Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 31, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #109,426 of 150,439
Tonight's listening, on repeat for the last few hours. Do yourself a favor and hear this on an Yggy LIM through a Freya before you die. Incredible!
One of my favorites and I have listened to it often and a Freya was usually involved. :ksc75smile:

Listening now on my mini speaker system. A Loki + really helped, about to add a subwoofer as well.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #109,427 of 150,439
Another totally off topic question for all you schiitheads :upside_down: A recent "mad science" project out of the warped minds of myself and wife consists of a diy truck camper to fit our dodge dakota. Enjoying weekends out on forest service roads, the coast etc.

IMG_4028.jpg IMG_3318.jpg IMG_4439.jpg
Looking for a small bluetooth speaker, USB-C rechargeable - not needing earth shaking volume, good balance preferred ....
To continue the JBL love, I picked up a GO3 as a shower speaker and it's remarkably balanced for its size/purpose.

Jan 31, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #109,428 of 150,439
It is important to get up fairly regularly.

Stay in bed too long and the relatives will start divvying up your stuff they want, and selling off the rest of it.
LOL my son has a habit of staying up very late and sleeping late so no worries from him. He also knows he will inherit my audio gear. :ksc75smile: I am already leaving my cardboard and GE tube collection to Cowen so there will be no fighting over that.

Jan 31, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #109,429 of 150,439
I added a little Klipsch subwoofer to my mini radial speaker setup. It seems like overkill since it is nearly the size of my record box.😜 With the help of a Loki + this setup is better than expected. Right now I have wires going everywhere but this is temporary. Listening to the album Winter Moon.....Art Pepper.

24B2CE76-3DD3-4188-9E45-88BD4D592B1B.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #109,430 of 150,439
Another totally off topic question for all you schiitheads :upside_down: A recent "mad science" project out of the warped minds of myself and wife consists of a diy truck camper to fit our dodge dakota. Enjoying weekends out on forest service roads, the coast etc.

IMG_4028.jpg IMG_3318.jpg IMG_4439.jpg
Looking for a small bluetooth speaker, USB-C rechargeable - not needing earth shaking volume, good balance preferred ....
I just received a small BT speaker that I'm very happy with. Price/Quality ratio is high. Earfun UboomL

Leo

Jan 31, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #109,431 of 150,439
Reminded me of Tyll Hertsens from the InnerFidelity website, who was well known and influential in the audiophile headphone community when he gave it up to go on the road. He was featured in this video recently.

Tyll recently gave up the Nomad lifestyle and has once again settled in Montana near his son's home (with his son??). Still focusing on his Ukulele. I think he may be teaching classes as well......

Leo

Jan 31, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #109,434 of 150,439
What solution did you use to take care of the gain mismatch?
I have a custom build active crossover that has adjustable gain.

Jan 31, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #109,435 of 150,439
Just wanted to make a shout out for Modi MultiBit 2.

I've been through many DACs over a couple price points. I'm on my initial listen, but its quite enjoyable. I really enjoy the voicing for up tempo music (Dave Matthews Band, Pearl Jam). Also nice on vocal music meaning the likes of Norah Jones, Melody Gardot.

Going to give it a good listen, but it's great so far. If $300 is palatable for a DAC its a good purchase.

Jan 31, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #109,436 of 150,439

I've been through many DACs over a couple price points. I'm on my initial listen, but its quite enjoyable. I really enjoy the voicing for up tempo music (Dave Matthews Band, Pearl Jam). Also nice on vocal music meaning the likes of Norah Jones, Melody Gardot.

Going to give it a good listen, but it's great so far. If $300 is palatable for a DAC its a good purchase.
I added one to my work rig to replace a Modi 3+. Worth the $300 IMO. I am enjoying it immensely, sometimes to the point I forget I am at work!

Jan 31, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #109,437 of 150,439

It is a winning product.

Jan 31, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #109,438 of 150,439
I just got my MMb2 this past Saturday. It is my first DAC purchase, and so far I’m very happy with it. I was worried supply wouldn’t last long, so I’m all the more happy I was able to get this dac. Good bunch of headphone hobbyists in the dedicated MMb2 thread btw:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back