Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 11, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #123,496 of 152,754
Aug 11, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #123,497 of 152,754
Wow. Rough first day with the 3d printer. Got a reel of silk pla with it. Ruined two prints before I realized that its different than pla and slicer settings need to be altered. So far no successful prints with them sticking to the bottom plate like glue. I've played with all temp settings next I guess its z axis compensation. I do have one last print going where I set the bed temp so low that it should not stick, in fact it should come up during printing. We'll see in 30 minutes.
Ok. Success on multiple fronts. The last print got me a successful print. Looks pretty good on the test cube. I'll break out the calipers tomorrow. Very minor stringing on the cube, but like 2 strands.

Also, the MoPi V2 for Schiit stack is in TinkerCAD so it will be easy to change to add the height for the Pi2AES. Bad news is that it doesn't appear that there will be enough room to work your digital cables in. There is some other work, but I'm thinking the case will have to get wider or longer. Longer as the bottom of the stack might work. I need to rotate the pi 90 degrees and put it up against the left wall from the front. Also, need to put a recess chamfer on the bottom to attach the pi from the bottom. So may take a little time.

Aug 11, 2023 at 10:11 PM Post #123,498 of 152,754
And no discussion of barbeque would be complete without the inclusion of the South African braai with boerewors (sausage.) Fabulous. Somebody more expert than me needs to enter this into the long-simmering BBQ competition, and shout the praises.

I had never tried a Braai until I visit Texas earlier in the year. And yes, it was pretty bloody good!

Aug 11, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #123,499 of 152,754
Aug 11, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #123,500 of 152,754
Aug 12, 2023 at 12:53 AM Post #123,501 of 152,754
My evening‘s Urd-joyment
OG Lyr (Sylvania JAN 5670s) still blowing my mind, with both DCA Aeon RT Closed and Drop/Sennheiser HD58x. Just having too much fun!

Eliane Elias ‘Around the City’

Attachments

• IMG_0256.png
    IMG_0256.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 12, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #123,502 of 152,754
I definitely have plans for that, I may have a separate rounded piece that fits into a dado on the top. I considered covering it with copper and then sealing it to cut down on oxidation. Leather or lambskin might work as well. Right now the biggest concern is how to cut all the angles and in what order. Those first two cuts are crucial or the piece at the top would not be parallel to the bottom. Cutting a 52.5 degree angle when your table saw and chop saw stop at 45 degrees took some thought. :beerchug:
7.5 degrees works :wink:

Aug 12, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #123,504 of 152,754
Lyr 1. Still amazed what phones can do… 5670s all alight by the chimney and Sundara…

Attachments

• IMG_0317.jpeg
    IMG_0317.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Aug 12, 2023 at 4:20 AM Post #123,505 of 152,754
I have a Bifrost 2 and a Gjallarhorn. I would like to remove the factory feet and install taller aftermarket feet for better air circulation.

Are the feet screwed into the threaded chassis without hardware/nuts on the inside?
Either that or stick-on or push-in depending on product and time of release.

Instead of changing the rubber feet out, I’ve just added some extra rubber feet below the gear on top. I found these at a local store and inserted them under my Lyr3’s own feet while it’s on top of the Bifrost2:

IMG_9127.jpeg

Aug 12, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #123,506 of 152,754
Rekkr in da house! :L3000:

Fed by a Magni3 (the first one, not 3+) as preamp with headphone option, and a Modi2 Uber using coax to the TV. The rig is in my son’s room used mostly for gaming.

Keeping it small, the speakers are actually rear channel satellites found at a thrift store for dirt cheap, but sounds great especially compared to the built-ins in the TV :sweat_smile:

IMG_3769.jpeg

Aug 12, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #123,507 of 152,754
Totally agree, @Harum7 - and by the way this is a great pic of Schiit's OG silver finish vs. today's silver finish.

While my silver Urd is beautiful, I prefer the OG grain. But, of course... YMMV. (●'◡'●)
Thanks, brother. Yeah, I LOVE the OG silver grain. When I had the Asgard 2, I noticed that its silver was also beautiful but different, and it was a more neutral gray than the Asgard 1. By itself, the Asgard 1 looks neutral, but when compared to the Asgard 2, it has the slightest hue towards yellow/golden. I notice it because I noodle with color correction/grading as a hobby. Modius also has this slight color cast, so it looks compatible with the Asgard 1.
1592849524312.277590245441641006011348-DSC012000001.png

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #123,508 of 152,754
For me it's just for fun.
The Schiit logo shouldn't be a problem for personal and some friends use.
To distribute the STL, thingiverse would be a good place.
I think serious sales options are only for professional designers, who want to promote their work by drawing attention with some giveaways on such platforms.
I'm an amateur, in it for fun and learning. Not the cheapest hobby, but lots of satisfaction. Lots cheaper than the audio hobby though 😜.

Yeah, feel free to use the logo for personal use. Or for small distribution. I'm fine with it, as long as you're not trying to make it seem like an "official" product. Plus the remote proliferation reminds me that we need to do something about that. We'll get there.

Thanks, brother. Yeah, I LOVE the OG silver grain. When I had the Asgard 2, I noticed that its silver was also beautiful but different, and it was a more neutral gray than the Asgard 1. By itself, the Asgard 1 looks neutral, but when compared to the Asgard 2, it has the slightest hue towards yellow/golden. I notice it because I noodle with color correction/grading as a hobby. Modius also has this slight color cast, so it looks compatible with the Asgard 1.

Yep, old-skool grain (top) we've now successfully replicated across a line of new prototypes. With some luck, we can also address the variability in color, at least to a very large extent. There will probably be at least a couple of black-finish-only launches, but if they are ongoing products, we should be able to get consistent grained aluminum back in the line—yes, even on the new small recurve chassis Have patience...we'll get it rolled out over the next 6-12 months.

This makes me personally very happy, because I always liked the grained clear-anodized finish.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 12, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #123,509 of 152,754
Plus the remote proliferation reminds me that we need to do something about that. We'll get there.
Is it really so difficult to solve that particular problem? 🤔
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens… You guys are smart, you'll figure something out. ✌️😎

Aug 12, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #123,510 of 152,754
7.5 degrees works :wink:
Zero on my table saw is 90 degrees but I see what you are getting at. 🤪 I may try that later. On a miter saw you can set two pieces of wood cut to 45 degrees and add 7.5 by moving the blade but I wanted a simple way. Merely cutting at 7.5 degrees gives you exactly that.

I used a miter attachment, turned the wood on its edge and cut the 52.5 that way. My saw blade has a maximum height of around 3.75 inches so that works for this project.🤪

This morn I am selecting hardwoods for the build.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back