Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 14, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #136,231 of 151,208
Do those properties go hand in hand? I would have thought that transducers with good attack would also have good decay properties, since if you can quickly move a transducer to get the attack you should be able to stop it quickly to get precise echoey decay effects. Or is overhang here meant in a negative way, like a transducer not dampening quickly enough - unwanted reverb?
Yes, generally drivers with low inductance will have better transient response and higher slew rates, and in general also tend to respond better on signal decline and demonstrate less ringing or overhang. Most overhang due to reverb is actually a room effect or a psychoacoustic effect caused by reflections and echoes.

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #136,232 of 151,208
Jan 14, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #136,233 of 151,208
Personally, I think Schiit multibit DACs have umami. 🤣
wait, now. With the megacomboburrito filter, shouldn't it have capsaicin?

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #136,234 of 151,208
I was kicking that around last year and reached out to Eric at Tekton Deigns asking if I could upgrade to beryllium tweeters via self-install or whether speakers would need to go back for a x-over upgrade, as well. I got no response. I'll try again.
I have an audio question ... 😮

Anyone here have any experience with Aperion add-on super tweeters? They seem a bit intriguing and the planar ribbon version (their words, not mine) seem reasonably priced.

https://www.aperionaudio.com/collections/super-tweeter-speaker

Doh! Or I could just get a Lokius. :D

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #136,235 of 151,208
wait, now. With the megacomboburrito filter, shouldn't it have capsaicin?
Or at least be available with enchilada sauce.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #136,236 of 151,208
I think of the overhang of a FWD car, or a non-offroad car .... :)

Like this?

IMG_4949.jpeg

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #136,238 of 151,208
I just added my Magni Unity as a preamp to my Jot 2 and the sound has more “plankton” to it and much warmer too.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #136,239 of 151,208
You must keep up your image that you are diligently pursuing goals in retirement. at least, that is what I have been told.
If pursuing a nap is a credible goal, I'm gonna be good at this. 🤣

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #136,240 of 151,208
If pursuing a nap is a credible goal, I'm gonna be good at this. 🤣
That's my plan. I intend to aid in sleep research.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #136,243 of 151,208
My wife and I were there about the same time for two weeks. We planned to return but, alas, COVID hit.

We went to the Orkneys and the ocean was really rough. Puke buckets widely distributed for people to grab. Quite a few were hugging the old bucket and giving it a go.:darthsmile: The atmosphere was krillish for sure.

While on the north end the next evening we went to an arranged ceilidh. It was a home of a local guy who has played at festivals all over. So the music was good, drinks were good, a wild thyme was had with little plankton in the room.

Afterwards one of the neighbors brought their two kids, a boy and a girl to play the bagpipes. The girl was a bit better than her bigger brother, truth be told her pipes emitted less plankton.

Seriously though, it was very inspiring to be with locals even though it was a planned event. People who were visibly proud of their children. And took pride in welcoming all. It wasn't expensive at all so it couldn't have been about just making a buck. Even if the kids weren't the best pipers yet, they were learning and doing their best. It was a mutually uplifting experience for all. You can't fake that. Maybe a little more of that would be a good thing. :)

The Hebrides is inspiring. So is the peat on Islay!:tumbler_glass:

sláinte

Some great views of the western isles in a video by a band with a great backstory:

3 guys with day jobs (fisherman, electrician, delivery driver) in Stornaway who wanted play music well enough to play the local pub once a month for free beer. In a very short time they put out an album and did a sold out a tour of Scotland, including selling out the 1,950 seat Barrowlands Ballroom in Glasgow in minutes, and they were the main act for BBC Scotland's New Year's Eve ceilidh 3-4 years ago.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #136,245 of 151,208
deleted

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back