Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 18, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #103,216 of 151,324
Nothing wrong with that. :ksc75smile: As I said we used to use a small portion of that song, we do not anymore. Chesky originally used it in what I remember to be a free download to show off one of eight music criteria, as best I can recall. Much of it probably had to do with the quality of the recording compared to the musical style or artist performing it.
Back in my HiFi retailing days - Technics produced a 6 pack of really well produced CD's (early days of cd) for demo purposes, most were the usual drivel and show yawners but disc 6 was really avant-garde a particularly raucous 9 min remix of PIL 's warrior was the highlight - I wish I still had that disc!! -Also, our buyer was ex- Denon (Martin Bates - take a bow !!) - he had a wallet of 30-40 Denon produced Cd's of all genres that sounded incredible at the time !! boy did we sell some kit from those Discs!!

Nov 18, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #103,218 of 151,324
Back in my HiFi retailing days - Technics produced a 6 pack of really well produced CD's (early days of cd) for demo purposes, most were the usual drivel and show yawners but disc 6 was really avant-garde a particularly raucous 9 min remix of PIL 's warrior was the highlight - I wish I still had that disc!! -Also, our buyer was ex- Denon (Martin Bates - take a bow !!) - he had a wallet of 30-40 Denon produced Cd's of all genres that sounded incredible at the time !! boy did we sell some kit from those Discs!!

I really need to go through my CD collection. I saved tons of CD demo discs, from my CD replication days. At the time, just grab and go, and onto the next rush order. I might have some good stuff, and not even realize it. 🤔

Nov 18, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #103,219 of 151,324
I have many John Cougar and Mellencamp albums... love 'em all
He has a tour starting here in early February, then on to NC and Georgia. He has been a big benefactor to the university and can often be seen at IU’s basketball games. When I won a steak dinner and bottle of wine from @bcowen I took my wife to the same restaurant where Mellencamp took Billy Joel when he was in town.🤪🤪

Nov 18, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #103,220 of 151,324
Absolutely.

Guys I'm torn, do I buy black or silver LOLLLL.

I'm assuming all the new products will have powdered coated silver? (as oppose to anodized silver)

So does that make the black version future proof (in terms of matching looks).

But I'm kind of a sucker for the anodized silver look. Though I guess black + silver knob looks good too.

Ahhhh life is too hard.

This was my pic from last year (Vali 2+ and Modi Multibit 1).

PXL_20210427_132257521.jpg

EDIT: I guess I still have time to think, Modi Multibit 2 is not out yet hahaha.

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #103,221 of 151,324
I've always been a fan of silver finish with black knobs, it's black tie-ish, but sometimes you don't get a choice.
1668788285669.png

The RAAL requisite gear is the only one with black face plates, that I've owned, where the white print is plainly legible at a distance

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #103,223 of 151,324
Yep - I am multilingual - I speak fluent Geordie , Cockney and well versed in Glaswegian!!
Hats off to you @Erratic Gravy !

One of my friends is a Glaswegian.

A few weeks ago, I spoke to him on the phone for the first time in several months.

It took me several minutes to 'tune in' to his dialect before I could understand a word he said!

This was after he had made a serious effort; after our conversation his young daughter said 'Dad why were you speaking posh on the phone?' :beyersmile:

Geordies can be even harder to understand- especially the older generation!

My Grandfather was a true cockney, so I can just about understand them...

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #103,224 of 151,324
I really need to go through my CD collection. I saved tons of CD demo discs, from my CD replication days. At the time, just grab and go, and onto the next rush order. I might have some good stuff, and not even realize it. 🤔
I have one 'Naim' sampler CD.

As you would expect, the recording quality is excellent as is some of the music.

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #103,226 of 151,324

A few weeks ago, I spoke to him on the phone for the first time in several months.

It took me several minutes to 'tune in' to his dialect before I could understand a word he said!

This was after he had made a serious effort; after our conversation his young daughter said 'Dad why were you speaking posh on the phone?' :beyersmile:

Yep my Mam was the Geordie and Dad the Londoner (not strictly Cockney but close enough) and I have worked with some extraordinarily tough Glaswegian 'armed services' guys - when my Geordie uncles and Aunts visited a few years back my Wife couldn't understand a word of it !! - I had to quite literally translate for her

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #103,227 of 151,324
It has just been announced by FIFA and Qatar, that alcohol will be banned from the host nation's stadiums, at the upcoming FIFA World Cup.

Budweiser is a major sponsor of FIFA.

Luckily, it doesn't make beer
Budweiser is like making love in a canoe !! - or as we Brits call it Dudweiser

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #103,228 of 151,324

One time, working in Qatar, I had a construction manager who was from Glasgow. It took me about 3 weeks to START understanding a little bit of what he said. Even after a year I didn't understand him completely. He was an extreme example though.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #103,229 of 151,324
Budweiser is like making love in a canoe !! - or as we Brits call it Dudweiser
I first heard that joke with reference to Watney's 'Red Barrel'

That shows my age :beyersmile:

Unfortunately, I endured quite a few pints of this p*** as a teenager, as there was little else available in English pubs back in the mid '70s.
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) did a fantastic job here in the UK, promoting proper beer.

WRB was immortalised by Python in their brilliant 'Travel Agent' sketch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back