Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 25, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #117,316 of 153,934
Not necessarily compression, but the use of the EQ becomes inconsistent as the volume changes going into the EQ.
Well stated.

A parallel example: Jerry Garcia was very picky about having stability and repeatability with his effects boxes. The geniuses at Alembic, the company which modified his guitars, built a circuit to have a full voltage output to his effects boxes and pedals for consistency, then the signal ran back to his guitar for the onboard volume and tone controls, then back out to the amps. Stable volume (voltage) led to stability and predictability. :smiley_cat:
Alembic... <sigh>. I wish I played well enough to ask them to build a guitar for me...
(oh yeah and can I borrow $20k, too?)
:relaxed:

Apr 25, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #117,317 of 153,934
Holy crap!

I don’t recall hearing about Eva Cassidy until the past few months when some of you guys mentioned her. This morning I looked her up and started listening to her greatest hits album on Apple Music. I only got a few songs in before I had to buy it on vinyl. Wow! What a great voice. Thanks guys.
Just got this... saving it for the debut of the new TT... been listening to her on Tidal in the interim. #love!

Eva_C_01.jpeg

Apr 25, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #117,318 of 153,934
Just got this... saving it for the debut of the new TT... been listening to her on Tidal in the interim. #love!

Eva_C_01.jpeg
I discovered Eva when I came back to active music after about 30 years. I started listening to everything of hers I could. She was from Bowie, MD, where I live and we overlapped a few years but I didn't know about her. She was a wonderful talent and it is an incredible shame she passed so young. I didn't know about this release so it will be a great pleasure to hear.

Apr 25, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #117,319 of 153,934
We got tired of constantly going around in circles.
Not me! NASCAR all the way. F1 is pretty much a boring exercise at least for me. Since I don't follow too much, I have no clue if my impressions are correct.

1) Qualifying #1 gives you a huge advantage
2) Whoever makes it to/thru the first turn in 1st place on the first lap has an enormous advantage that often times holds throughout the race.... BORING
3) There are very few racing teams. It's extremely rare for a lesser team to win by beating the "big boys"

Correct me if I'm incorrect. Maybe with proper education I may enjoy this type of expensive, cutting edge technology, but oh so uncompetitive racing

Leo

Apr 25, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #117,320 of 153,934
Not me! NASCAR all the way. F1 is pretty much a boring exercise at least for me. Since I don't follow too much, I have no clue if my impressions are correct.

2) Whoever makes it to/thru the first turn in 1st place on the first lap has an enormous advantage that often times holds throughout the race.... BORING
3) There are very few racing teams. It's extremely rare for a lesser team to win by beating the "big boys"

Correct me if I'm incorrect. Maybe with proper education I may enjoy this type of expensive, cutting edge technology, but oh so uncompetitive racing

Leo
You need to watch the Netflix series!

1) Maybe......
2) only at Monaco, rest are more open.
3) Ten teams (with debates for another US based)

Watch a few races.

Apr 25, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #117,321 of 153,934
Apr 25, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #117,322 of 153,934
Curiously, I was just looking at the Tushy as a retrofit, but anything other than cold water is too complex for my taste.

I've always been known as a tight-arse, so I don't think the cold water spray is required........
Tushy Spa is amazing. But you get used to the cold water. Or it wakes you up, with super early mornings. I bought one before Covid and the great TP shortage. so it was nice to have an alternative to TP.

Apr 25, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #117,323 of 153,934
Last edited:
Apr 25, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #117,324 of 153,934

Leo
Rubbing is Racing :ksc75smile:

Seriously, since major changes last year, passing is actually possible

Apr 25, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #117,325 of 153,934
eBay. Perhaps this site. Tried Audiogon and nothing moved.
Those audiogon ppl seem to want everything to be as if brand new but with a dumpster dive price.

Apr 25, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #117,326 of 153,934
Apr 25, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #117,327 of 153,934
And a bidet is fine until you realize you didn't buy one that warms the water and it is now the middle of winter. Oh so tingly!
I shudder to think how you know that! And I grew up with unheated showers (in the subtropics, but rain water is cold everywhere!)

Apr 25, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #117,328 of 153,934
Apr 25, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #117,330 of 153,934

Leo
I love F1, I have been watching since I can remember ('73?) when Jackie Stewart was King

1. I have Ayrton Senna stuff on my desk
  2. I still watch every race...
But:
  • Best car usually wins
  • Stupid stewards, penalties, race directors get in the way of a race
  • Too many politics (the team that whines the best wins)
  • Too much cheating (see above)
  • Too expensive (try getting tickets for Vegas GP)
So, while it still has issues NASCAR is way more competitive and they know how to provide entertainment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back