Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 25, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #98,371 of 149,689
Oh yea, what's wrong with adding a little color to your writing...? 🤣
Not a thing lol. I liked the reference. :beerchug: And I always enjoy your comments.

Aug 25, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #98,373 of 149,689
Hey all,

Just a quick update or two, as I get ready to head back to Corpus Christi:

3. Don't be surprised to see an email or two from us. As we've ramped up production, we can start reminding people that we exist, instead of hiding under the bridge like trolls, hoping nobody finds out how deep in backorder we are. Don't worry, it won't be like just-got-6-emails-the-same-day-after-I-bought-something-and-before-I-received-it insanity. Maybe once a month. Maybe. Depends on parts. Backorders aren't vanquished. Nor are parts shortages. The inexpensive True Multibit products (Modi Multibit 2 and the True Multibit Unison card) are now held up officially to June/July. That's when we're supposed to get the DSPs now. Except now our purchasing partner is making hopeful noises about moving things up, so we'll see. In the meantime, don't be surprised if Bifrost, Gungnir, and Yggdrasil move to TI DSPs. If you want to argue about how the same algorithm run by two different DSPs sound, I suggest you come to a show and talk to Dave. I'll just shake my head and walk away.

All the best,
Jason

June, July 2023? What is the True Multibit Unison card? Is this a PCIe card for PCs?

So this mean Gungnir lives? Can we please see a Gungnir 2 with some significant upgrades?

Haven't Yggdrasil (MIL/LIM) and BF2/64 already received the TI DSP treatment?

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #98,374 of 149,689
Don't remind me...😵‍💫
I will be driving through your area in a cargo van in mid September on my way to pick up audio gear north of Philly. Luckily I will get my son to do a lot of the heavy lifting, he is far more Herculean. :ksc75smile: Considering the van rental and gasoline, it will not be a cheap trip but such is life. Shipping all the product would have been expensive and worrisome.

Aug 25, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #98,375 of 149,689
I will be driving through your area in a cargo van in mid September on my way to pick up audio gear north of Philly.
Remember, Sheetz is no good and Wawa is the place to stop for gas and vittles. :wink: And don't forget your swim trunks for Dorney Park's Wild Water Kingdom.

Aug 25, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #98,376 of 149,689
I will be driving through your area in a cargo van in mid September on my way to pick up audio gear north of Philly. Luckily I will get my son to do a lot of the heavy lifting, he is far more Herculean. :ksc75smile: Considering the van rental and gasoline, it will not be a cheap trip but such is life. Shipping all the product would have been expensive and worrisome.

Audio gear? Nice. Can you share details, as I like to live vicariously through others. 😁

Aug 25, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #98,377 of 149,689
Audio gear? Nice. Can you share details, as I like to live vicariously through others. 😁
PrimaLuna EVO 400, Sonus Faber Olympica, Melos SHA-1, REL T/5i pair for sure. Then a PrimaLuna tube DAC, EVO 100 I believe or maybe an Aqua La Voce.

I hope to be able to switch between three tube power amps, a couple tube pre-amps, and a few DAC's.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #98,378 of 149,689
Melos HA-1
Did you mean Melos SHA-1?

If so, I look forward to seeing what you think of it and what mods you perform on it.

I still have my SHA-Gold. Still my favorite preamp ever! It needs some attention, but all the folks that I used to know who worked on these have either passed away or disappeared. No one in my area would touch it, so I made the last repairs myself. Turns out that I'm very talented at lifting traces!

Aug 25, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #98,379 of 149,689
But as long as it's straight isopropyl, anything less than 100% is just water (91% isopropyl is just 9% water). The alcohol is quite diluted by the distilled water in the final mix, so why pay through the nose for a higher alcohol content when you're just going to dilute it anyway?

I haven't tried the Record Doctor concentrate, but that's a very respected name in the biz and looks like an economical (and easier) way to go.
Your comment about the alcohol content is brilliant!

I was pleasantly surprised by the Record Doctor concentrate. It's great for routine LP cleanings. I still use the heavy duty cleaners for nasty thrift store/garage sale finds.

Aug 25, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #98,380 of 149,689
Did you mean Melos SHA-1?

If so, I look forward to seeing what you think of it and what mods you perform on it.

I still have my SHA-Gold. Still my favorite preamp ever! It needs some attention, but all the folks that I used to know who worked on these have either passed away or disappeared. No one in my area would touch it, so I made the last repairs myself. Turns out that I'm very talented at lifting traces!
You are correct, my memory is not what it once was. :ksc75smile: If you run into issues in the future PM me and I may be able to help. I have not heard an SHA-1 but it caught my interest. I did happen to find this article on the SHA-1. I may use the SHA-1 with an EL 34 SET amp and some tiny Decware style speakers of my own design.

https://www.stereophile.com/headphones/617/index.html

A volume pot upgrade was mentioned using Alps black beauty 100K pot. I happen to own quite a few single gang versions of said pot so one possibility is my adding dual audio pots down the road if feasible.

The PrimaLuna is an integrated amp but I do like to have backup pre-amps for other amps.

I will hang onto a Freya +, Gungnir, etc. Looking around I still own at least a half dozen Schiit items, many tube related. I have received plenty of advice on what I should be buying but for my ears I should be happy with my choices and in the end, that is all that matters. I may also look into another turntable down the road, maybe refurbing an old Thorens or such. I would love to build my own turntable bass using some form of maple.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #98,381 of 149,689
Is that a P4?

I lusted so much after that car. But totally impractical was my conclusion and I didn't want a garage car that only went out when there was a R in the month.
Now that's what I call a garage (nothing wrong with that car either!). Also noticed the refrigerator/freezer sandwiched in between the
tool lockers for refreshments! 😀

Aug 25, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #98,382 of 149,689
Now THAT, that is gorgeous! Thank you! Great way to start my day. What a cool clock! I can not afford one but that is true of many things but in no way diminishes my appreciation for them! Again, thank you!

Verily, a SchitTime Clock doth seem a worthy item for all goode Schiitizens.

That price. Those McIntosh owners do love their blue meters

It is cool, tho

Aug 25, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #98,383 of 149,689
Is that a P4?

I lusted so much after that car. But totally impractical was my conclusion and I didn't want a garage car that only went out when there was a R in the month.
Alfa Romeo 4C
Carbon fiber tub helps keep the weight just below 2500 lb.

Completely and utterly impractical. :sweat_smile:

Aug 25, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #98,384 of 149,689
Now that's what I call a garage (nothing wrong with that car either!). Also noticed the refrigerator/freezer sandwiched in between the
tool lockers for refreshments! 😀
Thank you. :)

I still have tendonitis in a few spots from installing them a few years ago. The fridge has some refreshments in it - but it's overflow for our main fridge as my wife loves to cook. A LOT.

Aug 25, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #98,385 of 149,689
June, July 2023? What is the True Multibit Unison card? Is this a PCIe card for PCs?
1000% sure it is not. It is a card for Schiit's modular AMP-DAC-PRES

Users who are viewing this thread

Back