Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 29, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #88,006 of 149,726
Rap, hip-hop, country, death metal, opera, trip-hop, blues, trad jazz, prog rock, folk, industrial electronica, etc. etc. etc... it's all just music. None of them are better nor worse than any other, but most of us have taste preferences for which we choose to listen to. That's all. And tastes may change, grow, evolve.... Anything else is silliness or bigotry.

Jan 29, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #88,007 of 149,726
Rap, hip-hop, country, death metal, opera, trip-hop, blues, trad jazz, prog rock, folk, industrial electronica, etc. etc. etc... it's all just music. None of them are better nor worse than any other, but most of us have taste preferences for which we choose to listen to. That's all. And tastes may change, grow, evolve.... Anything else is silliness or bigotry.
THIS! YES!

Jan 29, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #88,009 of 149,726
Just returned home from Narnes & Boble with vinyl! CCR's double album "Chronicle- The Greatest Hits"! 'Tis upon the turning table as I write this. Virginia is for Lovers. And Vinyl is for Toads...Or any one really.

:beerchug:

Boy that stirs some memories. "Who'll stop the rain" and "Heard it through the grapevine" and "Put a spell on you." Staples of a misspent youth. 😂

Jan 29, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #88,011 of 149,726
If you had fun and didn't hurt anyone, was it really misspent?

Just asking for a friend...
That's what my Dad told me. Repeatedly. So tell your friend I just assumed it was true. 🤣😂

Jan 29, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #88,012 of 149,726
Boy that stirs some memories. "Who'll stop the rain" and "Heard it through the grapevine" and "Put a spell on you." Staples of a misspent youth. 😂
I spent much of my "youth" listening to traditional Jazz, Pop Vocalists (Sinatra and Ella are my top two!) and some Blues. My mom liked the Blues. Little Cashew girl going to listen to the Blues in St. Louis. My dad? Big fan of Hank Sr. and Patsy Cline (as am I thanks to him!) Oh...And lots of the so-called "beautiful music" format, i.e., "elevator music". 101 Strings does Led Zeppelin. I listen to The Spa and Escape on SiriusXM too.

I have a fooking sense of humor ALERT!!!! But...I do NOT consider disliking some thing to be either "ridiculous" nor "bigotry" any more than I do consider liking them to "ridiculous" or "bigotry". Some wouild label any thing that way in a vainglorious effort to discredit another's word. I just do not care for that stuff. If some here think the same about my choices in music, BFD. It does not harm me in the least.

But then toads do not melt.

Jan 30, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #88,013 of 149,726
I turned mom onto rap by giving her the lyrics to Dear Momma by 2 Pac.
My general dislike of rap means I miss out on songs like this. I like this kind of stuff: there likely aren't (well, OK, weren't in Tupac Shakur's case) two people more different than Tupac S. and me, but there is a lot in those lyrics most of us have in common, including he and I.

Jan 30, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #88,014 of 149,726
Jan 30, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #88,015 of 149,726
How about rows upon rows of op amps? :ksc75smile:

The Klark Teknik DN27(A) 1/3 octave EQ only had 3 op amps in it. It had inductor-capacitor filter networks 1/3 octave apart, each tied to a slide pot. Balanced I/O was handled by transformers as an optional extra $$. The op amps were TDA1034 (5534), which at the time was the best audio grade monolithic op amp you could buy. For the day, they were top shelf stuff. I had a rack of them in a monitor rig I toured with.

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #88,016 of 149,726
I received my Lokius this morning and have it plugged in.
In Bypass mode it adds/subtracts nothing.
In Process mode it does exactly what's advertised.
What's not to like?
Easiest $300 I've ever spent on HiFi. :)
Thank for that.... I have been contemplating the Lokius, so your insights are valuable to me as I know I'm not getting a "review" :relaxed:

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #88,017 of 149,726
Today I was working away listening to Spotify with my Grado SR325X on the Modius/Asgard 3 combo
Curious....
Do you EQ the SR325s at all? I have recently picked up a pair of Grado GH3, and have investigated EQing them using equaliserAPO. I haven't got an exact response curve for the GH3 but close enough with a Grado Hemp curve from https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets

Made a huge difference to my enjoyment of the GH3. I have now also EQ'd my HD6XX, with again a huge gain in enjoyment for me.

Seriously considering a Lokius now.

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #88,018 of 149,726
Curious....
Do you EQ the SR325s at all? I have recently picked up a pair of Grado GH3, and have investigated EQing them using equaliserAPO. I haven't got an exact response curve for the GH3 but close enough with a Grado Hemp curve from https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets

Made a huge difference to my enjoyment of the GH3. I have now also EQ'd my HD6XX, with again a huge gain in enjoyment for me.

Seriously considering a Lokius now.
Personally I do not use EQ as I enjoy the different "flavors" with my collection of headphones. I currently switch between 5 headphones and three amps on my rig at any given time as the mood/music strikes me.

Jan 31, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #88,019 of 149,726
Memorable concerts at Paradiso for me were:
- Primus
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Would have liked Nick Cave for sure.
I clearly remember seeing a friend stage diving, after almost falling in the drum kit, during Knives of Therapy? ! Not really my music but enjoyed the concert very much crazy young times

Jan 31, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #88,020 of 149,726

Users who are viewing this thread

Back