Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 5, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #132,152 of 155,041
Is it wrong to keep hitting refresh on my email waiting for a Yggy GS2 shipping notice 1 business day into a 3-5 business day shipping time? 🤔

Nah! 😄
No. But it is an indisputable sign that you are a Schiitizen, with all the benefits (fantastic sound and great company) and suffering (less-than-hyper-instant delivery times) that comes with it. You have my full sympathies.

Dec 5, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #132,153 of 155,041
BTW - I only ordered the Yggy GS2 after giving up on the free Gungnir I thought I'd get. 😒

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #132,156 of 155,041
So I was doing some organizing last weekend and noticed a little dust on poor Vali 2 (OG) sitting there without any love due to Folkvangr getting all the attention of late. And as I was putting some Fotons back in their boxes, the thought struck me that even after all this time I'd never tried one in the Vali. Spent many an enjoyable evening with a Foton in the Lyr 3 and Incubus amps, but holy cow....never in the Vali? Mental faculties certainly decline with age, I suppose. So in goes a '51 ribbed plate Foton 6N8S, and guess what? Awesome combo! Loads of PRaT, plankton pouring out of the pores, and so musical it sounds like I just cleaned the window with both amp and tube punching well above their weight. 🤣

Seriously, a budget friendly amp AND (NOS) tube that are musical foot tappin' goosebump inducing really good together!

Vali and Foton.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #132,157 of 155,041
So I was doing some organizing last weekend and noticed a little dust on poor Vali 2 (OG) sitting there without any love due to Folkvangr getting all the attention of late. And as I was putting some Fotons back in their boxes, the thought struck me that even after all this time I'd never tried one in the Vali. Spent many an enjoyable evening with a Foton in the Lyr 3 and Incubus amps, but holy cow....never in the Vali? Mental faculties certainly decline with age, I suppose. So in goes a '51 ribbed plate Foton 6N8S, and guess what? Awesome combo! Loads of PRaT, plankton pouring out of the pores, and so musical it sounds like I just cleaned the window with both amp and tube punching well above their weight. 🤣

Seriously, a budget friendly amp AND (NOS) tube that are musical foot tappin' goosebump inducing really good together!

Vali and Foton.jpg
Where the tube costs more than the amp!

Dec 5, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #132,158 of 155,041
I call it "Google-knowledge." Someone on a forum uses Google and finds a plethora of information about some topic, then spams the threads with it as if it's the Most Amazing Thing (tm) and "Everyone Else Is Wrong". I'm not saying with certainty that is what is happening on this thread necessarily, but it certainly smells like it sometimes.
Jason could easily write multiple chapters on the wannabees, the naysayers and 'mine is bigger/better than yours'. The trolls will always exist, always trying to pick a fight, start a firestorm. Have you noticed some 'new' poster/imposter tries to proclaim we should stick to the hardline of this thread while ignoring the page/post count. Some people are determined to not have fun and to influence others to join in discontent. How dare an official thread from a company unbelievably named Schiit contain posts on cats, cardboard, bbq, airplanes, etc. And when proper Schiitfaced equipment is mentioned...well guess what I got that does a,b,c better. Is it FOMO? Is it because they paid $$$$ and got $ in quality from Company X, Y Z and Schiit delivers products that cost $ and $$ and $$$ and punch way, way above their pay grade. Jason and Mike have been in the game since last century. I would love to read a chapter on what 'real schiit' they've been through. As for us, the trolls will keep on trolling...Listen to the music, literally and figuratively. Schiit happens.

Dec 5, 2023 at 11:29 PM Post #132,159 of 155,041
I always say, as a guy from a country where avrg wine can be used as vinagre, this: Very easy to find a bad wine in France, easy to find in Spain too but in Portugal it is quite hard to find a bad wine.
True story from 50 years ago: The father of a (sadly departed) friend of mine worked for a wine producers coop near Mafra. Referring to well-known cheap export wines (you know them, weird bottles) he'd say "pode-se fazer vinho de tudo, mesmo uvas" (translating) "you can make wine from anything, even grapes." Back then we kept the good stuff at home. But now I can find good Douro, Dão, and Alentejo reds, and Alvarinhos from Minho, at my favored wine store in the Bay Area.

Dec 5, 2023 at 11:34 PM Post #132,160 of 155,041
Of course, there is one thing we in Europe should be thankful of to the Americans.
If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have any wine in Europe anymore. Not a drop.
That's correct. All European grapevine varieties would have died out from Phylloxera if they hadn't been grafted into American grapevine root stock.

Dec 5, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #132,162 of 155,041
I was half-thinking that Amazon was offering coupons in different amounts to different people. They have done shenanigans like that in the past.
No, 9 is close to 0 and my mind wanders..... the coupon was $99 in error but the final price was correct at $1299. And it is silver and a hell of a deal. I'll wander off now.... no doubt I'm crazier than I let on......

Dec 5, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #132,163 of 155,041
Dec 5, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #132,164 of 155,041
Anyone kidnapping a cat is despicable and belongs in the same subhuman classification as serial killers, drug dealers, and telemarketers. Your tube ownership privileges are hereby revoked, and you must send all your tubes to me for disposition. Yes, all three of them. I'll expect a tracking number by the close of business tomorrow. :rage:
What he said…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back