Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 18, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #139,907 of 152,859
Yeah Im getting one too but since i missed the jan 24 cut-off it's going to likely be late April/early May for me. Oof.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they are doing with the new Gungnir- Oden's spear.
I think it'd be gumby 3; or is it just 2?
Anyway, here's to hoping it is at least like a Yggy LiM.
We'll see.

Jason said a few things about Gungnir 2 in the 2023 year end wrap-up video. It will arrive as only a delta-sigma DAC of Schiit's own implementation. There has been no mention of a multibit version so far that I'm aware of, so I suppose it's possible there won't be a "Gumby 2" at all, in the sense that "Gumby" is a nickname for Gungnir Multibit.

Feb 18, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #139,908 of 152,859
Loki in bypass mode should not cause a timing issue, In Process Mode with controls flat there should also be no timing issue.
Even in any other mode, Loki is analog, so timing wont be an issue.
The timing variations in video/audio/home theater are due to digital processing timing differences between the audio and video streams. So there are settings to slow one of them down by varying numbers of milliseconds to get the lip sync right.

Feb 18, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #139,910 of 152,859
Tom and Dewey wishing everyone a good morning.
IMG_1845.JPG

Feb 18, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #139,911 of 152,859
The best tacos in any city will always come from a truck. If you happen to live in a place like Texas, the ten or twenty best tacos will come from a truck. I can think of two brick and mortar taco places in Austin that would make my personal Top 20. One used to be in a truck and the other is run by a former Michelin starred chef who is making very good tacos, with very good ingredients, in very creative ways, but I’ll take a truck 18 out of 20 times.
The first time I got food was lunchtime and the place had all kinds of work trucks and a large contingent of Hispanic people so I figured it might be authentic. I copied the menu to make call in orders easier.IMG_7270.jpeg

Feb 18, 2024 at 8:13 AM Post #139,913 of 152,859
and a cutout rolling spot :wink:
Hmmmm, I do need to learn how to make proper cutouts for other purposes, I will do some experimenting in the next few weeks. 🤪

Feb 18, 2024 at 8:30 AM Post #139,914 of 152,859
I am glad it arrived safely, one more to be delivered soon and then @bcowen should get his once he stops being a vagrant.😂
Thanks to @Paladin79, my board arrived safely and been employed doing what it does best. The board is reversible, so it has indents to hold tasting glasses on one side, and old fashioned size glasses on the other. @Paladin79 exceeded his normally fine woodworking skills in producing this outstanding work of art, and I am happy to receive it (although I could not find any paw prints from the shop boss, Finnegan).

Attachments

• 20240217_144903.jpg
    20240217_144903.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240218_081536.jpg
    20240218_081536.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
Feb 18, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #139,915 of 152,859
As Ms Jody points out to me; 1970 is as far away today (well a couple years ago) as 1918 was to 1970............

It was far better to be 20 in the 70’s than 70 in the 20’s…

Feb 18, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #139,916 of 152,859
Thanks to @Paladin79, my board arrived safely and been employed doing what it does best. The board is reversible, so it has indents to hold tasting glasses on one side, and old fashioned size glasses on the other. @Paladin79 exceeded his normally fine woodworking skills in producing this outstanding work of art, and I am happy to receive it (although I could not find any paw prints from the shop boss, Finnegan).
This is frienshhip.

Feb 18, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #139,917 of 152,859
This is frienshhip
Sam has always been a friend and has been helpful in several areas. He is among a group of people I try to help unconditionally. @jonathan c and @emorrison33 have been extremely helpful with tubes and a set of speakers, I try to never forget a favor so I would build for them as well. I suppose it could be called reciprocal altruism. I might repair an audio receiver for a neighbor and suddenly enough firewood appears to last me two winters.

Much of the banter about cardboard started when I gifted @bcowen an amplifier. I bought a glorious piece of tiger maple yet I could not get my amp to fit into the case sideways.😉 I used rainbow poplar which he began referring to as cardboard. It took me a few years to find suitable tiger maple so I rebuilt his cabinet accordingly. IMG_5341.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #139,918 of 152,859
Classy. Lucky man.

Feb 18, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #139,919 of 152,859
A small coda to my purchase of a Gungnir Multibit from a fellow Schiitizen Head-fier in December: Being a negotiator and stubborn-as-a-mule kind of person when it comes to principles, I made my case to Fed-Ex that their processing fees were unreasonable and that the actual cost of their fees were never disclosed beforehand, I never agreed to them, etc. etc. I let them know that I was willing to meet them half-way, and even THAT amount was on the borderlands of obscene. The money really wasn't the point.

Anyway, they...caved. I'll have a revised invoice this week. I suspect that for them, the amount doesn't even enter the realm of being a fraction of a rounding error and that it was easier and less costly to just agree to this than to continue the back-and-forth. Whatever their reasons, it was a fun poker game.

Feb 18, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #139,920 of 152,859
Sam has always been a friend and has been helpful in several areas. He is among a group of people I try to help unconditionally. @jonathan c and @emorrison33 have been extremely helpful with tubes and a set of speakers, I try to never forget a favor so I would build for them as well. I suppose it could be called reciprocal altruism. I might repair an audio receiver for a neighbor and suddenly enough firewood appears to last me two winters.

Much of the banter about cardboard started when I gifted @bcowen an amplifier. I bought a glorious piece of tiger maple yet I could not get my amp to fit into the case sideways.😉 I used rainbow poplar which he began referring to as cardboard. It took me a few years to find suitable tiger maple so I rebuilt his cabinet accordingly. IMG_5341.jpeg

Gorgeous! 🤩

Users who are viewing this thread

Back