Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 2, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #98,986 of 150,730
Sep 2, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #98,987 of 150,730
Your wine is in a cardboard box, canned wines are getting very popular in most civilized parts of the country. :beerchug:

https://www.liquor.com/best-canned-wines-5104808
Fizzy wine that tastes like poached pears has always been my favorite. Or not. 🤣 🤣 🤣

1662157116675.png

Sep 2, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #98,988 of 150,730
In reality, I think what makes the difference for most folk between "listening" and just listening, is when before going in the folks that "listen" know the difference. In other words, if you know what the source is and it is something you prefer, then you will declare it to be wonderful. If you know the source and it is something you dislike, then you will say as much. It is when you think you know for certain and do not know that it has been changed that things get highlarious.

This is true for pretty much all equipment including stuff like turntable cartridges, pre-amps, et al. The thing that I prefer and can state with out worry is the music I enjoy. And again, I like records and CDs for the tactile feel, the involvement in play back and the decades of memories, good and bad, that I associate with said equipment and most of all, the songs.

I play records on my Crosley Executive suitcase turntable and it sounds just fine to me. At one of the T.H.E. shows a few years back, I could swear to the Buddha that I heard a live piano playing in one of the larger rooms. I made my way there and walked in only to find people and audio equipment. A man approached and asked if he could help me and I told him I was looking for the piano.

He said there wasn't any and that I had made his day. Was I disappointed the music was not live? Nope. It sounded good to me! I knew the song and for very personal reasons it is one of my favourites. The memories were live even if the music was not.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #98,989 of 150,730
Fizzy wine that tastes like poached pears has always been my favorite. Or not. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Wait aren’t you the guy who listens to Marilyn Manson? There should be limits to bad taste.😁😁

Sep 2, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #98,990 of 150,730
Thanks for the reply and Bifrost 2/64 being more suited to speakers than headphones, does the Lyr+ bring any change to this notion?
I LOVE the 2/64 on headphones. Everyone is different my friend. Although mRaaghava has his opinion, its just that. An opinion. My opinion is that my headphones have never sounded better. Better than the Bifrost2 for sure. Anyway, take my opinion with a grain of salt, and perhaps everyone here on Head-fi as well....

Leo

Sep 2, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #98,991 of 150,730
Can you good people please share with me a few BAD recordings? Not so much bad MUSIC, but bad mixing/mastering/mic'ing/other production elements. Interested to know what that means to this audience and how it translates to my setup. Thanks in advance!
I had to throw this recording away from Dave Matthews. Great album for sure. But I couldn't stand it. Everything is compressed and lows and highs cut-off. Never tried it a 2nd time. Just about my only suggestion

Dave Matthews Band. Big Whisky and the GrooGrux King

Horrible!!

Leo

Sep 2, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #98,992 of 150,730
We can't trust your opinion until you 'fess up to how many reviews you've read since you bought them.
I've only found 2, but they were both very positive therefore receiving my seal of approval. 😀

Sep 2, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #98,993 of 150,730
The answer to that is both very simple and also so incredibly complex that we cannot fully describe it. Brain chemistry.
By that you mean Scotch, right? Or do we need more powerful brain chemicals?

Sep 2, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #98,994 of 150,730
By that you mean Scotch, right? Or do we need more powerful brain chemicals?
The ones produced naturally can be far more powerful...

Sep 2, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #98,995 of 150,730
I’m also using Yggy / Rag 2 combo and have been thinking about Zu Speakers. Their lineup has always confused me a little bit. For around $1000 I’d have no worries, but with the recent price increases / new lineup you’re looking at close to $3k. That’s a lot to drop on a speaker I’ve never heard. (Yes I know you can return them)
Plus, by the time you add upgrades on the DW 6, it’s basically the same price as a Union 6.
Decisions, decisions…

I did just pick up a small sub from the SVS Labor Day sale, so that should tide me over for a while.
I hear you. As you approach $3K you get into a bigger category of competition.

And not my dream speakers. I’m stewing on it for a bit. All great comments that I appreciate. I have a lot of new headphone gear coming so will be sated for a while.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #98,996 of 150,730
You have wine in a can, and poke fun about wine in a box? Isn't wine in a can just bad beer? 🤣 🤣
Of course you would prefer wine out of a cardboard box...:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::slight_smile::smile::smiley_cat::smile_cat:

Sep 2, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #98,997 of 150,730
I hear you. As you approach $3K you get into a bigger category of competition.

And not my dream speakers. I’m stewing on it for a bit. All great comments that I appreciate. I have a lot of new headphone gear coming so will be sated for a while.
I'm waiting to see how Jason decides to outfit the LRS+ and new YTBR dipole subs with amplification and such in the Schiitr. Sounds like he was quite intrigued by the combo at the Texas shebang.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #98,998 of 150,730
The ones produced naturally can be far more powerful...
Breathe slowly into your Pineal Gland, and visualize the Blue White Light emanating from the spaces between the cells. :eye:

Sep 2, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #98,999 of 150,730
Sep 2, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #99,000 of 150,730

Users who are viewing this thread

Back