Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 4, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #141,976 of 151,709
And the great circle of life (and livelihood support) continues. :sweat_smile:
There is an awful lot of middle ground between the yin and yang of our professions!

Mar 4, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #141,977 of 151,709
From my wife's perspective, hiding any whiskey from her is highly inappropriate. She's usually the one encouraging me to buy them and open the newest bottle!

This was the latest one, yesterday afternoon:

That’s a very special bottle at a sane price point. Beam did good with this one. It also makes one hell of a good old fashioned with about a quarter ounce of rich Demerara syrup.

Mar 4, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #141,978 of 151,709
Mar 4, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #141,979 of 151,709
There is an awful lot of middle ground between the yin and yang of our professions!
Not to mention the supply-side/demand-side economics, logistics and conflicts-of-interest if her clinic signed a sponsorship deal with your company. I'll stop here, before I have to pretend to be a lawyer or a philosopher on the internet. :wink:

Mar 4, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #141,980 of 151,709
I WISH my wife shared this interest in spirits with me! She doesn't drink at all - not a tea-totaller and she does not disapprove of my imbibing - she just does not like the taste of any alcohol. In fact, it is all just "alcohol" to her. She is a therapist who sees a large number of clients with dependency issues and we often joke about how I make the thing that helps cause that and she is the one trying to help people get away from it. lol

My girlfriend loves margaritas and wine. Every beer she has tried tastes the same to her. “Tastes like beer. 😐 No, thanks.”

Mar 4, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #141,981 of 151,709
Yes, that was an actual photo of my visage.
The new avatar resembles one of my pups, from the right angle:
sepia barley.jpg

Mar 4, 2024 at 9:36 PM Post #141,982 of 151,709
I highly recommend not delaying taking a cat, especially a male cat to a vet if they have urinary issues. I lost Sunshine to a urinary blockage circa 1971; it took less that 36 hours. It discovered that the dry cat food of that era could cause then problem. A quick internet search shows that there is a confusing plethora of special cat food for this.
Sunshine was a big orange and white male cat, very friendly to humans. But got into cat fights. He liked eating cantaloupe. (I kid you not.)
I was being facetious, Finnegan is fine. A great deal of banter led that statement.🤪 Sorry to hear about your cat, my daughter started out as a vet tech and she monitors our cats diets.

Mar 4, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #141,983 of 151,709
No Ear Tips For Old Men. I’ve been iem curious for a few years and finally got some proper iem’s. Yes, I’ve had them going back to the Bakelite earpiece that came with my transistor radio back in ‘67 but nothing I’d call audiophile quality (not even my Sony’s). Surely one can go bonkers these days as far as price but I managed to keep myself to an open box Kinera Nanna (wife of Baldr) Z-Tunes for $200 off at $750. I saved $1000 not getting the Noble Spartacus if my wife asks. Iem use might remind me to pay more attention to personal grooming when it comes to the forest growing out of my side hearers. I’ve never listened to headphones at stupid levels and certainly never made a complete seal with iem’s which is one of the reasons why I have good hearing in my mid 60’s but I know to get the best out them requires a good seal. The Nanna’s came with a plethora of ear tips worthy of El Guapo and yet….ehhh. I’ve already plopped down $50 and just equalled that in the hope of finding whatever freakish design actually works for me. I can get a seal with the foamies as long as I assume the rigor mortis position and have really enjoyed what I have heard so far out of Vali 2+ but I got these to move around in with my iPhone and Dragonfly Cobalt. I also got them because Jason doesn’t recommend iem’s with Mjolnir 3 which makes me go “hold my beer” but not until I get proper ear tips. The Nanna’s are 60 ohms and 110 db/mW so I think I can get away with it. I didn’t foresee ear tips being as big a deal as it has become and I’m probably going to end up spending more $ for custom schiit. So much for “never pay retail” but I do look forward to hearing these buggers at their best. Old codgers with big pumpkin heads beware.

Mar 4, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #141,985 of 151,709
That’s a very special bottle at a sane price point. Beam did good with this one. It also makes one hell of a good old fashioned with about a quarter ounce of rich Demerara syrup.
I agree, and that does sound good. I definitely recommend this pour for anywhere near MSRP.

Mar 4, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #141,987 of 151,709
Thanks for the recommendation @Verde And Black. I'm listening now and it's a wonderful way to end the evening. Tidal(PC)>Gungir A2>Loki Mini OG>Pietus Maximus>HD650

Whether it's whiskey, BBQ, music, pets, odd various other topics or yes, even audio components; there's a lot of great taste in this thread.

The $hit that's in poor taste is alright too!

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #141,988 of 151,709
Thanks for the recommendation @Verde And Black. I'm listening now and it's a wonderful way to end the evening. Tidal(PC)>Gungir A2>Loki Mini OG>Pietus Maximus>HD650

Whether it's whiskey, BBQ, music, pets, odd various other topics or yes, even audio components; there's a lot of great taste in this thread.

The $hit that's in bad taste is alright too.
Anyone with John Prine’s seal of approval is good with me, but her voice is special. Add it’s not a bad record to sip some whiskey too as well.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 11:29 PM Post #141,989 of 151,709
Mar 4, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #141,990 of 151,709

Users who are viewing this thread

Back