Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 7, 2024 at 1:35 AM Post #142,201 of 151,658
I wish my cat was inclined to use her kitty spot. My Yggy is on top of a cabinet next to my desk where the rest of my gear is, and she much prefers to be on top of the Yggy instead of her bed!

I get annoyed because of the cat prints on the Yggy, but I can't blame her since it's warm... I guess a warm hard surface is preferable to an unheated cat bed! :smiley:
But, does the cat hairs causing trouble to the Schiit(s)?

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 2:02 AM Post #142,202 of 151,658
IMG_5353.png

No arguments from me…
Now I just need to find the right cat... I favor a Siamese. Kimmy had a lovely little girl named Pickles that was one of my best friends. I loved her little wedge-shaped head. :)

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:04 AM Post #142,203 of 151,658
The output levels of some boutique DACs are getting out of hand. What's the point of 9V? Bragging rights?
Yeah that seems a bit extreme.

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:12 AM Post #142,204 of 151,658
FedEx's Law it'll be early on a work day or late if you were off
Well - here in north Marin, FedEx's Law states that they will often put a Post-It on your door, saying that they attempted delivery, whilst you were home all day long...

Swear to Dog, I definitely would have heard the doorbell... <grumble> hope that this doesn't happen to you @Ripper2860 - I know that that Aegir 2 has become the core of your being... :laughing:

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #142,205 of 151,658
Well - here in north Marin, FedEx's Law states that they will often put a Post-It on your door, saying that they attempted delivery, whilst you were home all day long...

Swear to Dog, I definitely would have heard the doorbell... <grumble> hope that this doesn't happen to you @Ripper2860 - I know that that Aegir 2 has become the core of your being... :laughing:

Install a proximity sensor at the front door to trigger a fire alarm level door bell ... :ksc75smile:

Or, put a sticker at the door, "Fedex, if you do not cheat, you can have a treat"

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #142,206 of 151,658
Oh, yeah, that one is an Arkansas Special too. I HATE that the most.

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:19 AM Post #142,207 of 151,658
Mar 7, 2024 at 2:22 AM Post #142,208 of 151,658
Why continue to regret that? You can buy another for less than the cost of a new Aegir. At the same time, you would need to convince me that it sounds better.
Well, I have an OG Aegir and it sounds great here in the office... I would still like to hear the Sony side-by-side with my current setup. It gave me many hours of joy several decades ago, and I know that it was a unique design - Nelson Pass apparently hoovered up every power V-FET left on Earth, and there must be a reason for that...

Seriously, OG Yggy -> MJ3 -> OG Aegir is amazing... and this being said, I am pretty sure that you are right - thanks for freeing me from my V-FET nervosa, @JanMc ! :)

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #142,209 of 151,658
Well, I have an OG Aegir and it sounds great here in the office... I would still like to hear the Sony side-by-side with my current setup. It gave me many hours of joy several decades ago, and I know that it was a unique design - Nelson Pass apparently hoovered up every power V-FET left on Earth, and there must be a reason for that...

Seriously, OG Yggy -> MJ3 -> OG Aegir is amazing... and this being said, I am pretty sure that you are right - thanks for freeing me from my V-FET nervosa, @JanMc ! :)

Aegir OG is very good with Dali ~~

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #142,210 of 151,658
Listening station? That's my workspace! 😁
Honestly AP, I preferred your old avatar. It was you.

The current one... seems angry. It is a tiny bit... scary.

Just MHO, of course... <g>

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:26 AM Post #142,211 of 151,658
Honestly AP, I preferred your old avatar. It was you.

The current one... seems angry. It is a tiny bit... scary.

Just MHO, of course... <g>

Not scary, but hairy ...... :L3000:

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #142,212 of 151,658
I have relatives in Canada and if my memory from when I was 13 and visiting are accurate: milk comes in a bag, they say Adult and Super Mario weird, and their money is cooler. And if my memory from being 18 in college and in driving distance to Windsor where you could drink and gamble at that age are accurate: I have no recollection.
...don't forget "PRO-ject" vs. "prah-ject", too...

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #142,213 of 151,658
Yes. It's actually very, very good. I am a bit blown away, as I got these Dali Oberon On-walls for a song... and they sound fantastic.

I should investigate Dali (actually Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries, so probably "DALI") for when I win the Lottery. <g>

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:59 AM Post #142,214 of 151,658
...and as I'm sitting here listening, I am more and more blown away. This is incredible synergy - OG Aegir and a pair of DALI Oberon On-walls...

At least, in this room... with Yggy up front. <g>

p.s. - seriously, these speakers are crazy good.

Mar 7, 2024 at 3:00 AM Post #142,215 of 151,658
Yes. It's actually very, very good. I am a bit blown away, as I got these Dali Oberon On-walls for a song... and they sound fantastic.

I should investigate Dali (actually Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries, so probably "DALI") for when I win the Lottery. <g>

The Opticon MKII stand mounts are wonderful, it can reproduce the sound signature of the equipment, pair with Aegir OC, it is mellower, sweet, with Vidar it is starker... also play back the tonality of different DACs, I like it so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back