Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 12, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #14,866 of 151,727

So, literally ALL of them??

biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #14,868 of 151,727
If I recall the Story of the Loki Correctly They did one Run of it because "everyone" asked for DSD so I am guessing it was as a test bed. It got very good reveiws but it take a stupidly long time(possibly a year or more) to sell through the first run. So they took it out back and well...

Dec 12, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #14,869 of 151,727
  If I recall the Story of the Loki Correctly They did one Run of it because "everyone" asked for DSD so I am guessing it was as a test bed. It got very good reveiws but it take a stupidly long time(possibly a year or more) to sell through the first run. So they took it out back and well...

Gave it a nice bowl of heart-warming soup?

Dec 12, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #14,870 of 151,727

With all due respect to the Loki...it was a piece of, well, you know....
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 12, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #14,872 of 151,727
Back to the Freya..I would not be surprised if they are building hundreds of units ahead of the demand.  I can't wait to bring over fellow 'philes and have them soil them selves. I am going to make sure to not even hint at the price..these are guys with high 4 figure preamps with serious belief systems.

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #14,874 of 151,727
  I think Mike May agree with you and chances are he was held hostage and built it against his will to earn his freedom.

Any idea what tubes you may try with the freya while destroying the ego of your pals?

To be honest, Tung Sols. I have spent too much on exotic tubes and I found just about every time, whether it be rectifier or output tube, Tung Sol comes so amazingly close. Upscale Audio also thinks they are very high value.

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #14,875 of 151,727
Back to the Freya..I would not be surprised if they are building hundreds of units ahead of the demand.  I can't wait to bring over fellow 'philes and have them soil them selves. I am going to make sure to not even hint at the price..these are guys with high 4 figure preamps with serious belief systems.

What is your 2-channel setup? I'm particularly curious about your speaker selection. I've auditioned Vandy Quatros and have the Zu Definition and AZ Crecendos on the short list but trying to find a company that shares Schiit's philosophy that makes speakers. I hate the thought of $5-7k disappearing from the value of the product just because I got them from a dealer...

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #14,876 of 151,727
What is your 2-channel setup? I'm particularly curious about your speaker selection. I've auditioned Vandy Quatros and have the Zu Definition and AZ Crecendos on the short list but trying to find a company that shares Schiit's philosophy that makes speakers. I hate the thought of $5-7k disappearing from the value of the product just because I got them from a dealer...

Main system:

Speakers: Bryston Mini T
Solid State amp: Simaudio 760A
Tube amp: ARC VS55
Preamp: Aric Audio Unlimited, CIA PLC MKII
Server/DAC: Bryston BDP-2/BDA-3
Turntable: Rega Planar 3 w/Lehmann Cube SE phono preamp
Tape Deck: Revox A77/B77
Cables: Black Rhodium, Acoustic Zen, Wireworld

Office:

Speakers: Magnepan MMG
Power amp: Onkyo M5000R
Preamp: Aric Audio Expression
Server/DAC: Sonore microRendu/Simaudio 280D
Turntable: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC w/Graham Slee phono preamp
Cables: Transparent, Wireworld, Kimber

All the speakers you mentioned are very good, to say the least.

I am possibly looking into the Spatial M3's...I am really starting to be attracted to high efficiency designs.

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #14,877 of 151,727

Consider Salk Sound speakers.  They were stunning at the Schiit room at RMAF.

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #14,878 of 151,727
I like the Eames Lounge chair displayed with their X1s. I just purchased a Herman miller Aeron somthe Eames caught my eye. The M3 is an interesting choice-reminds me of emerald physics to an extent. I will likely be at RMAF to audition as many speakers in the $10-20k range as I can. Schiit will be driving the signal from my laptop to the speakers via Yggy, Freya, and two Vidars. My main system is in my home office. It will be a cool setup but I will not get any work done... ever... lol

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #14,880 of 151,727
I like the Eames Lounge chair displayed with their X1s. I just purchased a Herman miller Aeron somthe Eames caught my eye. The M3 is an interesting choice-reminds me of emerald physics to an extent. I will likely be at RMAF to audition as many speakers in the $10-20k range as I can. Schiit will be driving the signal from my laptop to the speakers via Yggy, Freya, and two Vidars. My main system is in my home office. It will be a cool setup but I will not get any work done... ever... lol

Well, guess what..Clayton Shaw, the head honcho of Spatial, used to design the EP speakers. The M3 sounded stunning at the Newport show. They run around $2500. And they look fantastic. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back