Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 10, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #13,036 of 149,163
I just looked at the $1 Emotiva Balanced Pre. It seems it does not have fixed a output either. A quick Look at Audio advisor and no Balanced Pre amp under $1k and their is one se tube hybrid that is 2x the price of the saga. On music Direct the cheapest Balanced Pre amp is $5k and a passive pre that is $899. I am sure you may be able to find some pre amps in the respective price points that has a fixed output but what are you sacrificing?

I have been following this thread from its early days, I suspect any response garnered from the Schiit team on the lack of the fixed output will be along the lines of there are probably other companies that make what you like.

As mentioned before  I think a passive only version of each amp would be a very nice addition to the lineup with out the extra electronics in there adding a fixed output may be possible and it would be perfect for HP Gear. The Raggy Volume control and the Remote must stay though.

Oct 10, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #13,038 of 149,163
So the amps, even in mono, are single ended and not balanced, right?

I wonder why they made a balanced pre-amp if you just combine back to non-differential signal in the amp. Or am I missing something?

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #13,039 of 149,163
If they are mono they must be balanced as they aren't sharing a ground, unless I am missing something.

(Bunch of headphone guys trying to figure out 2 channel).

Oct 11, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #13,041 of 149,163
So many insults, lol ... what if I'm a hipster AND a geezer standing in the corner....  
Hilarious, because my 3 sources are a PC, a tape deck, and a turntable (PC for all digital media, the other two for my old/new analog formats).  In my current setup, a 3 input sys is really what I want.

Heh. I speak from experience -- I am an (ageing) hipster and a turntable owner. And currently applying for my geezer ID card. My cassette player still gets occasional use, so I am in fact that guy in the corner. I'm not intending to be insulting, unless describing what I see in the mirror is doing so. 

Oct 11, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #13,042 of 149,163
If one were to buy 2 Vitars (one for each speaker) and control them with a preamp, would the system be balanced? I'm a headphone guy, so excuse me if this is common audio knowledge.

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #13,045 of 149,163
  If one were to buy 2 Vitars (one for each speaker) and control them with a preamp, would the system be balanced? I'm a headphone guy, so excuse me if this is common audio knowledge.

From The Info That is out there, That is what it seems like. You would need a Freya as the Saga is Single Ended Only. Jason mentioned a new chapter shortly, hopefully there is some clarification on the details of Each

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #13,046 of 149,163

From The Info That is out there, That is what it seems like. You would need a Freya as the Saga is Single Ended Only. Jason mentioned a new chapter shortly, hopefully there is some clarification on the details of Each

He'll probably be a few days getting over his 51st birthday celebrations.....   
beerchug.gif

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #13,047 of 149,163
Oct 11, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #13,049 of 149,163
  He'll probably be a few days getting over his 51st birthday celebrations.....   
beerchug.gif

I am sure after B-day and RMAF and then Ramping up for the Preamp Sales the whole team will be plenty busy.

I just looked at the $1 Emotiva Balanced Pre. It seems it does not have fixed a output either.
---–
It does have a "processor" output though. Depending on where in the signal path they put it that could function as a fixed output.

Ray

Possibly, I did not do any deep digging, my point was Freya is hundreds less and has a Passive option as well as JFET Buffer and Tube Gain Option. One Preamp Can Take the Place Of Three Separate ones.  Oh yeah and Raggy like Volume control and a remote. Like the Jot Release. People where not to happy about why they did not make the DAC Multi bit How could the company that talks about how good MB is not make this multibit blah blah blah. I don't have a place for the Jot but for what it is, at it's price its a pretty sweet little deal Being Balanced and having crazy Power. The add on card was almost a bonus that you could take or leave. When they hit the wild the reviews of most people was it hit well above its price class.

I plan on getting the Freya Because right now I use a Valhalla 2 as a Tube Pre and was waiting for the schiit pre so I could have an option for tube or not. I was not expecting this.  I have to come to terms with the Valhalla 2 Being displaced But, One Pre doing triple duty, for someone who has lived a lot in the 2 Channel world at this price from a reputable company this is F'in awesome. These pre's were Slated for 2 Channel and from the info we have so far they are delivering way more than just a typical pre. I Sympathize with those wanting a pass through but lets not distract fro the fact that this is a Ninja Like assault on the High dollar 2 Channel world where the cost of a Pre Amp can easily buy A Yggdrasil, A Ragnarok and leave enough money for some very nice cables to hook it all up. Climbing Off My Pedestal now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back