Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 4, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #138,661 of 155,069
Not yet. About half full since I am an optimist.😉
.... if you do laterally pack the 'mt' ... send it to
a NC 'ex-statetriate' in GA ... 🤣

Feb 4, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #138,662 of 155,069
More than likely I will have room for four glasses. This is my treat for several of you on this site. Yours is for introducing me to your bottled in bond bourbon. If you have a wood preference just say something and I will see what I have.
No particular wood preferences though I do tend to gravitate towards rich dark stains. Perhaps something similar to what Zack did as a one-off for my ZMF Vibro 'phones as seen in my avatar? :)

Feb 4, 2024 at 9:35 PM Post #138,663 of 155,069
Now add a nice Schiit amp and pair of good speakers and you will find an entirely new love of music. While I love and appreciate the clarity and accuracy of my headphones, nothing moves me like music played to my whole body.
+1 and a hearty amen to that!

Feb 4, 2024 at 9:36 PM Post #138,664 of 155,069
Now add a nice Schiit amp and pair of good speakers and you will find an entirely new love of music. While I love and appreciate the clarity and accuracy of my headphones, nothing moves me like music played to my whole body.
I DID mention that Schiit was rather like crack, yes? And so there's a list for the main system too, starting with a nice pair of Tyrs for the MartinLogans and another Yggdrasil to replace the PS Audio, and perhaps another Urd to replace the Pioneer Elite CD player which would get along fabulously with the Yiggrasil...

Feb 4, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #138,666 of 155,069
Success!

(For now... 😋😋)
IMG_6404.gif

Feb 4, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #138,667 of 155,069
For all the folks posting pics of classical music, I’m surprised that there isn’t more contemporary classical stuff, like Ludovico Einaudi and Max Richter etc. not judging, just wondering if I’m on an island musically listening to contemporary artists more than the legends of the past.
You are not on an island. And if you are, you are not alone. Recent interests include Yun, Fagerlund, Mumford, Aho, and Nordin. Lots of great contemporary composers out there, but I can understand how the legends remain legends. 😊

Feb 4, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #138,668 of 155,069
No particular wood preferences though I do tend to gravitate towards rich dark stains. Perhaps something similar to what Zack did as a one-off for my ZMF Vibro 'phones as seen in my avatar? :)
I only work with natural wood colors and rarely stain or tint but I have rainbow poplar that can give various dark tones like the center of this charcuterie board. These are all natural colors.

IMG_6872.jpeg

Feb 4, 2024 at 9:44 PM Post #138,669 of 155,069
I only work with natural wood colors and rarely stain or tint but I have rainbow poplar that can give various dark tones like the center of this charcuterie board. These are all natural colors.

IMG_6872.jpeg
😍

Feb 4, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #138,670 of 155,069
Entr'acte by Caroline Shaw (this was a Grammy Award winning album)

'Evergreen' from Caroline Shaw and Attacca Quartet was also a standout for me. Great pairing of musical artists on these albums.

IMG_6405.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #138,671 of 155,069
With Yggy via XLR as source, both passive and differential modes of Freya +/N/S will have true balanced (both + and - phases active) output. With an SE (RCA connected) input and in passive gain mode, the Freya XLR output will only have the + phase active, and negative phase connected to ground via an impedance related to volume control position. Sound will still be produced but internal operating points of downstream gear may or may not be optimal (depends on topology of those devices) when fed with a lopsided XLR signal.

+1

I think there was a barrier in my actual question vs the responses I got. It took me a bit to get down to the actual question I had. I appreciate the efforts.

My thought was that there should be no sound or significantly distorted sound when in passive mode using a balanced input to a SE output (or vice versa) That's not the case with my setup. The sound difference between passive and differential modes is darn near the same in the above scenario whether it be passive or differential. My non EE brain thought this odd. But, it now makes perfect sense. Thanks!

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #138,674 of 155,069
Let me make this clear, I will only send the board as a gift.🤪🤪 I just thought of doing this and you are number four on the list. I cannot build one for @bcowen since his Liquor comes in plastic jugs and mason jars won’t fit in the cutouts.😉 IMG_7240.jpeg
Sigh. I havent been able to find the Colonel in 6 or 7 years now, alas! Nice bourbon

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #138,675 of 155,069
Unbelievable. I just caught up with my posts from earlier today. They're on page 9240. This is page 9244. FOUR FREAKING PAGES IN FOUR HOURS!

No wonder I've been struggling to catch up since Christmas.
Congratulations on your valiant effort! :joy_cat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back