Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 2, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #88,037 of 149,711
Wx.jpeg

JC

Feb 2, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #88,038 of 149,711
lol I lived at 10,000' in Colorado from grades 1-6. Not unusual to have 18-20" of new snow on a fairly regular basis. Mom married a Texan and we moved to TX where I've lived since. Our first winter here, 7th grade for me, the news announced that school was closed for something known as "a snow day". I had to ask what a snow day was (is).

You wouldn't believe the pandemonium with 1/4" snow in the forecast.

snow.png

From the news just now -

Snow.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #88,039 of 149,711
LOL! But the fine print for Southerners got blanked out somehow: "Race to your nearest grocery store and buy a three-month supply of food to assure you won't starve before the snow melts tomorrow afternoon." :laughing:

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #88,040 of 149,711
lol I lived at 10,000' in Colorado from grades 1-6. Not unusual to have 18-20" of new snow on a fairly regular basis. Mom married a Texan and we moved to TX where I've lived since. Our first winter here, 7th grade for me, the news announced that school was closed for something known as "a snow day". I had to ask what a snow day was (is).

Ha!

Yeah...went through several multi-week training classes in the Dallas area when I graduated from school.

The group of guys I went through training with were from MN, CO, and upstate NY. We got quite a kick out of watching the chaos when a dusting or worse yet...ICE covered the roads.

It always amazed me how many rear-wheel drive pickup trucks were on the roads down there in the winter...many with no sandbags in the bed!

Northern Driver having some fun!

way subaru GIF

Pickup driver 'out of his element' :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #88,042 of 149,711
Work got delayed today with a big snowstorm. Turned on the Lyr 3 for the first time in a while and plugged in the Aeolus. I probably need to invest in a better tube but I still enjoy the amp now and then.

Conversely my better 6sn7 arrived today and I am patiently waiting for my Lyr 3.

A few more weeks to go.

Andrew
If you two were neighbors...

Feb 2, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #88,043 of 149,711
A Texas spring shower is equivalent to a MN or ND snowmageddon. I can drive in ice and snow as I am a transplant, but Texas natives struggle with dew on a highway. 😄

Feb 2, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #88,044 of 149,711
Feb 2, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #88,046 of 149,711

snow.png

From the news just now -

Snow.jpg
It IS a 4-letter word in many parts of the world…

Feb 2, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #88,047 of 149,711
Update on Fok-Yu.
She has singing lessons.

Our beloved pooch is closing in on 17 years old now. He is a Labratard and we all love him dearly. When he is gone, my wife has said that is it. No more as it is too much to bear the loss of such a friend. When our kittehs passed on that was it, no more cats...

As I have said before, it is fitting that the animal that loves us the most unconditionally is the one whose "name" is God spelled backwards.

Beautiful kitteh you have, my friend. May her nine lives fill your one with pure joy.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 11:59 PM Post #88,048 of 149,711
Feb 3, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #88,049 of 149,711
So I live close to the US/Canadian border in the MN/ND area.

We got dumped on for what felt like the umpteenth time yesterday. Rain started Monday night, turned to snow and wind. 3 ft drifts in driveway, snow is waist to chest high in my yard. Ive been in Texas, in Laredo, when it snows. Its fun to see how people react when you are used to it 6 mo a year.

Wish I could go visit @Ripper2860, bring a lawn chair, some popcorn, and a six pack, just to catch some sun and watch the show.

All jokes aside, here's my unsolicited advice on crap weather....stay home unless you actually need to go out. Pizza and/or people watching doesn't count.

A few years ago a family from Winnipeg was traveling through my area in a storm. They were on their way to Minneapolis for some event. They either hit, or were hit by a semi truck near my town...I saw their vehicle parked at the local gas station after the accident. It was rough (likely totaled). No injuries though. An employee at the store told me they were waiting for friends or family to bring them a second vehicle from Winnipeg to continue their journey. All I could do was say what the F and shake my head.... They made it about 30 miles in the replacement vehicle before they got in another accident... The second one had fatalities, some of them children, and many injuries.... I dont remember what they were trying to attend in Minneapolis, but I want to say it was entertainment, tickets to something....

Stay safe folks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back