Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 17, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #87,557 of 150,786
How do you best pour a powder?

Oh, wait...you meant Coca-Cola. Sorry. My bust. :sweat_smile:
If you can still get the original 1892 recipe of Coca Cola in NC, that explains why you stay.

Jan 17, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #87,559 of 150,786
All the mystery, why do I get the impression Jason's releasing a class D amplifier of all things?

"Traded in his records for a hard drive o'flac ac ac ac ac you have the tunes by now."
riff on "Movin' out - Anthony's song" ? Ha! I was listening to The Stranger just now! Bravo.

Jan 17, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #87,560 of 150,786
Hey @Les Strat , thanks for the welcome, and for your thoughts. I will definitely look at the Urd, but I'm a lot more interested in a pair of Tyrs... <g>

[p.s. thanks to both you and @tincanear for setting me right, gently, on @Baldr 's actual handle. #mea culpa]

I think that it's possible that my overall fascination with the Auralic USB -> Unison input was purely technical. I read something (here on Head-fi, I believe) and the next thing I know, my not-inexpensive AEC/EBU cable (and the associated interfaces in the Auralic, and in the Yggy) were no good any more. Ridiculous, right? Welcome to "My life in audio, year 50".

What did you replace the Aries G2 with? Or did it lose out to your incumbent streamer?

I have switched back to the AES balanced interface; system is on downstairs and I'm up in my office, 180 degrees off axis or worse... and wow, does it sound good!

I'm going to go enjoy some music. Thanks for that thought! /Don
My pleasure @dstrimbu

The Auralic Aries G2 'lost out' to my incumbent streamer.

Don't get me wrong; the Aries G2 is an excellent streamer, but to my ears, any 'improvement' was subtle, at best.

With the USB output from Aries G2, I definitely preferred my existing streamer, using its BNC output into Yggy.

Using the AES output from Aries G2 into Yggy, it was close, but I am not sure that I could separate them in a blind listening test, so I simply couldn't justify the cost.

I nearly got my head blown off on this forum a while back, when I compared my old, incumbent streamer with an Aries G2, so I won't even mention its name :beyersmile:

I wasn't passing judgment; simply reporting my impressions.

Others may think that the Aries G2 trumps almost any other streamer on the market, and that's fine with me.
I know that many reviewers and owners love it, and also the Aries G1.

Have you gone back to AES permanently?

Jan 17, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #87,561 of 150,786
It's just physics: in theory/mathematics heat transfer .....

Just do as it suits you best - if you hear a difference, don't want to do the reach-around or have an OCD, leave it on. If not - save some money on electricity.

Edited to add a convergency diagram.
I saw that! Almost flew by undetected.

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #87,562 of 150,786
I nearly got my head blown off on this forum a while back, when I compared my old, incumbent streamer with an Aries G2, so I won't even mention its name :beyersmile:

I wasn't passing judgment; simply reporting my impressions.
And this is by far the most tolerant forum I have stumbled across.

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #87,563 of 150,786
And this is by far the most tolerant forum I have stumbled across.
Absolutely, for the most part people are kind to others. If I see a topic that does not interest me one will soon roll around that might.

If I may transgress into music for the moment, over the weekend I went back through some of the Austin City Limits episodes and started listening to more and more Texas Swing. Asleep at the Wheel has made like 800 appearances so I assume they are like a house band. I ran some of their music through a headphone system and the sound stage on their recorded albums was incredible as were the musicians.

Ok let the hating begin but I like it lol.

Jan 17, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #87,564 of 150,786
Absolutely, for the most part people are kind to others. If I see a topic that does not interest me one will soon roll around that might.

If I may transgress into music for the moment, over the weekend I went back through some of the Austin City Limits episodes and started listening to more and more Texas Swing. Asleep at the Wheel has made like 800 appearances so I assume they are like a house band. I ran some of their music through a headphone system and the sound stage on their recorded albums was incredible as were the musicians.

Ok let the hating begin but I like it lol.

CD - Best of Asleep at the Wheel - ordered for $3.44, free shipping, Very Good Condition, benefits charity. I generally avoid "Best Of" but this will be my intro. If they draw me in I will seek out their iconic discs.

Jan 17, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #87,565 of 150,786
CD - Best of Asleep at the Wheel - ordered for $3.44, free shipping, Very Good Condition, benefits charity. I generally avoid "Best Of" but this will be my intro. If they draw me in I will seek out their iconic discs.
Listening to it now via Qobuz. Chose to start with Bump Bounce Boogie just because I liked the title. This is seriously good. If the rest of the tunes on here are half as fun I'll have to buy a CD copy.

Jan 17, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #87,566 of 150,786
All the mystery, why do I get the impression Jason's releasing a class D amplifier of all things?

Nope. Hard nope.

To forestall the inevitable fight: Class D may be for others, but it is not for us. It is that simple. If you want/like Class D, there are plenty of other products out there.

This is entirely akin to:

MQA may be for others, but it is not for us. It is that simple. If you want MQA, there are plenty of other products out there.

Gasoline-powered cars may be for others, but they are not for us. It is that simple. If you want gas-powered cars, there are plenty of other products out there.

Clear?

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 17, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #87,567 of 150,786
Loki Mini+ gets a good write-up the TAS by REG.

Inspires me to ask Schiit for a reasonably priced crossover. I would offer to change @Jason Stoddard 's 'Vette's oil for a year in exchange but (1) do they still need that and (2) I suck at manual labor...

Jan 17, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #87,570 of 150,786
Nope. Hard nope.

To forestall the inevitable fight: Class D may be for others, but it is not for us. It is that simple. If you want/like Class D, there are plenty of other products out there.

This is entirely akin to:

MQA may be for others, but it is not for us. It is that simple. If you want MQA, there are plenty of other products out there.

Gasoline-powered cars may be for others, but they are not for us. It is that simple. If you want gas-powered cars, there are plenty of other products out there.

Clear?
Seems like Jason is giving us the Andrew Garfield here... Just sayin.
( sarcasm on full display)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back