Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 21, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #83,146 of 150,843
Last night I got a few 24 bit Pink Floyd albums from HdTracks including a newly listed Dark Side of the Moon. Luckily my wife is out shopping so I am able to try the albums on speaker as well as a couple headphone systems, so far I am impressed.
Just received and email from Qobuz saying Pink Floyd was available at 24/96. DSoTM sounds nice! :L3000:

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #83,147 of 150,843
Maybe two sines of different frequencies interfering? :thinking:
The interference caused from multiple sine waves of different frequencies happening simultaneously is often called "music."

Oct 21, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #83,148 of 150,843
I own it but did not download a new version. I will have to look for The Division Bell, another favorite.
Exactly. I own / have owned everything. Paying for high-res won't be for all albums.
eg no reason for hi-res "Piper At the Gates of Dawn" -- IMHO.
Will re-listen to Ummagumma.
(Interesting to read about as I am work Zooming -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ummagumma)

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #83,152 of 150,843
The film version of "DUNE" made in the early 80s was too weird for me. It was the cinematic equivalent of a gigantic and totally unexpected fur ball from a trusted family pet being hurled in to your bowl of Cheerios. Never watched it again. I became hooked on Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series of books but stopped around the 8th book as it just seemed to do nothing but drag on and on and...well. On.

I watched the films' trailer on Amazon and am uncertain I will watch their adaptation for my own reasons. Ugh. At least it is not going to be "Peter Jackson's...Wheel of Misfortune" or at least that is but one of my many "fears" regarding the "Wheel of Time" series. Jackson is a fine director.

That and I still call the Aes Sedai the "Aeicie Bears" in homage to my younger brother.
I can be quite the prude and usually wind up doing the ol' FF for scenes that would have been given "the dirtier the scene, the darker the screne" treatment. "Penny Dreadful" was FF'd a LOT. "Doom Patrol" far less. Never watched any "Game of Thrones". No thanks. I tried to watch "Stranger Things". Did not make it past the first or second episode. I just watched the Criterion Edition of "Pygmalion". Yup. I am old. :L3000:

It is the same with music. Yes, I know that older people have been saying their music was better than what the current generation listens to for decades now. Well. This time they are correct. :beerchug: I pretty much despise cRap and Hippity Hoppity music. New country is "Hick Hop".

Ahhhhhhhh...Thus endeth Thee Rant of Thee Toade for today.

Oct 21, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #83,153 of 150,843
DSOTM is playing right now. Loving it.... Working well with Zen Stream/Bifrost2/Saga S/Vidar/Dynaudio Excite X14 combo. Soundstage is huge and the little details I am getting that I haven't really appreciated before are making this very enjoyable. If only I didn't have to go back to work after lunch!

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #83,155 of 150,843
It is the same with music. Yes, I know that older people have been saying their music was better than what the current generation listens to for decades now. Well. This time they are correct. :beerchug: I pretty much despise cRap and Hippity Hoppity music. New country is "Hick Hop".

Ahhhhhhhh...Thus endeth Thee Rant of Thee Toade for today.

Different generations, different music styles. No big deal, it is what it is and there is nothing anyone has to defend with regard with their choices in music. A lot of today’s music, to me, sounds like it’s meant for dance clubs and the like with that steady thump, thump, and thump of electronically generated / enhanced bass.

As I look forward to double knee replacement next year my “Dancing Days” are so far back in my rear view mirror even a magnifying glass won’t help reveal them. The only dancing I do anymore is in the men’s room at the Kimmel Center before a classical concert is about to begin while I’m waiting for a urinal to become available.

And, as I’ve said before, music genre choices and equipment choices can put us miles apart when discussing sound qualities of any equipment and how they enhance or detract (and satisfy or not), from the sonic picture with our chosen music.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #83,158 of 150,843
Oct 21, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #83,159 of 150,843
Just noticed the IEMagni is not listed on the Shiit website. Does anyone know why?
Not sure what IEMagni is, but the Magni 3+ and Magni Heresy are on the Schiit web site.

Oct 21, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #83,160 of 150,843
IEMagni is/was their Magni designed specifically to pair well with low impedance and ultra sensitive IEMs. I believe it offered 3 gain levels. It is/was the first product designed at the CC Texas location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back