Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 9, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #9,676 of 149,685
Here's one for the "Let's see Schiit top this" department :  Pass now has a  $45,000 electronic RIAA Phono device.   

I wonder what it'll sell for on ebay in 10 years?

Maybe they're just trying to keep up with the $50,000 Sennheiser headphones. 

[size=x-small]I also wonder if it will make the front cover of Stereophile? or get a [/size]nice[size=x-small] Award from journalists voting? [/size]

[size=x-small]Tony in Michigan[/size]

Jan 9, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #9,677 of 149,685
Rite-o dear Aussie friend.  

School teacher, indeed.

Hey, Mr. Amos, aren't you supposed to be in Vegas celebrating at one of parteeeees going on at the Tuscany Swimming Pool?, or are you working late nowadays?

Tony in Michigan

ps.  I'm waiting around for Tyll's Day 3 Report

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #9,678 of 149,685

Yoopers & Deer,

I'm from Manitowoc and not at all following the Deer thing or hunting.  We do have Deers all around our Michigan neighborhood, I toss em Corn Cobs & Carrots but leave them alone otherwise.  My Landscape has little to feed them but they seem to thrive on my neighbors flowers and such.  

I know two lads that returned to the Frozen North, everyone else chooses Sunny Florida for the winter months starting in October thru to May 1st., I intend on joining them in watching Sunsets over the Gulf of Mexico & Bone fishing.  

This Schiit site sure seems to have it's share of interesting folks!  

Tony in Michigan

ps.  That Stereophile reviewer  Herb Richert says that Technics's re-entry into Consumer Audio is the Biggest thing happening for years 2015-2016, I wonder if anyone here finds it in their heart to agree? 

I'm from Iron Mountain and the part of northern Wisconsin just southwest - a place called Homestead. I'd love to live out there again, but the economy. My sincere hope is to get a Furniture/Human Centered Design (read: Industrial Design) degree from NMU. I'm the kind of person that could live on 100 acres and only see people once per week when I go grocery shopping.

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #9,679 of 149,685

I'm from Iron Mountain and the part of northern Wisconsin just southwest - a place called Homestead. I'd love to live out there again, but the economy. My sincere hope is to get a Furniture/Human Centered Design (read: Industrial Design) degree from NMU. I'm the kind of person that could live on 100 acres and only see people once per week when I go grocery shopping.

Now this I can buy into!!!

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #9,680 of 149,685

Yoopers & Deer,

I'm from Manitowoc and not at all following the Deer thing or hunting.  We do have Deers all around our Michigan neighborhood, I toss em Corn Cobs & Carrots but leave them alone otherwise.  My Landscape has little to feed them but they seem to thrive on my neighbors flowers and such.  

I know two lads that returned to the Frozen North, everyone else chooses Sunny Florida for the winter months starting in October thru to May 1st., I intend on joining them in watching Sunsets over the Gulf of Mexico & Bone fishing.  

This Schiit site sure seems to have it's share of interesting folks!  

Tony in Michigan

ps.  That Stereophile reviewer  Herb Richert says that Technics's re-entry into Consumer Audio is the Biggest thing happening for years 2015-2016, I wonder if anyone here finds it in their heart to agree? 

I listened to the two new Technics systems at T.H.E. Show Newport Beach this past summer, and they were good.  I don't know if that's the biggest thing, but it's certainly significant, and it's awesome to see them back.  Another product of note are the new Andrew Jones designed ELAC America Debut series of loudspeakers, which are some of the best if not the best budget boxes that I've ever heard.  Schiit's multibit products definitely deserve mention in this category as well though.

Jan 9, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #9,681 of 149,685

My closest supermarket is a half an hour away.  I look out over a roughly 10 x 5 mile valley with maybe 60 houses or so, behind me just hills, down a crooked dirt road.  I always wanted a house where I could take a leak in the back yard - here I can do it in the front.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 9, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #9,682 of 149,685

My closest supermarket is a half an hour away.  I look out over a roughly 10 x 5 mile valley with maybe 60 houses or so, behind me just hills, down a crooked dirt road.  I always wanted a house where I could take a leak in the back yard - here I can do it in the front.

Was not expecting that this early in the morning, I was laughing so hard I almost pissed my pants.

Jan 9, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #9,683 of 149,685

It sounds like you live the way I grew up. The house was on our old sawmill site. 75 acres, none of it farm land. Three-wheelers, snowmobiles, and of course logging for firewood every late summer/fall.

Jan 9, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #9,684 of 149,685

Be sure your gears do still sound gound in densely crowded area, like my (now beloved) Yggdrasil in Paris.
Now let's take a dump in my regular small-sized lavatory without hurting my neighbour's ears.

Ali

Jan 9, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #9,685 of 149,685

Yggdrasil is the most Uber, and will get kept there.

It's like saying, "I want to add 1 to infinity."
smile_phones.gif

You got it.  It becomes the new infinity.....   
L3000.gif

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #9,687 of 149,685
Tyll reporting on Day 3 at the Venetian thinks that the Traditional High-End Rooms number only about 33% of past years.  He goes further to suggest that Traditional High-End has finally discovered the 21st Century.

Bout Time, methinks. But I'm a Car guy who's Industry does $20 Billion in Audio that went 21st Century in 1999. ( not that any of it went into my pockets )

Peeing in the Front Yard?  Professor Baldr must live in a Biker Clubhouse. My wife would be calling her attorney if she thought I was doing that sort of thing. ( I wonder if I could bunk-up with that Baldr bunch?, that'd be one hell of a vacation ).

Tony in Michigan 

Jan 9, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #9,688 of 149,685
I listened to the two new Technics systems at T.H.E. Show Newport Beach this past summer, and they were good.  I don't know if that's the biggest thing, but it's certainly significant, and it's awesome to see them back.  Another product of note are the new Andrew Jones designed ELAC America Debut series of loudspeakers, which are some of the best if not the best budget boxes that I've ever heard.  Schiit's multibit products definitely deserve mention in this category as well though.

Must. See. Andrew Jones new speakers!

Seriously though, any links?

Jan 9, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #9,689 of 149,685
It sounds like you live the way I grew up. The house was on our old sawmill site. 75 acres, none of it farm land. Three-wheelers, snowmobiles, and of course logging for firewood every late summer/fall.

I was doing some work for Bosch Automotive near the Schwarzwald (Black Forest) about 10 years back. Used to go to work at 6 AM, finish by 3 PM, go biking till 7, then drink lots of beer (Bitterbier) till 11. Every single day. Then do 20 mile treks every weekend. The best single 3 years of my life!! No TV, movies. Just outside all the time. Treks, beer and concerts. Basically spoiled cities for me.

Jan 9, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #9,690 of 149,685
Must. See. Andrew Jones new speakers!

Seriously though, any links?

I saw this recently.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/manufacture/0915/Andrew_Jones_Elac_Article.htm

Sorry to be off topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back