Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 14, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #136,246 of 151,186
I vote "aye!" on behalf of me and my clan!

My wife and I spent 2 weeks in Scotland just before the start of the pandemic. We've fallen in love with the Isle of Skye and we'll be going back to spend more time there and in the western Isles. It's a landscape photographer's dream.
On a nice day, Skye is the most beautiful place on earth.... If only there were more if them.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #136,249 of 151,186
Not gonna lie, even after pages of plankton discourse I still don’t understand what plankton is in audiophile parlance. That said, I have a distressing situation. I got a chord mojo2 and the mojo2 dac sounds better to me than my modius e. I think I need to get a bifrost 2/64 or wait for gungnir2 to come out, because I found myself thinking the mojo2 was just…smoother? Not trying to push a non Schiit product in the thread, and for the money I’d imagine a 650 dollar dac had better outperform a 229 dollar dac, but I just wasn’t expecting to hear it. So what do yall think, bifrost time or wait til gungnir2 or something?

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #136,250 of 151,186
Not gonna lie, even after pages of plankton discourse I still don’t understand what plankton is in audiophile parlance. That said, I have a distressing situation. I got a chord mojo2 and the mojo2 dac sounds better to me than my modius e. I think I need to get a bifrost 2/64 or wait for gungnir2 to come out, because I found myself thinking the mojo2 was just…smoother? Not trying to push a non Schiit product in the thread, and for the money I’d imagine a 650 dollar dac had better outperform a 229 dollar dac, but I just wasn’t expecting to hear it. So what do yall think, bifrost time or wait til gungnir2 or something?
If it (or anything else) sounds good to you, use it. Simple.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #136,251 of 151,186
Non-Plankton setup...

Rad 0's with Modius E and Midgard...wow a wonderful pairing!

1705258654987.jpeg

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #136,252 of 151,186
If it (or anything else) sounds good to you, use it. Simple.
gonna need to find a way to try out the bifrost 2/64 it’s at a price I don’t wanna blind buy…

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #136,253 of 151,186
As someone who has the Bifrost 2/64 and the Mojo2, they are very close. I think the Bifrost 2 is better but it is only by a little. I think that you get a little more depth to the soundstage and a slightly fuller sound. But I would not look at it as an upgrade, rather a sidegrade. Both are excellent, made by respected DAC designers that value time domain as critical in the conversion to analog. I use the Bifrost 2 in my headphone stack and the Mojo2 in my main 2 channel system. I occasional swap them around.

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #136,255 of 151,186
Since I'm still operating in the past... (only 84 pages behind!) Here's a link from the Washington Post's article on Ken Fritz' system:

$1 Million Stereo System

p.s. - IMHO it was only $1M because the labor was "free"...

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #136,256 of 151,186
As someone who has the Bifrost 2/64 and the Mojo2, they are very close. I think the Bifrost 2 is better but it is only by a little. I think that you get a little more depth to the soundstage and a slightly fuller sound. But I would not look at it as an upgrade, rather a sidegrade. Both are excellent, made by respected DAC designers that value time domain as critical in the conversion to analog. I use the Bifrost 2 in my headphone stack and the Mojo2 in my main 2 channel system. I occasional swap them around.
I’m not looking to replace the mojo2, I’m looking to upgrade the modius e. But your insight is helpful regardless, thank you

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #136,257 of 151,186
... So what do yall think, bifrost time or wait til gungnir2 ...
In the electronics world something better and less expensive is always coming.
So, wait until you cannot wait any longer (dead device, windfall, move, what-have-you).

While you wait, audio meets, audio shows and the Schittr or audio dealer can help you decide when to stop waiting.

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #136,258 of 151,186
I’m not looking to replace the mojo2, I’m looking to upgrade the modius e. But your insight is helpful regardless, thank you
I'm curious. Have you heard the MMB2? That's not crazy $$$ and might address your need...

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #136,259 of 151,186
In the electronics world something better and less expensive is always coming.
So, wait until you cannot wait any longer (dead device, windfall, move, what-have-you).

While you wait, audio meets, audio shows and the Schittr or audio dealer can help you decide when to stop waiting.
Good point. Idk when the next schittr in Texas will be. And I’m not sure which audio shows schiit will have a presence at. Either way I’ll keep checking. Thanks!

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #136,260 of 151,186
I'm curious. Have you heard the MMB2? That's not crazy $$$ and might address your need...
Haven’t heard it, was wanting to have a considerable upgrade over the modius e, I hadn’t heard that mmb2 was a major upgrade, but I can be wrong since I haven’t heard it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back