Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 1, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #112,097 of 155,069
Not sure if anyone might find this interesting, but I made use of the Head-Fi Contact Us form to send the powers that be this note:

SUBJECT: Inconsistent Search Results

I don't want to waste your time, but I'm seeing some inconsistent behavior when searching for posts I've authored. I'm retired from a career in software QA, with a focus on relational databases, so I can't help myself!

I see 3 ways to search for posts submitted by me (dhcarquinez):

My Profile - Your Content
Search - By Member
Advanced Search - Posted By

I get different results using these 3 methods, and I get different results repeating the same method.

For example, I am repeating My Profile, Your Content.
- first attempt, 2 pages of results, 1st post is Post #111,978 Yesterday at 4:45 PM Forum: Jason Stoddard, "Tony Levin" which has an attached photo.
- second attempt, 3 pages of results, 1st post is Post #112,059 Today at 12:35 PM Forum: Jason Stoddard, and the Tony Levin post is not there!

This seems repeatable. If you like, I could look for more patterns, but I thought I'd get your response first.

Thanks! I've enjoyed being a member of Head-Fi, and am looking forward to hitting 100 posts (I'm at 97) and I was wondering how they are counted if the search results are inconsistent. Not important of course, but again, I'm curious!

Thanks again,
dhcarquinez

PS - I wondered if I noticed any patterns, such as posts with attachments, or posts that are quotes or replies, but it seems individual posts come and go rather being consistently included/excluded.

Mar 1, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #112,099 of 155,069
I recently got an Anthem AVM70 to replace my Krell Foundation which had become "obsolete".
Can't speak highly enough about it. 'Course, for the price....
Yeah, damn well better be great! Yowzers. But yeah if the old model I have is any indication they are extremely well designed. Seems like every aspect of the user experience is very well thought out.

Mar 1, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #112,100 of 155,069
Beautiful. I am happy for you!:beerchug:
I still have an Onkyo TX-NR818 THX smurtified AVR and the last time I used I question myself for not keeping it in my system. And then I reminded my self that I got "stuck" with a new Denon AVR-X4300H that was supposed to go into someone's home but they never paid for and picked it up and so after being told they "would soon be over" I got stuck with it past the 45 day return date. I still consider the people as friends but their choice is to avoid me now. What ever...I am not that skeery looking, LOL!

I like it very much for the build quality and the ease that is the HEOS setup and now have HEOS speakers throughout our home and in my garage gym. I like music!

But the Onkyo is waiting in a box until I find it a good and worthy home. So many people settle for Soundbars (and they have their valid reasons) and while they are not junque, they are not as good as dedicated speakers. Nor as beautiful. Congratulations!

PS- I took the Onkyo to a Magnepan dealer to demo the LRS and it worked just fine for the 30 minutes I played music on the Maggies. No overheating and Jazz sounded like Jazz.
Thanks, I'm enjoying the separates approach. Thought seriously for a while about a receiver, but the freya n balanced outs directly into the Outlaw amp sounds great! The L/R front outputs from the Anthem go thru the freya, and the rest directly to the amp. Just have to set the freya's volume carefully when watching movies to get the balance right.

Mar 1, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #112,101 of 155,069
In my not so humble opinion? KEF's Uni-Q drivers are the best drivers in the business.

I've got a pair of your Q150's slightly bigger brother (Q950) in my living room, and they punch waaaay above their price range. Especially with Tyrs driving them. Not ported and absolutely no sub needed—just as I like it.
Also among the widest sweet spots of any pair of speakers I've ever heard.

I won't be giving those away for a very long time to come, that's for sure.
The KEF's not ported? I didn't know that.

Oh wait, quick check on their website tells me that they (since long ago) still use the Acoustic Bass Radiators principle. In the old days (when they had only a few drivers to choose from) they used the B139 woofer for that role.

Mar 2, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #112,103 of 155,069
Mar 2, 2023 at 1:34 AM Post #112,105 of 155,069
Hey jazz lovers, I just have to share this one. It’s been running warm on my Schiit stacks lately. Wonderful tunes and great recording by Norwegian drummer Snorre Kirk and sax player Stephen Riley. I saw Snorre and his band live in a small club in Stockholm years ago, and it was amazing. He’s done a bunch of great albums.

Mar 2, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #112,107 of 155,069
Not sure if anyone might find this interesting, but I made use of the Head-Fi Contact Us form to send the powers that be this note:

SUBJECT: Inconsistent Search Results

I don't want to waste your time, but I'm seeing some inconsistent behavior when searching for posts I've authored. I'm retired from a career in software QA, with a focus on relational databases, so I can't help myself!

I see 3 ways to search for posts submitted by me (dhcarquinez):

My Profile - Your Content
Search - By Member
Advanced Search - Posted By

I get different results using these 3 methods, and I get different results repeating the same method.

For example, I am repeating My Profile, Your Content.
- first attempt, 2 pages of results, 1st post is Post #111,978 Yesterday at 4:45 PM Forum: Jason Stoddard, "Tony Levin" which has an attached photo.
- second attempt, 3 pages of results, 1st post is Post #112,059 Today at 12:35 PM Forum: Jason Stoddard, and the Tony Levin post is not there!

This seems repeatable. If you like, I could look for more patterns, but I thought I'd get your response first.

Thanks! I've enjoyed being a member of Head-Fi, and am looking forward to hitting 100 posts (I'm at 97) and I was wondering how they are counted if the search results are inconsistent. Not important of course, but again, I'm curious!

Thanks again,
dhcarquinez

PS - I wondered if I noticed any patterns, such as posts with attachments, or posts that are quotes or replies, but it seems individual posts come and go rather being consistently included/excluded.
That's nothing! Try to search something in classifieds - that is the true disaster. Appreciate your effort anyway.

Mar 2, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #112,108 of 155,069
X2HR’s have arrived! Decided I’m going to keep them in the box for now until I clean up my listening space because I absolutely despise the idea of a crap ton of dust going onto the pads 😂

The headphone looks beautiful as hell though. 😊
IMG_4992.jpeg

Mar 2, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #112,110 of 155,069

Users who are viewing this thread

Back