Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 7, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #132,288 of 155,123
We're not too big to help people out when they have issues. And we never will be.
I think this mindset for Schiit, regardless of growth, is a huge reason why people like myself and others are big fans of your products. Like yeah, the products work and they sound great yadda yadda yadda, but at least from my perspective, giving a **** about your customers keeps them for the long term, and I think Schiit wouldn't be where it is today without the mindet you and your team have for helping people out when there are issues.

I was in an audio/hifi discord the other day and someone linked a reddit post about an issue with a magni heresy essentially dying on them catastrophically, and my first thought was that weeeeelll yall make a *TON* of magnis, and because of that, even with a failure rate that was like 2-5% or so, the actual number could seem big just because of the scale yall move those entry level products. And I also know that regardless of your failure rates for a magni heresy (pre magni+ generation), if you didn't take care of the customers on that, y'all probably wouldn't have such loyal customers anymore. IDK, just something I was thinking about earlier.

Dec 7, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #132,289 of 155,123
To be clear, I don't care if you post pictures of other products, or if you say you like something else. Hell, we invite people to bring other gear to our sponsored Schiitmeets, so they can compare them! But if you're doing something that seems like shilling for an alternate product or design approach, yeah, I'll remind you that this is Jason's Bar, and, if you really like Joe's Pub so much better, best to head over there.

We still do. All the time. Hell, 12 hours off the plane in from Texas, in the middle of literally 4 product crises that are 100% my responsibility (first article problems, production issues, bizarre test results, maybe some bad parts,) I had a talk with staff yesterday and made it clear they need to allocate some silver metal for top swaps, and to figure out a procedure for it. I even had to battle red tape at a standards body so we could become a signatory. Seriously, you don't want my yesterday. And I still need to get to the boards for 3 new products that were delivered yesterday, as well as plans and designs for a really exciting future.

We're not too big to help people out when they have issues. And we never will be.

Jason, what do you mean by "Top swaps"?

If I wanted to order just a black top for a Freya+, is that an option?

Dec 7, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #132,290 of 155,123
I think this mindset for Schiit, regardless of growth, is a huge reason why people like myself and others are big fans of your products. Like yeah, the products work and they sound great yadda yadda yadda, but at least from my perspective, giving a **** about your customers keeps them for the long term, and I think Schiit wouldn't be where it is today without the mindet you and your team have for helping people out when there are issues.

I was in an audio/hifi discord the other day and someone linked a reddit post about an issue with a magni heresy essentially dying on them catastrophically, and my first thought was that weeeeelll yall make a *TON* of magnis, and because of that, even with a failure rate that was like 2-5% or so, the actual number could seem big just because of the scale yall move those entry level products. And I also know that regardless of your failure rates for a magni heresy (pre magni+ generation), if you didn't take care of the customers on that, y'all probably wouldn't have such loyal customers anymore. IDK, just something I was thinking about earlier.
Questions need answers, request need response, and Jason never ignore us. :L3000::thumbsup:

Dec 7, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #132,292 of 155,123
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 7, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #132,293 of 155,123
It just occurred to me that I have spent $8020 on new Schiit, $335 on used Schiit, and $150 on Nitsch. And there is still more Schiit to get!

I am a proud Schiitizen!

I don’t think I’ve spent anywhere near that much on any other brand except maybe GR Research.

Edit: I’m still a little surprised by that number! I thought this Schiit was supposed to be cheap! 🤪

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #132,295 of 155,123
It just occurred to me that I have spent $8020 on new Schiit, $335 on used Schiit, and $150 on Nitsch. And there is still more Schiit to get!

I am a proud Schiitizen!

I don’t think I’ve spent anywhere near that much on any other brand except maybe GR Research.
I am a about one year old Schiitizen.... a happy one :)

Enjoy the Schiity music ~~~

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #132,296 of 155,123
FYI, a couple years ago I got an estimate to powder coat my silver Yggdrasil case flat black to sit more unobtrusively in my HT rack. If I took the case apart and brought in just the parts needing color, prep labor, masking and powder coat would be about $250. I never did it (because I'm lazy) but it seemed reasonable and doable. If you want colors other than white or black, the cost was a frew dollars more per square foot. So if you want a black piece of Schiit to be orange, it's entirely possible.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #132,297 of 155,123
Probably. It doesn't hurt to ask.
Love the sound of Modi Multibit 2 with only an RK27 attenuator in between the Vidar 2, suggest to put a volume control with the MMB2+ ~

Edit:

Or SYS+ with RK27 and more input selection, say 4?

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #132,298 of 155,123
I am a about one year old Schiitizen.... a happy one :)

Enjoy the Schiity music ~~~
You're one year old? You're gonna totally screw up the average age demographic here. ACP may want to reconsider participation. 🤣

Dec 7, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #132,299 of 155,123
FYI, a couple years ago I got an estimate to powder coat my silver Yggdrasil case flat black to sit more unobtrusively in my HT rack. If I took the case apart and brought in just the parts needing color, prep labor, masking and powder coat would be about $250. I never did it (because I'm lazy) but it seemed reasonable and doable. If you want colors other than clear or black, the cost was a frew dollars more per square foot. So if you want a black piece of Schiit to be orange, it's entirely possible.
Car paint can stand for more than 100 degress C, will it work as well? then we can have many choice of colors.

Dec 7, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #132,300 of 155,123
You're one year old? You're gonna totally screw up the average age demographic here. ACP may want to reconsider participation. 🤣
Schiit age is one, own age is 63.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back