Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 9, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #127,996 of 154,600
Worth it. So worth it. It could have double the front switches and require nuclear-launch dual power switches flipped in sync, and I still wouldn't care.

Now to decide whether it's worth it to flip my power stage from Vidars to Aegirs, now that I have a signal portion capable of using it. Any thoughts from anyone?
Where did you get those spacers between your toys?

Oct 9, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #127,997 of 154,600
Where did you get those spacers between your toys?
I'm pretty sure those are anti-vibration pads, usually for air conditioning systems. You can get them for cheap-ish on Amazon. But a word of warning, they tend to reek of vulcanized rubber (i.e. sulphur, mostly) for at least a few months.

Oct 9, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #127,998 of 154,600
That is pretty crazy to me, I'm 27 and listened to FM radio far past the age of 5. Has she never been in a vehicle before? Must be a weird circumstance. Seems strange to be so out of touch lol.

Everything is from her phone into an aux jack in the vehicle. Seems she's never not had a music source on her since she got interested in tunes. I guess if you're young enough you've had either an iPod or an iPhone most of your life. She never needed radio.

Oct 9, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #128,000 of 154,600
I see that you managed to squeeze a self portrait into there too!
Well done!
I noticed that as well. Here are a couple of my favorite 6922 equivalents, also Russian. Reflektor silver shields, 75’s are in use but here are some 1974’s. 4707736F-E611-40DE-84E4-B2ECCBCD297C.jpeg

Oct 9, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #128,001 of 154,600
I'm pretty sure those are anti-vibration pads, usually for air conditioning systems. You can get them for cheap-ish on Amazon. But a word of warning, they tend to reek of vulcanized rubber (i.e. sulphur, mostly) for at least a few months.
Thanks for the warning! I did just find them on Amazon. Looking to find something a little more stable for the MJ3 and FV to sit on. I made some 1" standoffs out of 1" diameter Delrin rod which work, but are a little wobbly. I set up a new listening station by the Barcalounger for both of these space heaters and would rather not have them crash into each other or the other equipment during a middle-of-the-night comfy listening session when listening-enjoyment-fluids have been consumed.

Oct 9, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #128,002 of 154,600
But if you like your cork floor you wont want to remove it !! But you are right its an utter git to shift !!!

My cork floor was snap together tiles. Easy to install, easy to repair, and if I had wanted to, easy to remove.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #128,003 of 154,600
I see that you managed to squeeze a self portrait into there too!
Well done!
Well, considering that you're looking at my visage every time you read one of my posts (i.e. my avatar, which is an actual photo of me, albeit one that's a few years old by this point), I thought why bother with obfuscating the reflection in the tube… 😜

Oct 9, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #128,004 of 154,600
Everything is from her phone into an aux jack in the vehicle. Seems she's never not had a music source on her since she got interested in tunes. I guess if you're young enough you've had either an iPod or an iPhone most of your life. **She never needed radio**

** That reminds me of the following:

Years ago in downtown Pittsburgh, a fellow (rumored to be a snapped-out Rockwell engineer) walked about wearing a sandwich board which read “did you know that 90% of THE people can hear a radio when it’s off?”

Oct 9, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #128,005 of 154,600
Well, considering that you're looking at my visage every time you read one of my posts (i.e. my avatar, which is an actual photo of me, albeit one that's a few years old by this point), I thought why bother with obfuscating the reflection in the tube… 😜
… new post name: PhilamentPhilosopher ? 🤣

Oct 9, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #128,008 of 154,600
Thanks for the warning! I did just find them on Amazon. Looking to find something a little more stable for the MJ3 and FV to sit on. I made some 1" standoffs out of 1" diameter Delrin rod which work, but are a little wobbly. I set up a new listening station by the Barcalounger for both of these space heaters and would rather not have them crash into each other or the other equipment during a middle-of-the-night comfy listening session when listening-enjoyment-fluids have been consumed.
Check these out, used them since 2016, no odor, firm blocks or soft ones, and a variety of other types for various application. Never left any marring on any of my gear top plates. I would suspect the Tenderfoot or Hi-End Booster Base will do the job. I give them my highest recommendation.
https://herbiesaudiolab.com/

Oct 9, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #128,009 of 154,600
I think I just need to stay away from this forum while at work..... My co-worker, yet again saw this.......
1696878599101.png
… as with toddlers, #2 is always worse than #1 … 😯🤣🤪

Oct 9, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #128,010 of 154,600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back