Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 25, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #145,111 of 151,921
Huh. I just realized I'll be driving through LA next month. I could stop at the Schittr and see it for myself! That might be cool... my wallet is making unhappy sounds, but I'll have an empty station wagon... the possibilities are endless! Well. Not endless, but pretty wide.

Not sure where I'd put more Schitt. The stack I've got going is almost perfect.

An empty station wagon .... :ksc75smile:

Try to listen more to the Schiit product at Schiitr which you do not have, and consider it after you went home, if you still miss it after 2 weeks, you then click "add to cart".

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #145,113 of 151,921
Won a small related victory today: my beloved had been hoarding boxes of magazines, very nicely organized in chronological order, collected over decades. We needed a major cleanup because their storage space was upgraded and repurposed for a home gym. Tomorrow is spring cleanup day here, and all the magazine are nicely stacked on the curb. I paid the price by also discarding my stacks of old skiing mags :beerchug:
If someone wants every issue of Stereophile, starting with the January, 2000 issue, I'll happily stack them in the back of their car or truck. Great reading for someone that still likes old fashioned printed matter.

Mar 25, 2024 at 12:53 AM Post #145,114 of 151,921
Won a small related victory today: my beloved had been hoarding boxes of magazines, very nicely organized in chronological order, collected over decades. We needed a major cleanup because their storage space was upgraded and repurposed for a home gym. Tomorrow is spring cleanup day here, and all the magazine are nicely stacked on the curb. I paid the price by also discarding my stacks of old skiing mags :beerchug:
Clearing out my parents' house back in 2011, we literally had to dump decades of magazines and journals as my father hadn't anticipated the digitisation of everything. And that was even before trying to get rid of over 1000 books.
IMG_1543.JPG.jpeg

Mar 25, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #145,115 of 151,921
Seems pretty silly in hind sight, but, yeah. Changed the world for sure.

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #145,116 of 151,921
Gungnir owners, I have a quick question for you:
What do you pair yours with? Meaning, what do the chains look like that you have your Gungnir in?
The Bluesound Node 2 does a fine job with the Gungnir, and I use a very high-quality Toslink optical cable. I also have a Marantz CD player connected via coax as a transport, but I can’t remember the last time I used it.

Digital storage and high-quality playback is a heck of a combination when it comes to playing any track you’ve purchased over 30+ years of collecting music…

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #145,117 of 151,921
Can't stop listening more of Barbara Carroll ......

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 13.29.08.png

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:47 AM Post #145,118 of 151,921
You have a hard time keeping up with-

200 + posts/day?
1400 + posts/week?
6000 + posts/month?

I realize where most of my posts fall on the signal/noise ratio, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find time to sift thru the thread to find meaningful content.
You can catch up on posts between KDFW and KMCO, and after fuel calculations, and etc. 😉

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:55 AM Post #145,119 of 151,921
Well... I won't make the decision lightly ...the learning curve looks quite steep :slight_smile:

Not that steep at all, just walk don't run is fine. :L3000:

Some might have the wealth and ability to buy every week, but it doesn't mean he or she learnt something ....

And there are a lot of nice members here (including Jason), they are always happy to help if you have any doubt.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #145,120 of 151,921
I feel inadequate because my Schiit stack has only two items: a MagPi and hidden behind it an older Fulla (MMB2 in my future!).
Here's a picture for everyone to point at and laugh.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nitsch-x-schiit-magni-piety-impressions-thread.964304/post-17928296
Not a laughing matter at all. We all (or most of us) started the same way. I wouldn’t have what I do now were it not for a Magni 2 Uber! And that little piece of kit, along with a Modi 2 Uber, acquired soon after, still drives powered speakers in my wife’s home office! So grab stuff you like, as your wallet commands!

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:01 AM Post #145,121 of 151,921
In rather unsettling news today, I was informed that the large walk-in closets in the new audio room were NOT mine. The room itself is mine, and I have successfully fended off several attempts at encroachment. But apparently I am only entitled to one of the two closets. "That is not OK" were her exact words after she discovered audio stuff in both, and my response of "But honey, we are in OK" was not received with the humor intended. Does anyone else run into these seemingly insurmountable challenges in married life? 🤣 🤣
Who doesn’t? And if you’ve never heard of Rae Dunn, pray you never do…

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:09 AM Post #145,122 of 151,921
It is getting a little out of hand, though.
Seems like we have a number of sub-stammtisch here, and migrating between them is encouraged, kinda like breakout sessions. Listen to what/who you like. Come for the gear, stat for the (insert whatever the hell floats your boat here)!

Someone her (forgive me for forgetting who, closes their posts with: “Enjoy the Schiit’n music!” Or something like that. Works…

Back to Vali 3!

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #145,123 of 151,921
Here's some Schiit:
The original Asgard is still my favorite solid state headphone amp.
So simple, yet so good.
Asgard 2 for me (but I’ll locate an original sooner or later…).

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:14 AM Post #145,124 of 151,921
Seems like we have a number of sub-stammtisch here, and migrating between them is encouraged, kinda like breakout sessions. Listen to what/who you like. Come for the gear, stat for the (insert whatever the hell floats your boat here)!

Someone her (forgive me for forgetting who, closes their posts with: “Enjoy the Schiit’n music!” Or something like that. Works…

Back to Vali 3!

Stammtisch, there are many under the same roof, just cruise around, sit down and chat ~~

Yep, MUSIC is the drive force.

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:14 AM Post #145,125 of 151,921

Users who are viewing this thread

Back