Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 17, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #12,751 of 150,084
I just had a horrible thought..... 
blink.gif

What if the [REDACTED] doesn'y play well with my YGGY...    
basshead.gif

Sep 17, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #12,752 of 150,084

It's not just for marketing. If you knew me, you'd know it's just who I am. 

Mike says that you are both thrifty, but I think it is more that you understand, at least on an instinctual level, the concept of Lobha or Raga(not the musical kind, Pronounced Raega, not Raaga). It is historically applied to gluttony for food, but it really applies to inappropriate desire for anything, including money or material objects.

The audio upgrade treadmill is a prime example of this. My wife says audio equipment is my one vice. She is right, money does not concern me as long as the bills are paid and there is cushion in the bank, but I constantly have to look at myself from the outside to try to dispassionately see of my hobby is warping my psyche, and have had to reel myself in on more than one occasion.

Here is to keeping things in perspective! Here is to Family and Friends!

Sep 17, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #12,753 of 150,084
Now for something completely different: just came across this for your Norse-inflected listening pleasure. Written by the very interesting Ada Palmer: Renaissance scholar, scifi writer, and Norse-inspired vocal music writer.

Sep 19, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #12,754 of 150,084
To be clear, constructive feedback is encouraged. I hear you on the rubber feet, which are currently being designed out of everything, and being replaced with push-in feet. And everything (well, except one product) will get 4 feet.

I also hear you on the LEDs, the problem is (as I have explained before), I can do very little about it. LEDs are super-bright these days. They also exhibit an annoying problem that, if run below a certain current, some of them simply don't light up. Sorry, I can't have staff pulling 10% of LEDs out of every product on the line so we can run them a bit dimmer. Perhaps we can have some neutral density plastic LEDs made--we're getting big enough--which I will look into.

And, I hear you on Jotunheim. Though I do think Pivot Point is going to be a game-changer. At least in our line. As will modularity, when applied beyond DACs. 

Since I already have a killer DAC (Bimby), what sorts of things can I add with that slot? Stay tuned?

Sep 19, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #12,755 of 150,084
You can take the boy out of the working class, but you can't take the working class out of the boy. It sort of explains why so many gifted entrepreneurs raise children who can't follow. The value-spectrum of the kids is skewed by the luxury.

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #12,757 of 150,084
  Crap, you guys keep this up and Schiit will have to make a keyboard.

Wow, a keyboard with a styling metal case, white LED backlight that makes sunglasses while typing required, stick-on rubber press-fit feet, and a power switch on the back!  I have only one question before I pre-order ... Will I be able to try different tubes?!? 
biggrin.gif

Walk away from the keyboard ... Do not reach for Photoshop ...

Sep 19, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #12,762 of 150,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD 

Crap, you guys keep this up and Schiit will have to make a keyboard.

Wow, a keyboard with a styling metal case, white LED backlight that makes sunglasses while typing required, stick-on rubber press-fit feet, and a power switch on the back!  I have only one question before I pre-order ... Will I be able to try different tubes?!? 
biggrin.gif

Walk away from the keyboard ... Do not reach for Photoshop ...

This will introduce a new fad, call it key rolling. Just remember Ivory is no longer allowed.

Sep 19, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #12,763 of 150,084
Each key with its own inbuilt Nixie tube display!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 19, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #12,764 of 150,084
  Each key with its own inbuilt Nixie tube display!

Now that would be a sight to behold! Nixie clocks tend to look a little tacky but some designs are actually pretty cool nowadays. I apologise for instigating the keyboard OT by the way, a lot of it is definitely my fault.

In other news, my Jotunheim should be arriving at my home toward the end of this week - excited to see how it fares compared to the MJ2, going to be cool to have a balanced amp at the office! RMAF can't come quick enough.

Sep 19, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #12,765 of 150,084
  This will introduce a new fad, call it key rolling. Just remember Ivory is no longer allowed.

Just read an article citing a near 33% decimation (144,000) in total African elephant population from poaching between 2007 and 2014.  Even national wildlife preserves are no longer considered to be their safe refuge.  Extrapolating, total extinction in the wild = ?   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back