Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 11, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #13,051 of 150,401
Next chapter (after the preamp chapter tomorrow): Why You Can't Always Get What You Want.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 11, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #13,052 of 150,401
Next chapter (after the preamp chapter tomorrow): Why You Can't Always Get What You Want.

But if you try sometimes you might find you get what you need?

(Except for a balance control
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Oct 11, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #13,055 of 150,401

Heh. I speak from experience -- I am an (ageing) hipster and a turntable owner. And currently applying for my geezer ID card. My cassette player still gets occasional use, so I am in fact that guy in the corner. I'm not intending to be insulting, unless describing what I see in the mirror is doing so. 

I'm old enough that I can proudly be the odd guy in the corner, so no real offense taken here.  I just wish I'd have been comfortable being that odd guy when I was younger...

Oct 11, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #13,056 of 150,401
I've qualified for the senior discount at Cinemark for a few years now, but I don't yet consider myself a geezer.  Just approaching maturity, most likely.  Oh, and all-digital sources for me.

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #13,058 of 150,401
  How many people do you know outside of audiophile circles that have dedicated DACS or even know what a DAC is? We are all the odd Guy in the Corner
L3000.gif

Well, you can always break the mold and buy some Schiit for a friend's birthday.

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #13,061 of 150,401

Most likely, when opening the gift, your friend will say: "What's this schiit?!!!!!!!"

Yeah, the average joe doesn't care about DAC, HT bypass and such silly stuff
biggrin.gif

Yeah, they're much smarter than we are. 
wink.gif

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #13,064 of 150,401
  Without a doubt, unless they're into exotic cars.

Or muscle cars, or cigars, or cameras....LOL...There is no end to the ways to spend copious amounts of your money. 

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #13,065 of 150,401

I've qualified for the senior discount at Cinemark for a few years now, but I don't yet consider myself a geezer.  Just approaching maturity, most likely.  Oh, and all-digital sources for me.

So, you're past the wax-cylinder phase, then?  :D

I was rooting around in a long neglected cabinet the other day, and came across a bunch of old reel to reel tapes… I suspect I probably still have a reel to reel player in a different cabinet somewhere. I never got into wax cylinders... though I do have a friend with a player piano. And I still regret missing out on the whole Elcaset fad… :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back