of involves ripping ISO files using a Playstation.

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #14,887 of 150,613
Noob question here:
Fulla II, usb,
what signal is the unit pulling from my laptop MacBook while playing iTunes or a CD in the laptop? Is it analog or digital?

I did have a few fals starts with the unit but after boiling s bowl of pasta I came back and tried again: power usb, then signal usb, then variable pre out, then opened the system preffs. Recognized the F2 instantly. I did plug and replug the cables a few times. Ok, admission of guilt I did plug the aux cable from my little Yamaha into the minni plug in the front of the unit first... 100% Googan

I am a 2ch guy just pationantly waiting for the Frea and vadar to be released. I bought the F2 unit to play with and have a little skin, I was going to type schitt, in the game.

Thanx

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #14,888 of 150,613
Dec 13, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #14,890 of 150,613
Dec 13, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #14,892 of 150,613

All that being said, they are not perfect. I feel they swam upstream by not offering USB inputs at the onset on their DACS.

We did indeed offer it as an option.....
I just bitched about how early on it sounded like ass compared to S/PDIF.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 13, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #14,893 of 150,613
Mobile Fidelity, Audio Fidelity, and Analogue Productions SACDs are certainly not "mixed in PCM". And neither are the Japanese SHM
SACDs.

And that's a tiny fraction compared to those that are not DSD-native.

In any case, I'm with Schiit on this one -- it's a flat-lined format with no significant growth potential.  Even Sony's dedicated HW + streaming HAP-Z1ES didn't kickstart it.

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #14,894 of 150,613
fulla 2 is love, fulla 2 is life.  Gather around children, I have a story to share.

The Gods and the Titans grew wary of infinite ages of fighting, and as a gift to humanity, and to seal their first peace contract, they worked together to create the Fulla 2 as an offering to the humans of their peace!  All hail!

Fulla 2 until day I die ~, I may buy a second one just in case the first ever dies on me.

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #14,895 of 150,613
We did indeed offer it as an option.....
I just bitched about how early on it sounded like ass compared to S/PDIF.

I don't disagree, but we are talking really early on. At one point, USB caught up and then some. I think one of the major issues was that USB sources sucked.

Virtually evey DAC maker has been offering async USB as a standard input for years. I thought it was odd Schiit chose to make it an add on option at the beginning,

But I don't begrudge your convictions, as the audio press overhyped USB, like everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back