Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 10, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #100,936 of 152,850
Yeah. I hope he prevails in the lawsuit, and the T.W. Garner Co. is forced to immediately send him a check for the $3 he spent.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna sue South Carolina because they stole half of North Carolina's name. It's unbelievable they've gotten away with it for so long. :smile:
and half of Carolina, which was originally combined and ran all the way (notionally) to the Pacific.

Oct 10, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #100,938 of 152,850
and half of Carolina, which was originally combined and ran all the way (notionally) to the Pacific.
wasn't the earth thought to be flat back then and going too far west one could fall off??? :ksc75smile:

(maybe, just maybe, the earth is really flat and nothing has changed)

Oct 10, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #100,939 of 152,850

Hmmm, this isn't working for me. It's no secret that I love me some LISST, but this doesn't blow my skirt up. Like, at all. The highs become way too sharp, and that lush low end that Folkvangr can deliver under the right circumstances has mostly disappeared. The mids are fine, though—if you like to have your ears be lashed with them like the nasty little gimps that they are.

So…

LISST doesn't really seem to jive with Folkvangr.

Schocker, I know.

It's back to the Gold Lions for me, and pronto.

(And yes, my Folkvangr is dusty. No need to rub it in. It's almond harvest season in my neck of the woods. Because the only thing that's more awesome than living in a dustbowl is living in a dustbowl while close to a million trees that haven't seen a drop of rain in eight months get the living bejeezus shaken out of them. 😷)
Am I missing something here? I'm assuming that LISST is the front tube sockets is a jest?

Oct 10, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #100,942 of 152,850
I was asking a specific person because I know his system and capabilities. ... @bcowen can play the same track four different ways ... I also know about his ability to hear slight differences.

I have little experience ripping CD’s or records. Is the quality the same as the original? Maybe the difference is slight so you are fine with it? (I have been given some and I do download from HD Tracks).
I would love to hear from those who can hear differences and what they are. My limited abilities preclude me from having a worthwhile opinion. IOW, I know I wouldn't hear these differences.

Oct 10, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #100,943 of 152,850
Where are you buying?
Mainly Discogs and Ebay. I also shop at a local used CD store and 1 or 2 thrift shops. Thrift shops are very hit or miss but I did get 20 CDs for $5 a few months ago. I had to replace most of the jewel cases but they're fairly cheap.

Oct 10, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #100,944 of 152,850
wasn't the earth thought to be flat back then and going too far west one could fall off??? :ksc75smile:

(maybe, just maybe, the earth is really flat and nothing has changed)
You can't fall off. Read Terry Prachett - there is no such thing as a free launch.

Oct 10, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #100,946 of 152,850
How would you feel if the states merged and became just Carolina? Personally, I don't see the point of North anything if it doesn't snow there....
Spend 10 minutes in each state, that should help you understand.

Oct 10, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #100,948 of 152,850
Oct 10, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #100,949 of 152,850
LISST with adapters?
Nope, direct. Those are the 9-pin version of LISST that came with Mjolnir 2 for a little while. They were discontinued before I discovered Schiit and are kinda hard to find these days, but I managed to track down a new-old-stock pair in Malaysia earlier this year.

1665439734133.jpeg

After the Gold Lion E88CC, these are actually my second most favorite "tube" for the Mjolnir and already got quite a lot of hours of listening time on them. They really jive with each other.

(Never tried them in my Valhalla 2 or my Vali 2+, so I don't know how well they work in those, though. Those two amps, while very good themselves, don't really get much play time here at my place.)

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #100,950 of 152,850
Nope, direct. Those are the 9-pin version of LISST that came with Mjolnir 2 for a little while. They were discontinued before I discovered Schiit and are kinda hard to find these days, but I managed to track down a new-old-stock pair in Malaysia earlier this year.
Ahhhhhhh, didn't realize there was more than one version of LISST.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back