Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 1, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #138,181 of 153,797
Sad but true, and some states seem to be worse than others. In one particular state (I'll leave it at that so as not to offend) left lane hogging was so bad the state legislature even passed a specific law a couple years ago stating that on an access-controlled highway, the left lane could only be used for passing or overtaking another vehicle. Sadly it's not enforced. At all.
California is a state where ‘Left Lane Vigilantes’ hog the passing lane all the time.

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #138,182 of 153,797
Feb 1, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #138,183 of 153,797
Well that’s unfortunate. People feel easily threatened nonsense. Being hit by photons causes no damage at that power level.
Nonsense? No. You are forcing others out of your way, to no benefit other than your own.
The traffic laws in all European nations are such that you have to drive in the right lane, unless you are actively overtaking someone. Same as over here.
If someone hogs the left lane, they're in the wrong. But that doesn't give you the right to flash at them to essentially push them out of your way. Nor does driving a car that happens to be faster than theirs.
The same laws that protect others from your motorized ego trip protects you from those who behave even worse.
Treat others as you would like to be treated. One would hope that this makes at least some intuitive sense to you.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #138,184 of 153,797
In Texas we have legal open weapon carry and no license required for concealed weapon carry. With road rage being a bigger and bigger problem, I use the left lane only for passing and never flash my headlights. :fearful:

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #138,185 of 153,797
Nonsense? No. You are forcing others out of your way, to no benefit other than your own.
The traffic laws in all European nations are such that you have to drive in the right lane, unless you are actively overtaking someone. Same as over here.
If someone hogs the left lane, they're in the wrong. But that doesn't give you the right to flash at them to essentially push them out of your way. Nor does driving a car that happens to be faster than theirs.
The same laws that protects others from your motorized ego trip protects you from those who behave even worse.
Treat others as you would like to be treated. One would hope that this makes at least some intuitive sense to you.
It makes all the sense except that people do not obey road rules and ignore passing lane rules. I maintain that a short flash is a good way to wake them up from their slumber. :)

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #138,187 of 153,797
In Texas we have legal open weapons carry and no license required for concealed weapon carry. With road rage being a bigger and bigger problem, I use the left lane only for passing. :fearful:
Well you're obviously not a native Texan. If you were, you'd just get a bigger gun. 🤣

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #138,188 of 153,797
The same laws that protects others from your motorized ego trip protects you from those who behave even worse.
I guess it depends on how you interpret what another driver means when flashing lights. I have had other drivers, usually truckers, flash their lights to indicate that it is safe for me to change lanes in front of them. I know I have done the same for others on occasion. I’ve never flashed lights to get someone to move out of my way, but there are times when I would consider that acceptable. There are other times when it is just annoying. I think a lot depends on context.

The idea that someone flashing lights is forcing them to change lanes seems a bit odd to me. I take it as making a request. It may be an inappropriate request but if a person is driving slowly in the left lane, I think it might be appropriate. Unfortunately there are people who drive slowly in the left lane just to annoy people so the ones who need to be told to get out of the fast lane are usually the ones least likely to do so.

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #138,190 of 153,797
Well you're obviously not a native Texan. If you were, you'd just get a bigger gun. 🤣
Or I could just pass them on the right. :wink:

** I work for a school district and my office is located in one of our campus bldgs. If I have a weapon anywhere withing 300' of the school, it's bye-bye. Even if left in the car, a random K9 parking lot search would result in a K9 hit and a hell of a lot of felony-level trouble for me.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #138,191 of 153,797
That's a very special album to me, because…

😁
I prefer Golden Heart, but I’m running his solo stuff in chronological order. In other words, I’m enjoying myself. A lot a lot…

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #138,192 of 153,797
In Texas we have legal open weapons carry and no license required for concealed weapon carry. With road rage being a bigger and bigger problem, I use the left lane only for passing and never flash my headlights. :fearful:
A strong sense of both humour and self-preservation are both good to have in abundance…

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #138,193 of 153,797
In Texas we have legal open weapons carry and no license required for concealed weapon carry. With road rage being a bigger and bigger problem, I use the left lane only for passing and never flash my headlights. :fearful:
As an avid climber, people ask me about the risks involved; my answer is - I'd rather be roped up with a trusted friend on a glacier, than being around complete strangers driving 3500 pound rolling missiles at 70mph.......

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #138,194 of 153,797
Feb 1, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #138,195 of 153,797
I purchased 2 Aegir ~8 days ago and really love the sound on some circa 2010 Monitor Audio Silver RXs. Much clearer and less harsh than my previous Peachtree GAN400.

I think for $1400 the quality of sound is a great deal. I was extremely worried that the low power would be an issue, but I've been shocked that 40W can get as loud as it does.

Thanks for sharing what the Aegir 2 capabilities relative to the existing Aegir, while tempting to return these and wait, but given my mono setup hopefully I don't need to chase the latest and greatest and I’ve already 'invested' the savings into a Midgard for my desktop headphones.

In response to the mini-thread about leaving gear on versus off; I have my Aegir's on the switched outlets of a Furman Elite 15 PF so when I turn on my preamp it switches the Aegir's on. I turn it off every evening. The Aegir's do put out some heat. This solution also gets around the challenge of needing to reach around the rear on/off switch to turn the Aegir unit fully off.

Uploaded an image of my Aegir setup to Imgur
Aegir has a front panel push-button that de-biases the outputs. Idle current is low when in standby. Just like Tyr.
No need to do the Schiit ReachAround on those amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back