Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 22, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #140,506 of 155,073
I can handle it. The wife and dog may not be able to handle it, but thanks to them and Ripple (not a Boone's Farm lover), I sure can. :D

** Happy Margarita Day!!
It is early but I am as patriotic as the next guy! This is a National Holiday right? 68489709798__55A4E775-7E0C-4A1D-9CEF-72EDC25C7A2A.jpeg

Feb 22, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #140,507 of 155,073
Si. It is a National Holiday. I think maybe even banks and post offices are closed. :D

Feb 22, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #140,508 of 155,073
I read somewhere that espresso is supposed to be drunk within 5 minutes, sipping the whole time. Black...no sugar or cream. I think the article said that's how real Italians drink thier espresso.

Then either those people are not Italian but I’m not Italian haha

Feb 22, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #140,509 of 155,073
Cuban espresso has sugar. That's how I was raised and the only way I drink espresso. :p

Un Cafecito, por favor.

1708616798805.png

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #140,510 of 155,073
Performing my coffee ritual at work for 3 coffee drinkers here before I start my long work day :)

Spraying the beans too before grinding for a neat grind workflow

IMG_9296.jpeg

Later it’s gonna be Schiit listening time!

IMG_8996.jpeg

Feb 22, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #140,513 of 155,073
I can handle it. The wife and dog may not be able to handle it, but thanks to them and Ripple (not a Boone's Farm lover), I sure can. :D

** Happy Margarita Day!!
Ripper you have triggered a memory - again - back in the 1980's my USAF chums and I would have 'dangerous margarita nights ' that embraced the best of UK culture in the form of a 1pint dimple beer jug with a salted rim of course of margarita !!! - no wonder I had forgotten about them !!!

Happy Margarita day folks !!

Feb 22, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #140,515 of 155,073
Geez, Louise!! How about letting us know ahead of time as opposed to after-the-fact. We cannot send thoughts and/or prayers for a positive outcome if we don't know about these things.

Glad all is well.

** As for your Dr. finding a heart -- I'd ask for a 2nd opinion. :D
I did not want to disrupt the Schiit sine wave with my problems.

Feb 22, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #140,516 of 155,073
I read somewhere that espresso is supposed to be drunk within 5 minutes, sipping the whole time. Black...no sugar or cream. I think the article said that's how real Italians drink thier espresso.
As someone who has spent a rather significant amount of his life in a small village in northern Italy at a restaurant that's predominantly serving locals, I think I'm in a reasonably decent position to say:
Real Italians drink their espresso any god-damned way they like. Black, milk, sugar, cream … doesn't matter.
I'm sure that actual Italians (as opposed to a wannabe part-time South Tyrolean such as myself) like @Pietro Cozzi Tinin will be happy to confirm that.

That said, snooty espresso snobs exist in Italy just as much as elsewhere. Maybe the author of that article mistook those for "real Italians"?

As with audio, the same advice applies to espresso — or any other hobby, vice, lifestyle, belief, kink, whatever:
As long as it doesn't impede on others doing the same, do whatever blows your hair back. ✌️😎

Feb 22, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #140,518 of 155,073
As someone who has spent a rather significant amount of his life in a small village in northern Italy at a restaurant that's predominantly serving locals, I think I'm in a reasonably decent position to say:
Real Italians drink their espresso any god-damned way they like. Black, milk, sugar, cream … doesn't matter.
I'm sure that actual Italians (as opposed to a wannabe part-time South Tyrolean such as myself) like @Pietro Cozzi Tinin will be happy to confirm that.

That said, snooty espresso snobs exist in Italy just as much as elsewhere. Maybe the author of that article mistook those for "real Italians"?

As with audio, the same advice applies to espresso — or any other hobby, vice, lifestyle, belief, kink, whatever:
As long as it doesn't impede on others doing the same, do whatever blows your hair back. ✌️😎

True that.

True story earlier this week, I had encountered a coffee snob who just schiited on the way I store my coffee beans for 2 hours proclaiming that I'm wasting all my money on expensive specialty beans since I don't store them on a fancy vacuum canister and I don't freeze by coffee beans lol. The nerve man. He was also telling me my coffee grinder (whom he wanted to try out because it has a hyped burr inside thanks to YT influencers which was the reason that snob approached me) is being wasted on Costco "trash" beans. Bruh it's just coffee man, I truly felt like the dude is having a meltdown that I use oily dark roast beans on my grinder lol. It's probably the second time in my life I had to ghost a person. Can't stand coffee snobs at all, and I'm just so happy that the audio hobby is far, far more accommodating to newbie and enthusiasts alike

Feb 22, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #140,519 of 155,073

Users who are viewing this thread

Back