Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 7, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #142,247 of 151,645
I know, we're supposed to avoid politics on this thread, but...
020824chutlu2024.jpg
...I think I've found my candidate!
Unless, of course, Jason throws his hat into the ring. He could found his own third party. (Or should that be turd party?) Imagine the slogans, not to mention the posters!
I'd even prefer Stoddard/Moffat over Roark/Galt.
I still use my Chtulu at work! I did drop it on the ground at one point and the cover came off, but duct tape does a good job of keeping it together, and letting it power my Eitr, Modi Multibit, Loki, Magni stack

Mar 7, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #142,248 of 151,645
Mar 7, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #142,249 of 151,645
Would be cool to see a Eitr 2 with Unison.

IMO, Eitr was one of the best products Schiit ever made. There are still competing products on the market for 5-10X the price, but why?

I get that all Schiit DACS have Unison built in, but many people are using older Schiit DACS they don't want to go through the trouble of upgrading, old DACS from the 80's and 90's that don't have USB inputs, or even DACS of other brands that could benefit from Eitr.

Please bring back a new Eitr! It absolutely rocked for the price. I've been thinking of getting another on the used market, but most people selling them know what they have and they're going for way more than they used to cost new.

Mar 7, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #142,250 of 151,645
Aegir 2 is in da House!! I'm not, but it is. :D

I'm working late today, so likely no time to do more then plugging it in and letting it warm-up. Friday is pretty busy as well with a family event after work. Good news is it's Spring Break next week and I'm off the entire week so I'll get quality time to see what Aegir 2 is all about. :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #142,251 of 151,645
Well - here in north Marin, FedEx's Law states that they will often put a Post-It on your door, saying that they attempted delivery, whilst you were home all day long...

Swear to Dog, I definitely would have heard the doorbell... <grumble> hope that this doesn't happen to you @Ripper2860 - I know that that Aegir 2 has become the core of your being... :laughing:

LOL. Here in Canada, I've seen the package status change to "delivery attempted" with no notice on the door. I have security cameras, so I knew the FedEx guy didn't even come. He just changed the status without attempting delivery.

Mar 7, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #142,252 of 151,645
IMO, Eitr was one of the best products Schiit ever made. There are still competing products on the market for 5-10X the price, but why?

I get that all Schiit DACS have Unison built in, but many people are using older Schiit DACS they don't want to go through the trouble of upgrading, old DACS from the 80's and 90's that don't have USB inputs, or even DACS of other brands that could benefit from Eitr.

Please bring back a new Eitr! It absolutely rocked for the price. I've been thinking of getting another on the used market, but most people selling them know what they have and they're going for way more than they used to cost new.
Just get an Urd. Then you get a unison to spdif converter, adding a disc player for free /s

Mar 7, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #142,254 of 151,645
Mar 7, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #142,255 of 151,645
Mar 7, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #142,256 of 151,645
Just get an Urd. Then you get a unison to spdif converter, adding a disc player for free /s
Yeah, sure, a $1300 DDC with a free CD player, instead of a $180 Eitr!

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #142,257 of 151,645
Aegir 2 is in da House!! I'm not, but it is. :D

I'm working late today, so likely no time to do more then plugging it in and letting it warm-up. Friday is pretty busy as well with a family event after work. Good news is it's Spring Break next week and I'm off the entire week so I'll get quality time to see what Aegir 2 is all about. :wink:

The manual too? :ksc75smile:

Mar 7, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #142,258 of 151,645
I never figured it out. I think others just resampled in streaming software to avoid it, and I moved on to Yggy. Fwiw someone at the time (summer 2022) reached out via dm to say they had the same problem in a VCXO version so who knows.
It seems to me that it's a result of not having the missing clock. My Gumby (with both clocks) does not have the symptoms described.

Well, mine does have a similar symptom if I use "event" type WASAPI rather than "push" combined with Unison input, but I'm guessing that's unrelated.

EDIT: After reading the response @Orange5o posted at the same time, maybe it is related. Mine never has a lock issue if I use push-type WASAPI.
Thanks for the information, folks. I appreciate the background.
I prefer to not resample, so will just deal with it for now. Once properly clocked-on to the signal, the SQ is great. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back