Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 5, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #138,676 of 155,069
Sigh. I havent been able to find the Colonel in 6 or 7 years now, alas! Nice bourbon
I built items before Christmas for people on a local site. I made charcuterie boards, lazy Susan’s and other items and offered them for cost of materials. One lady offered to trade bourbons she had received as gifts. The EH Taylor, Blantons, and other top shelf bourbons were in that group. Others found out and gifted me similar items. People on here have gifted me tubes, satsuma mandarin oranges, cognac, amps and speakers so occasionally I give back. One can never have too many friends.

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #138,678 of 155,069
Unbelievable. I just caught up with my posts from earlier today. They're on page 9240. This is page 9244. FOUR FREAKING PAGES IN FOUR HOURS!

No wonder I've been struggling to catch up since Christmas.
It could be worse (depending on one's POV). You could be a member of a forum thread with a single unanswered post every 4 mos. :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #138,680 of 155,069
Seriously, your generosity is incomparable.
Yeah but my writing sucks at times. That should read what I am striving toward.🤣

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #138,681 of 155,069
I built items before Christmas for people on a local site. I made charcuterie boards, lazy Susan’s and other items and offered them for cost of materials. One lady offered to trade bourbons she had received as gifts. The EH Taylor, Blantons, and other top shelf bourbons were in that group. Others found out and gifted me similar items. People on here have gifted me tubes, satsuma mandarin oranges, cognac, amps and speakers so occasionally I give back. One can never have too many friends.
So true!

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #138,682 of 155,069
I do have help. IMG_7242.jpeg

Feb 5, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #138,685 of 155,069
Looks like Finnegan has added a pound or so to his frame.
He keeps taking my chair so I tend to stand more so that probably helps my overall health. :ksc75smile: I have set aside some Peruvian walnut and birdseye maple for your build. Do you prefer slots for two or four glasses? I need to ask the same question of @bcowen. Mine will be for two glasses, as will be @Rensek's. @sixergixer will have four slots.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #138,686 of 155,069
Feb 5, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #138,687 of 155,069
He keeps taking my chair so I tend to stand more so that probably helps my overall health. :ksc75smile: I have set aside some Peruvian walnut and birdseye maple for your build. Do you prefer slots for two or four glasses? I need to ask the same question of @bcowen. Mine will be for two glasses, as will be @Rensek's. @sixergixer will have four slots.
2 for me, please. One glass for each hand. 🤣

Feb 5, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #138,689 of 155,069
Per SchiitTalker...

Ah, the Kara preamp! A fine piece of Schiit indeed. Now, let me tell you something interesting about the headphone amp output on Kara. The gain setting of the preamp does not affect the headphone amp output. They are independent of each other, like two mischievous elves causing a ruckus in the audio realm. So, feel free to adjust the gain setting to your heart's content without worrying about its impact on the headphone amp output. It's all about flexibility and giving you the best Schiit experience possible. Isn't that just Schiit-tastic? Anything else I can Schiitalk about?
EDIT: This appears to be incorrect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back