Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 24, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #89,896 of 155,168
Ordered a Fulla E from Amazon the other day since the HEL 2 died and had to go back to the mothership and I needed something to be able to make calls with etc... I know Amazon is looked down upon here, but it ended up being less than direct with 2 day shipping and showed up in the same amount of time.

So far Fulla E seems to be a good little fill in and it will be nice to have a fall back device if it happens again since this is the 2nd HEL I've had fail, the first was a HEL 1 that lasted a little over a year, HEL 2 didn't quite make it to a year.
It be interesting to find our the sonic differences between the HEL 2 and HEL 2e

Mar 24, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #89,899 of 155,168
Ordered a Fulla E from Amazon the other day since the HEL 2 died and had to go back to the mothership and I needed something to be able to make calls with etc... I know Amazon is looked down upon here, but it ended up being less than direct with 2 day shipping and showed up in the same amount of time.

So far Fulla E seems to be a good little fill in and it will be nice to have a fall back device if it happens again since this is the 2nd HEL I've had fail, the first was a HEL 1 that lasted a little over a year, HEL 2 didn't quite make it to a year.

Ummmmmmm…. Hel comes with a 2 year warranty….

https://www.schiit.com/products/hel-1

Mar 24, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #89,901 of 155,168
My wife is busy making dog bowls as I repair an audio card in my main computer. @bcowen is probably staring at the tubes in the background but those are um empty boxes, yeah that’s it.😜BBDDB734-E863-4F25-9DB2-7CD4C19D96E7.jpeg
I recognize the sloppy penmanship on some of those boxes. :laughing:

I was actually admiring your wife's artistry, but surely she knows that's much too nice for @Ripper2860 's dinner table? :thinking:

Mar 24, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #89,903 of 155,168

I was actually admiring your wife's artistry, but surely she knows that's much too nice for @Ripper2860 's dinner table? :thinking:
I am not sure a trough can be fashioned on a potters wheel but I will ask later.🙂

I should not talk though, I made a bit of a mess on a table with queso tonight at a Mexican restaurant. I formed an arrow with dollar bills pointing to said mess.😜

Mar 24, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #89,904 of 155,168
As of today I am officially retired. I should be able to get the Member of the Trade removed from my name. I can either contact the Mods to inform them or cause enough trouble that they find me.😎
Congratulations Tom! Enjoy your hard earned freedom.

I'm getting close but I don't think I can avoid boredom yet so I will probably just cut to 4 days a week, then 3 and see how that goes.

Mar 24, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #89,905 of 155,168
As of today I am officially retired. I should be able to get the Member of the Trade removed from my name. I can either contact the Mods to inform them or cause enough trouble that they find me.😎
A man such as your self should be easy to find but the truth is they are rare. I say to you in truth the world could use more like you. You are a good man and that being not only here but beyond this place, which is to say the real world. Please give my best to your family.

Mar 24, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #89,906 of 155,168

If he can make amplifier cases from cardboard for you, she can make bowls out of something suitable for @Ripper2860.

Mar 24, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #89,907 of 155,168
If he can make amplifier cases from cardboard for you, she can make bowls out of something suitable for @Ripper2860.
😂

I don't know much about pottery, but I'm pretty sure sewer sludge doesn't harden properly in a kiln. 🤔

Mar 24, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #89,908 of 155,168
😂

I don't know much about pottery, but I'm pretty sure sewer sludge doesn't harden properly in a kiln. 🤔
If the sludge is made from NC BBQ ...

Oh, never mind.

Mar 24, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #89,909 of 155,168
If the sludge is made from NC BBQ ...

Oh, never mind.
Texas Tech is playing Duke right now. Is it considered rude to want both teams to lose? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mar 24, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #89,910 of 155,168
Just bought a pair of DW IIs from Zu. Gentlly used, full warrantee in black hickory. And here I thought I had missed out on DWs. Just happened to look at their ready to ship pile and there they were, waiting just for me. Now I suppose I will need to upgrade from a Vidar to an Aegir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back