Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 19, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #10,741 of 151,813
Not to be "that guy" but I really do hope that the remote for the 2 channel stuff has an on/off function. It's my biggest gripe with gear from some of the smaller brands. I'm currently using a WeMo wifi switch on my Ragnarok and it's not the greatest experience.

May 19, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #10,742 of 151,813
  I really hope for a "Wyrder" that has several USB inputs and outputs, so you can run the signal through the unit multiple times to get 6N cleanliness.

Signed,
A happy Wyrd owner :wink:

Maybe today I woke up dumber than usual
biggrin.gif
, but can you give me a practical example where a Wyrder would be useful? I mean... besides an USB port that's sending the audio data to a DAC, what other 5 signals would benefit from that cleanliness?

Personally, I'd favor if in future iterations of Yggdrasil/Gungnir or new DACs, Wyrd's circuitry becomes part of the DAC itself, ie... fewer separate components.

May 19, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #10,745 of 151,813
A remote controlled preamp for active speakers would be a nice solution while I accumulate wealth for a more serious rig.

May 20, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #10,746 of 151,813
A remote controlled preamp for active speakers would be a nice solution while I accumulate wealth for a more serious rig.

Agreed. I am making some class d power amps next week and am looking for a preamp.

May 20, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #10,748 of 151,813

Remote control is a certainty. Done and done.

And yeah, the next Schiit Show will have LOTS of the new product, in both configurations, hopefully no lines (or not much in the way of lines.)

Thanks, Jason, you're a gentleman and a scholar.

After I get the Schiit pre w/remote, I can put the Rag next to my headphone chair. And if I can find a chair with a built-in commode, I'll never have to get up - hey, I sense a marketing opportunity here! Of course, the same chair would also need a built-in fridge, and maybe ... but I'm going OT, again...

May 20, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #10,749 of 151,813

Thanks, Jason, you're a gentleman and a scholar.

After I get the Schiit pre w/remote, I can put the Rag next to my headphone chair. And if I can find a chair with a built-in commode, I'll never have to get up - hey, I sense a marketing opportunity here! Of course, the same chair would also need a built-in fridge, and maybe ... but I'm going OT, again...

Easy, Frito. No need to go full Idiocracy.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
May 20, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #10,750 of 151,813

Then you can have your Schiit and leave it too.

May 20, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #10,752 of 151,813
Then you can have your Schiit and leave it too.

Unfortunately, unless you get up and empty it, you'll be building a different kind if Schiit stack!

Loving my MB Bimby. Got an HD Radio tuner connected to my coax input (Macbook to USB). Sounds absolutely crystal clear. Thanks Schiit!

May 20, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #10,753 of 151,813
Originally Posted by 45longcolt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It doesn't hurt that they make great sounding gear at more-than-fair prices, in the USA (well, the People's Republic of Calif, but still...)

it turns out that contrary to propaganda, regulation that upholds the quality of life does not hurt growth...see

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-california-april-jobs-20160519-snap-story.html

May 20, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #10,754 of 151,813
Yeah, it has to be true it is in the L.A.Times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back