Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 17, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #103,186 of 149,513
Lol na he was born in a smaller town nearby and used to hang around a record store a buddy of mine managed. He was Johnny Cougar back then.🤪
Maybe a couple houses here were painted pink though. Because of the University, we are probably close to 80k.

John was born in Sermour Indiana with a current population of 21k, 71 years ago I suspect it was closer to 12k. Oops, it was 9,629 then.
Thanks @Paladin79
He was John Cougar when I first started buying his albums. :beyersmile:
I have about a dozen.

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #103,187 of 149,513
My first ever Schiit purchase was also a Modi 2U. I needed the optical input from my TV to my preamp and it is still in use today. It's been flawless. When I get the new Modi MB+ I will probably A/B my old 2U with my Modius to see which one sounds better. Right now they are on different systems.

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #103,188 of 149,513
Thanks @Paladin79
He was John Cougar when I first started buying his albums. :beyersmile:
I have about a dozen.
Very nice.🤪 One of my favorites is his cover of Van Morrison’s Wild Night.

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #103,189 of 149,513
Body capacitance. On mine I need to be barefoot just like Finnegan.🙀🙀

Sorry about the socks and I hope you are doing well.

Thanks. Yeah, I figured that out - it's just that the added "yes I'm me" confirmation on the software is a small pain when I haven't had coffee yet (I measure myself first thing out of bed for consistency).

I am doing well, thanks. I dropped my motorcycle on my leg doing a slow u-turn (too slow) and the wound got infected. So plenty of time with IV anti-biotics, wound wraps, etc. It's healed well but I'm going to need to wear compression stockings for at least six months until the skin of the scar has strengthened up.

Aaaaaand considering it's -13C out there, not a lot of ride time just now, and probably won't be until April/May.

Good thing there's music!

Nov 17, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #103,190 of 149,513

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 3.37.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 3.37.38 PM.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 0
Nov 17, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #103,191 of 149,513
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 17, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #103,196 of 149,513
Really?? :ksc75smile::ksc75smile: I can only recall using a small segment of it myself and it has been a while but then I like some of the Chesky recordings. What do you and some audiophiles prefer?

I actually like Spanish Harlem. But I’ve heard it a lot at audio shows.

For testing gear I play whatever is in my head at the moment. It might be Tool, Rage against the Machine, Larkin Poe, Rachael Yamagata, some early 90’s techno, or some of those soundtracks I listed earlier.

Nov 17, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #103,198 of 149,513
I actually like Spanish Harlem. But I’ve heard it a lot at audio shows.

For testing gear I play whatever is in my head at the moment. It might be Tool, Rage against the Machine, Larkin Poe, Rachael Yamagata, some early 90’s techno, or some of those soundtracks I listed earlier.
Nothing wrong with that. :ksc75smile: As I said we used to use a small portion of that song, we do not anymore. Chesky originally used it in what I remember to be a free download to show off one of eight music criteria, as best I can recall. Much of it probably had to do with the quality of the recording compared to the musical style or artist performing it.

Nov 17, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #103,199 of 149,513
If you can't place the instruments when playing that version of Spanish Harlem, then you definitely need to improve your system. The separation is great and they don't do anything stupid like artificially move instruments around like so many other recordings do. My other Chesky favorite is the Melissa Mango recording of her singing in a church while it rains hard outside. The ambiance from the rain is just so good!

Nov 17, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #103,200 of 149,513
I only dabble in electronic music but I used Demons Of Pain by Infected Mushroom in making a lot of my decisions. It exposed true detail and clean crisp base, blackness, spatial signals, blah blah when that was what I was looking for and Jazz At The Pawn Shop.
I am familiar with Jazz at the Pawn shop, I will have to look up the other music. :ksc75smile: I have always been interested in what others might use in order to make decisions.
There are no wrong answers, your music your choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back