Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 5, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #132,136 of 152,639
Maggie's might be one of the hardest-to-own speakers in existence according to all the stories I've read. Amp pairing is a challenge, they need to be way out into the room, and their spouse acceptance factor has got to be nigh on impossible for many people. A great ugly screen of black fabric stuck right out in the living room? Not a chance!

But it seems they sound amazing when gotten right and that appears to make it worth the hassle for many people. It's never been something that has attracted me, though.

I own LRSs and while I've likely never had them setup to perfection, the listening experience is quite nice.

Amp pairing hasn't been that difficult, but I own a Vidar 1 and a Rag 2. Both pushed the LRSs to nice levels. Not for rocking out though. While my Schiit gear has pushed the LRSs hard and loud, extended listening at very high spl levels triggers thermal protection.

Speaking of Rag 2, talk about a great piece of kit!

1299 on Amazon for silver in just an amp configuration is quite the steal of a deal!

Dec 5, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #132,138 of 152,639
Speaking of Sol, to celebrate my winning streak at the tables I got a tree and broke out Charlie Brown Christmas with Vince Guaraldi which is pretty well recorded actually and a slightly different take on the charlie brown theme and some other classics from the holidays. Good stuff!

Dec 5, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #132,139 of 152,639
Maggie's ... A great ugly screen of black fabric stuck right out in the living room? ...
The SAF isn't too bad, IME. Since the smaller Maggies weigh less than a mini poodle one can more them in and out easily. Or use them as room dividers.

I'll always remember a drunk graduate student studying my SMGIIIa's trying to figure out where the music was coming from....

Dec 5, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #132,140 of 152,639
Is this a cover? If it is can we find the best one to use as one of our thread's theme song? If it isn't, can it be our theme song?

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #132,141 of 152,639
Speaking of Sol, to celebrate my winning streak at the tables I got a tree and broke out Charlie Brown Christmas with Vince Guaraldi which is pretty well recorded actually and a slightly different take on the charlie brown theme and some other classics from the holidays. Good stuff!
I just bought the cd version for my mom as she’s currently doing the Peanuts Gang xmas puzzle. It is a great album in any format. Brings back many memories of my youth many decades ago.

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #132,142 of 152,639

I just bought the cd version for my mom as she’s currently doing the Peanuts Gang xmas puzzle. It is a great album in any format. Brings back many memories of my youth many decades ago.
See if you can find Peanuts Portraits. It has some titles ubiquitous in the Peanuts albums, but also three I didn't have before: "Joe Cool", "The Masked Marvel" and "Little Birdie". The last is from the Peanuts Thanksgiving special. My kids and I love that song. I don't know which special(s) the other two songs are from, but they are big fun.

I heard Vince Guarldi's rendition of "Mr. Lucky" this afternoon. Almost started dancing, except nobody calls whatever I do dancing.

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #132,143 of 152,639
I have nothing to do with this. Obviously my account has been hacked for the purpose of perpetrating this crime. :unamused:

1701726017214.png
Anyone kidnapping a cat is despicable and belongs in the same subhuman classification as serial killers, drug dealers, and telemarketers. Your tube ownership privileges are hereby revoked, and you must send all your tubes to me for disposition. Yes, all three of them. I'll expect a tracking number by the close of business tomorrow. :rage:

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #132,144 of 152,639
I didn't catnap anyone's cat. I'm allergic to cats and could not possibly have taken that large hairy monstrosity without having collapsed gasping for air and therefore unable to make a clean getaway (unless I had a HEPA cat bag and an N95 mask leftover from 2020). 😫

As I stated previously my account was hacked. Even if I was the cat-napper it has proven fruitless as I've not gotten any shipping confirmation from ACP.

(He's such a liar - stating that he would give his gear before his cat. Not that it would matter since I didn't take his cat.) 😒

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #132,145 of 152,639
I didn't catnap anyone's cat. I'm allergic to cats and could not possibly have taken that large hairy monstrosity without having collapsed gasping for air therefore unable to make a clean getaway. 😫

As I stated previously my account was hacked. Even if I had, it has proven fruitless as I've not gotten any shipping confirmation from ACP anyway. He's such a liar - stating that he would give his gear before his cat. Not the it would matter since I didn't take it. 😒
After disparaging ACP's gorgeous feline like that, you may want to be very careful opening any package you might get from him. Perhaps you should ask Santa for one of these:

1701830508379.png

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #132,146 of 152,639
I already have a robotic cat-napping device. Wait! No, I mean, why would anyone need such a contraption? 😮

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #132,147 of 152,639
I didn't catnap anyone's cat. I'm allergic to cats and could not possibly have taken that large hairy monstrosity without having collapsed gasping for air therefore unable to make a clean getaway. 😫
Your so-called alibi doesn't hold water, sir. My cat is a pure-bread Siberian. They are (supposedly) hypoallergenic.
(Yes, I prefer my tubes AND my cats to be of Russian origin.)

As I stated previously my account was hacked. Even if I had, it has proven fruitless as I've not gotten any shipping confirmation from ACP anyway. He's such a liar - stating that he would give his gear before his cat. Not the it would matter since I didn't take his cat. 😒
We don't negotiate with cat-nappers.

IMG_4251.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #132,148 of 152,639
Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #132,149 of 152,639
The SAF isn't too bad, IME. Since the smaller Maggies weigh less than a mini poodle one can more them in and out easily. Or use them as room dividers.

I'll always remember a drunk graduate student studying my SMGIIIa's trying to figure out where the music was coming from....
I can imagine those being quite the ice breaker / conversation starter whenever one is having people over! 😆

Dec 5, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #132,150 of 152,639
Is it wrong to keep hitting refresh on my email waiting for a Yggy GS2 shipping notice 1 business day into a 3-5 business day shipping time? 🤔

Nah! 😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back