Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 6, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #83,866 of 150,555
zm7djxf7h0y71.jpg

Nov 7, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #83,867 of 150,555
ROFL! I'm not sure if I feel bad for the alcoholics that don't have a subwoofer, or the ones that do that listen in mono. :laughing:

Nov 7, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #83,869 of 150,555
You might be taking what I write around here a liiiiiiittle too serious sometimes, guys. :sunglasses:
I know, not fair. Let's do this again.
I know you're not serious but look at the wise Fok-Yu and you know were my comments come from.
Edit: This is me at my Sundays best lounging in bed with coffee, books and sensei Fok-Yu.
She is the successor of the her majesty Constanza who passed away half a year ago at 22yo.

P&Y1.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #83,870 of 150,555
I know, not fair. Let's do this again.
I know you're not serious but look at the wise Fok-Yu and you know were my comments come from.
Edit: This is me at my Sundays best lounging in bed with coffee, books and sensei Fok-Yu.
She is the successor of the her majesty Constanza who passed away half a year ago at 22yo.

P&Y1.jpg
I respect the hair, the boobs, uhm, I mean, the art, and the cat, dear sir.
In ascending order, obviously. :grin:

And f#c& me running, 22 years… Those are some serious paws for her royal magnificence Fok-Yu-san to fill. :astonished:

Nov 7, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #83,872 of 150,555
I want something which sounds like this:
avalon isis.jpg

In a cabinet this size:
zu dw.jpg

The Laws of Physics are just guidelines, right?

Nov 7, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #83,873 of 150,555
OPPO is still supporting the players. Something like around a c-note to fix.
OPPO does, indeed, support their old players, $99 which supposedly includes return shipping. Since it cost my triple what it would have cost less than two years ago to ship it yesterday, I expect I'll get another invoice from OPPO in another couple of weeks. This a absolutely not a complaint about OPPO, kudos to them for continuing to support years-old gear which they don't even sell anymore. I'm more griping about bigger things.

Nov 7, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #83,874 of 150,555
OPPO does, indeed, support their old players, $99 which supposedly includes return shipping. Since it cost my triple what it would have cost less than two years ago to ship it yesterday, I expect I'll get another invoice from OPPO in another couple of weeks. This a absolutely not a complaint about OPPO, kudos to them for continuing to support years-old gear which they don't even sell anymore. I'm more griping about bigger things.
OPPO is about the only Chinese gear I own other than a couple headphone amps I paid little for. I have the PM-1 headphones and an HA-2 headphone amp. I have never owned one of their cd or dvd devices but I have generally heard positive things about them.

Nov 7, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #83,876 of 150,555
I want something which sounds like this:
avalon isis.jpg

In a cabinet this size:
zu dw.jpg

high_end_audio_turntable_review_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_2021_2022_2023_-1.jpg

Ken-Fritz-audio-system.jpg

I am more apt to go with the Ken Fritz audio system that is in Virginia I do believe. His house is designed around a concert hall in Japan. And he built a lot of it himself.
My wife is pretty understanding but not this understanding so there is no reason to want something like it. :ksc75smile:

https://www.wtvr.com/i-have-a-story/worlds-greatest-stereo-system-virginia

Nov 7, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #83,877 of 150,555
Those speakers in the lower photograph are gorgeous! That probably means I can never afford them but all the same, what is the brand and name, please?

PRT

Those are Zu Omen II or Zu Omen Dirty Weekend in it looks like Rustic Hickory finish. You can find them at zuadio.com. The Omen Dirty Weekend are surprisingly affordable ($1200 a pair) when they go on sale (they take orders for them twice a year or so) and as I recall the Rustic Hickory is not an upcharge finish.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #83,878 of 150,555
I remember hearing the Druids at Axpona a few years ago and was very impressed. They reminded me of PA speakers but without sounding overly bright. Sadly the price made them unobtainable. If I wasn’t already set for speakers I would go for either the DW or the cubes.

Nov 7, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #83,879 of 150,555
high_end_audio_turntable_review_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_2021_2022_2023_-1.jpg

Ken-Fritz-audio-system.jpg

I am more apt to go with the Ken Fritz audio system that is in Virginia I do believe. His house is designed around a concert hall in Japan. And he built a lot of it himself.
My wife is pretty understanding but not this understanding so there is no reason to want something like it. :ksc75smile:

https://www.wtvr.com/i-have-a-story/worlds-greatest-stereo-system-virginia
Dude's gonna have to spend half the day changing all those clocks for daylight savings time.

My wife wouldn't go for it either. Imagine all the vacuuming and dusting she'd have to do...
:laughing:

Nov 7, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #83,880 of 150,555
They only apply to the science crowd. Those of us that can't even spell science are unhindered by such limitations. :laughing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back