Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 30, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #138,031 of 151,222
I know we all (on mostly) leave our DAC's on all the time, but do you leave your Lokius or Loki Max on? Been turning mine off because it's a little warmer than the DAC's, any reason it would or would not benefit from warmup time?
I turn off my tube amps (duh) and the EITR. The EITR has died twice; both times right at two years. So now I turn it off. Maybe I can get three years out of it.
Everything else is on 24 hr.

Jan 30, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #138,032 of 151,222
They cool down because they idle at 5 watts in standby.
This is what the SchiitTalker says for idling (not standby):

“Hi! I'm SchiitTalker, an AI that loves Schiit. I'm not perfect (don't trust me on prices, and no we never do sales). Beyond that, how can I help you?
What is Tyr idling (not standby) power consumption?
Ah, the mighty Tyr! When it's idling, not in standby mode, it consumes around 5-6 watts of power. It's a Class A amplifier, so it likes to keep things warm and cozy. Just remember, Tyr is all about power and performance, so it's worth every watt!”

Probably wrong.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #138,035 of 151,222

“Hi! I'm SchiitTalker, an AI that loves Schiit. I'm not perfect (don't trust me on prices, and no we never do sales). Beyond that, how can I help you?
Ah, the mighty Tyr! When it's idling, not in standby mode, it consumes around 5-6 watts of power. It's a Class A amplifier, so it likes to keep things warm and cozy. Just remember, Tyr is all about power and performance, so it's worth every watt!”

Probably wrong.

It is wrong. The Tyr isn't a class A amplifier.

:beerchug:
JC

Jan 30, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #138,036 of 151,222

Probably wrong.
Ah. Got it.

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #138,038 of 151,222

I truly, truly love that passage between 8:50 and 10:00 minutes.

You can virtually see the camera slowly moving along, close to the wet, moss-covered ground, past dead pirates rising out of their musky smelling graves, one by one, until the camera starts rising up, slowly, to come to a halt on a close-up of the captain’s largely decayed face as he turns from his profile towards the camera and looks straight at you, menacingly, with his one remaining intact eye.

What?! I'm "normal," I swear.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #138,039 of 151,222
How about a pair of DALI On-walls? They work great for me with a single Aegir 1. Got a pair open-box from AA in Grand Rapids for less than $500...
Nice!

I'm awaiting a pair of Fyne Audio F300s which have been on sale for $199 for a while. I'm curious about the Fyne sound, are the right size (9.8 x 6.1 x 8.3”) and a killer price.

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #138,040 of 151,222
got a new CD and Vinyl in the post today. enjoyed the first listen with a glass of Old Caz Blue Label.
not sure why I prefer running the source thru the Freya+ tube gain...just do
and the volume control of the Mjolnir rather than Freya

IMG_2670.jpeg

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #138,041 of 151,222
got a new CD and Vinyl in the post today. enjoyed the first listen with a glass of Old Caz Blue Label.

IMG_2670.jpeg
Somebody likes Polly Jean...
And with good reason!

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #138,043 of 151,222

IMG_2670.jpeg
That PJ Harvey album with John Parrish is completely awesome.

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #138,045 of 151,222
Saga sized balanced preamp to pair with Bifrost and Gjallarhorn?
Nope, I really want a more tubey Lyr sized preamp/headphone amp to pair with my Aegir. I want sweet with lots of harmonic distortion that just makes everything sound sooooo sweet! Waiting for Valhalla 3 maybe....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back