Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 11, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #132,706 of 155,256
Don't know for sure. The web site isn't clear about that.
But if you are using it, it's easy enough for you to tell:
Does your Bifrost, Gungnir or Yggdrasil click between tracks of unequal sample rate? Then yes.
If not, then no.
I'll give that a try when I have an opportunity.

btw- Are you prognosticating a Bifrost in my future? I only have an Yggy and a Gumby. :smiley_cat:

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #132,707 of 155,256
Oh man, this is really having me considering a GS2 instead of going all out with the OG. Anyone have any idea how limited the GS2s are and when they are expected to disappear?
That depends on how many GS2 boards are lying around.

Both the OG and GS2 are limited because of the AD chips.

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #132,708 of 155,256
I currently use my Macbook pro for streaming purposes (no streaming services; music library stored on external SSD directly connected to my MBP; USB out from my MBP directly to my BF 2/64). I use an app called Colibri Lossless Music Player (on macOS App Store; a whopping $10USD). It has exclusive mode; does auto sample rate switching; bypasses macOS Core Audio; etc.

If you want a player that also acts as a music manager (think of it like macOS Music app), then ,maybe look at Audirvana. Colibri is a player only; add files to a playlist via Finder. It works for me, but there are times I look hard at Audirvana (for me, the "Origin" version as again I do not do streaming services).
Thanks for the information! I have not heard of this player before, Cog has the advantage of being freeware.

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #132,709 of 155,256
I wish mine would ship; I could use a little pick-me-up.
It may HAVE shipped. I haven't gotten any shipment notices lately from Schiit for anything I've ordered, including the Yggy. I just get notices from FedEx that they were going to deliver it. Mine was a Unison upgraded version so it was more involved than pulling it off the shelf.

And I am pretty sure when it DOES arrive, you are going to be pleased. It is a flipping wonderful DAC.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #132,710 of 155,256
It may HAVE shipped. I haven't gotten any shipment notices lately from Schiit for anything I've ordered, including the Yggy. I just get notices from FedEx that they were going to deliver it. Mine was a Unison upgraded version so it was more involved than pulling it off the shelf.

And I am pretty sure when it DOES arrive, you are going to be pleased. It is a flipping wonderful DAC.
You must be a Brit, only us Brits say flipping!

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #132,711 of 155,256
btw- Are you prognosticating a Bifrost in my future? I only have an Yggy and a Gumby. :smiley_cat:
I am doing no such thing.
Officially, anyway… ;p

I wish mine would ship; I could use a little pick-me-up.
Shipping notifications are not being sent from a schiit.com email address, but from support@intacct.com — so you might want to check your spam folder.
(This may or may not apply to orders shipped from Texas only, which your Yggdrasil wouldn't be, of course.)

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #132,714 of 155,256
Dec 11, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #132,715 of 155,256
How long have you had Xana?
Not a pet, an acquaintance. I respect her space, she's the same though we do get within a few inches of each other. She's 1 of 5 that are regulars although she has basically taken residence on the porch. She's probably 7 or 8 months old with a life expectancy in the wild around two years. I've been hangin' out with the 'wild ones' for years.

Dec 11, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #132,716 of 155,256
This is actually a fairly big risk with Roon IMO. If Qobuz goes away then you're stuck with Tidal which may or may not have the same albums available. I've not heard any rumors at all that Roon will incorporate an additional streaming service at any point in the future. It would be great if there were more options with Roon.
This is my 2nd biggest issue with Roon, as I was a multi Sonos device house for causal listening.

Needing this group to validate #1: syncing playback across endpoints must be on same transport, as in all via Chromecast for example? I only have a few days left on my eval, so not a guru user but it seemed that is a limit of when trying to group playback.

I know roon is a high end system, that I am willing to adapt for the big rig and my office and bedroom, but I am playing it cheap on wanting a whole house solution for the wife's parties. 😜

Dec 11, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #132,717 of 155,256
Just the Roon interface. (did you mean HQ Player?)
Yes, that's the name, thanks. I have been toying with the idea of trying it but so far have found no one other than fans on the Roon forum who have paid to enable it. I am happy using the Roon interface.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #132,718 of 155,256
Dec 11, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #132,719 of 155,256
How dare you toy with my emotions, FedEx!? You tell me my Yggy GS2 is in Dallas and set for Delivery on 12/11, then at 6PM on the day I stayed home to sign for the shipment you set the status to DELAYED/PENDING!! Damn you, FedEx!! Damn you to HADES!! 😡

😭

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #132,720 of 155,256
How dare you toy with my emotions, FedEx!? You tell me my Yggy GS2 is in Dallas and set for Delivery on 12/11, then at 6PM on the day I stayed home to sign for the shipment you set the status to DELAYED/PENDING!! Damn you, FedEx!! Damn you to HADES!! 😡

😭
I know your pain well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back