Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 13, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #136,156 of 152,605
OK, now I’m getting confused.

Is plankton good or bad?

And no, I’m not asking about Plankton on Sponge Bob. I already know about him.

I prefer anchovies. And pickled herring.

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:45 PM Post #136,159 of 152,605
Jan 14, 2024 at 12:02 AM Post #136,160 of 152,605
It's not a myth, but isn't a modern trade restriction.

There was a time, when only wine made in the Burgundy region of France, could be labeled Burgundy. Same for the wines in the other regions of France. The restriction only had teeth if one wanted to sell the wine in France.

This is the similar restriction on whisky/whiskey made in Kentucky, and other places. Tennessee respected Kentucky's name, (trademark) and called their whiskey "Tennessee whiskey", rather than Bourbon. Different distilling process, Tennessee filters their product through charcoal before filling the barrels, while Kentucky pours their product into new charred oak barrels.

Interesting that Japan makes some of the best Bourbons, Scotches, and whiskey's available.
I'm sorry, the American Bourbon Association doesn't agree with you. The name Bourbon might not even come from Bourbon county, but Bourbon Street in New Orleans.

https://www.americanbourbonassociation.com/myths

As to Burgundy, it is an Appellation d'origine contrôlée, controlled by the French government and the EU just the same as Champagne. Belgian customs recently destroyed a whole shipment of Miller's High Life as it was labeled as the 'Champagne of beers'. You want to ship it to Europe, you play by their rules.

And Japan indeed makes some excellent single malt and blended whiskies, but they are not Scotch. That needs to be distilled, bottled and aged for a minimum of 3 years in Scotland to be Scotch.

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #136,162 of 152,605
Plankton being exclusive for SBAF is DEBUNKED go watch Resolve's mentioning plankton on his Susvara's review

Plankton quality is REAL

Ridiculous 😜 I believe in Santa more than Plankton or Resolve...

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:41 AM Post #136,163 of 152,605
At this point in time yes.😉 I was up all night with a kidney stone issue and the pain pills did me in much of the day.
Not nice. Had one maybe 12 months ago. That's enough for the rest of my time.
Hope you're through it ok.

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:08 AM Post #136,167 of 152,605
At this point in time yes.😉 I was up all night with a kidney stone issue and the pain pills did me in much of the day.
Sorry to hear, I've had that experience way too many times.

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:32 AM Post #136,168 of 152,605
I'm sorry, the American Bourbon Association doesn't agree with you. The name Bourbon might not even come from Bourbon county, but Bourbon Street in New Orleans.

https://www.americanbourbonassociation.com/myths

As to Burgundy, it is an Appellation d'origine contrôlée, controlled by the French government and the EU just the same as Champagne. Belgian customs recently destroyed a whole shipment of Miller's High Life as it was labeled as the 'Champagne of beers'. You want to ship it to Europe, you play by their rules.

And Japan indeed makes some excellent single malt and blended whiskies, but they are not Scotch. That needs to be distilled, bottled and aged for a minimum of 3 years in Scotland to be Scotch.
Yeah, the Burgundy folks aren’t nearly as litigious as those in Champagne. Those folks are nuts, protective, and unafraid to destroy Miller high life (or E: All of the above).

Jan 14, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #136,169 of 152,605
It's not a myth, but isn't a modern trade restriction.

There was a time, when only wine made in the Burgundy region of France, could be labeled Burgundy. Same for the wines in the other regions of France. The restriction only had teeth if one wanted to sell the wine in France.

This is the similar restriction on whisky/whiskey made in Kentucky, and other places. Tennessee respected Kentucky's name, (trademark) and called their whiskey "Tennessee whiskey", rather than Bourbon. Different distilling process, Tennessee filters their product through charcoal before filling the barrels, while Kentucky pours their product into new charred oak barrels.

Interesting that Japan makes some of the best Bourbons, Scotches, and whiskey's available.
The Tennessee Whiskey process differs in specific ways that prohibit it from being called bourbon, not because Tennesse respects Kentucky. It simply cannot be called bourbon using their processes.

However, bourbon could be made in Tennessee if it adhered to all of the stipulations set forth in U.S. legislation.

I have never seen a bourbon from Japan and they could never call it that. They could call it American-style World Whiskey, I suppose. But they could never ever ever put 'Bourbon' anywhere on their label.

EDIT: This article is telling me I'm wrong. Digging into this a bit more...

EDIT 2: This article tells me more. I'm unlearning and relearning what I thought knew about Tennessee Whiskey, admittedly prior to Jack Daniel's excellent Single Barrel series was something I really never cared about.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #136,170 of 152,605
Sorry to hear, man..

Last year october my doctor told me he found a kidney-stone in my left kidney. After x-rays he told me they were going to try to destroy it using a lithotripter ( basically using soundwaves to crush the stone so that it can be peed-out..) Reading stories about how painful that can be I was glad I got a couple of pretty heavy painkillers. I took one before the treatment and never felt a thing. There was an itching sensation, but I didn't feel any pain.. That night I peed blood, as was predicted, next day everything was back to normal. Last week I had to check in to see if the stone was still there, and having felt nothing I was pretty sure they would have to operate to remove it.
To my surprise however the doctor told me everything worked out fine and the stone was gone.

Not sure what your treatment is going to be, but just to let you know it can sometimes be an easy process. Unfortunately, YMMV in this case as well.

Be well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back