Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 1, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #129,751 of 151,950
Is there likely to be any sort of comparison either via blind testing at the Schiitr (as per the LIMvsOGvsMIL) or units sent out to testers/reviewers of the new MIB?

Problem is for those not in the US return/exchange is costly so to have a decent idea of the basic character is kind of essential.

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #129,752 of 151,950
To me, but not to everyone, you need a Personality * Consistency in there.

If I had to pick a main reason that I buy and recommend Schiit then it is Schiit Happened. The fact that &i get some insight into the thoughts, goals and approaches used by the designers to create these products. This helps me decide if the products are right for me: if they are aligned with my wants and values.

I don't want unnecessary cost and complication. I enjoy a beautiful mathematical or technical solution. I want things that have longevity and repairability. These are values that make it so that with most companies I have no idea whether I want their products or not, but with Schiit, I can read these chapters and find out!

For me it was the name. At first. I mean the balls to name your company Schiit!
I see a lot of people being put off by the name but they’re clearly idiots who can’t take a joke.
The FAQs on each product had me rolling! And Schiit like this:
IMG_4671.jpeg
😆😆😆

Eventually I found this forum… again. I created my profile a long time ago. Can’t even remember what for. I read Jason’s chapters. Watched interviews with him and Mike. I remembered Mike’s name from his old brands. They sold me with their utter lack of bull schiit. Also Modi Multibit blew me away. Also, made in the USA!
What’s not to like?

Oh yeah, some of you guys here are pretty cool.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #129,753 of 151,950
It's because when we get comments like "yeah, just make an ultimate Yggy super expensive because that's all people care about anyway is the price tag," we say, "Yeah, we know that would work for a certain part of the market, but we're not opportunistic assholes."

And, because when we get comments about "120.1 vs 118 vs 123.4 and 108.5 and 95.2," we call it "One Number to Rule Them." Because that's what it is.

Also, it's not just branding. You'll see.
How soon will the new Ti chip make it to a new Bifrost board?

I really miss spending $300 a year on a new upgrade card. :wink:

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #129,755 of 151,950
I should make an account. All my content is incredibly meaningful and relevant, as demonstrated by this very post.
Comments like these will get you banned after 5. Only way to get banned quicker is to wax lyrical about class D amplification. ;-D

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #129,756 of 151,950
... It is the consistency of Schiit's product line, and it is the consistency with which Schiit operates. And yes, that also includes that certain things are consistently inconsistent. ..
The consistency brings me back, over and over. I know, pre-purchase, what I'm going to get. And I trust Mike and Jason's ears. (and no dealer BS, stand behind your products, people!)

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #129,757 of 151,950
Comments like these will get you banned after 5. Only way to get banned quicker is to wax lyrical about class D amplification. ;-D
Banned: pfft! ….. ridiculed: ✅🤣😂🤪

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #129,758 of 151,950
Banned: pfft! ….. ridiculed: ✅🤣😂🤪
Y'all have nerdy friends with no sense of humor? Other forum.
Y'all have somewhat-less nerdy friends with a great sense of humor to have a pint with? This forum.

Helps to have a bartender like @Jason Stoddard serving the drinks....

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #129,759 of 151,950
Is it possible to see the broken bits of cartilage on X-ray or MRI?
Sometimes, but not always. Yes on tear #1 (right knee) and #3 (left knee) but not #2 (left knee).
Edit: the reason I ask is - thanks, to all, for the torn meniscus discussion and ideas. It must be internet telepathy or something, but this AM my wife goes to her orthopedic surgeon to have her knee x-ray and MRI results evaluated. I copied out the main points, but as she's 64, I decided to keep the "most orthopedic doctors give up on patients older than 45" comment to myself. :)
I'd not leave that part out. I also have lower back issues as well, from having a shorter right leg, and I was basically sent to pasture by a doc in my early 40s. If I hadn't fought back, I'd be a ballooning couch potato with little mobility like multiple relatives. I had to fight for surgery #2 (mid-50s), to the point of calling the doc's office from abroad to argue that I was pretty much unable to move and fly back home thanks to the pain from a swollen knee that they had asked me to manage with PT (heh!) Won that one, and the craziest part is that the doc then showed me the pics from the arthroscopic surgery, with very evident pre-post differences (a big thread of torn cartilage had been snipped), and told me that I'd be ready for any adventure in just 4 weeks, no PT needed. Geez, that's why you had made me suffer for 9 months before you agreed to operate?

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:57 PM Post #129,760 of 151,950
Y'all have nerdy friends with no sense of humor? Other forum.
Y'all have somewhat-less nerdy friends with a great sense of humor to have a pint with? This forum.

Helps to have a bartender like @Jason Stoddard serving the drinks....
… as long as the bartender exhibits CONTINUITYTM in his 9-ounce pours 🤪.

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #129,761 of 151,950
And, because when we get comments about "120.1 vs 118 vs 123.4 and 108.5 and 95.2," we call it "One Number to Rule Them." Because that's what it is.

Also, it's not just branding. You'll see.
First thing I thought after reading those numbers (because of the last two in the sequence) was: “FM Tuner…”

I also value honesty. And that’s something we get from Schiit.

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #129,762 of 151,950
the ortho doc said repairing the tear won't really help her all that much
Not a doc, but as a long-term experiencer of knee issues, I raise an eyebrow. I understand that orthos also consider surgery risk (it's not zero, given multiple factors including anesthesia) but it really amounts to how active the patient wants/needs to be. I know my answer, I'll not retire my ski boots before my body totally falls apart.

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #129,763 of 151,950
Woohooo!!! The Texas Rangers are World Series Champs!!! :baseball:🧢:trophy:

** It only took 63 years. :D

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #129,764 of 151,950

Just sing praises about Jeff Rowland 125 Class D amp and let's see what happens :stuck_out_tongue:

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:49 PM Post #129,765 of 151,950
… as long as the bartender exhibits CONTINUITYTM in his 9-ounce pours 🤪.
First thing I learnt in Bartending School (St. Paul, MN - headed back there to finish in two weeks) was continuity (without the TM) is paramount to keep customers coming back. That applies darn near everywhere.

Bartending, kinda like Schiit, is for fun, and I’m having the time of my life with both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back