Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 16, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #82,907 of 150,551
Black, Dark Black, and Light Black maybe? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Ha. A few years ago we were having our patio floor re-done and the wife and I were at the tile store doing what one does at the tile store.

Thinking that I was helping, I suggested that all the tiles we were looking at were beige, beiger and beigest (take that, spellcheck) and that it would be best if she just chose a 'color'.

Needless to say my punishment was an extra hour at the tile store.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #82,908 of 150,551
I have silver but occasionally I will match things like a Hel.4DE11C2D-4A04-4DA4-8DFC-8FF8A88C9C46.jpeg
Wait... Have we seen the VU meters in what looks like a modded Asgard enclosure? I seem to remember VU meters in a Schiit enclosure but I don't remember the red.
Either way, I like!

Oct 16, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #82,909 of 150,551
Not true. It flew very well, both the original and the Delmar Benjamin (the pilot in this shot) recreation.
My bad. It's just when I saw the original post, the Gee Bee popped into mind. She flew well but apparently was a real handful.
Cheers and All the Best! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Oct 16, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #82,910 of 150,551
Great. Now all silver Schiit will become collectible and there will be a run on all silver items. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I always figured I would pick up a Ragnarok one day. Maybe I need a silver one now. Hahah.

Oct 16, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #82,911 of 150,551
Wait... Have we seen the VU meters in what looks like a modded Asgard enclosure? I seem to remember VU meters in a Schiit enclosure but I don't remember the red.
Either way, I like!
It is something I made, I had devices that size so I list copied the dimensions and tried to match colors to the Hel. I can work with metal but prefer hardwoods. 71B28A42-A700-469D-8B50-EB9D51C43979.jpeg

And copper.9BAC744C-DAAD-4653-82D4-FB671BFA67DF.jpeg

Finnegan tries to help.😀

Oct 16, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #82,912 of 150,551
Ha. A few years ago we were having our patio floor re-done and the wife and I were at the tile store doing what one does at the tile store.

Thinking that I was helping, I suggested that all the tiles we were looking at were beige, beiger and beigest (take that, spellcheck) and that it would be best if she just chose a 'color'.

Needless to say my punishment was an extra hour at the tile store.
Ouch! That's harsh. A prime example of the punishment being exponentially worse than the crime. :sweat_smile:

Oct 16, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #82,913 of 150,551
instead of a brushed finished aluminum, how about bead blasting using a conveyor to impart a directionality or grain to the finish?
For several decades now I have been raising "free range" Brownies in our backyard. They are Scottish Faeries and through care full inbreeding along with some DNA borrowed from hair samples of one of the Worlds' greatest Arteests, couple with forced viewing of his (Bob Ross) shows, I have succeeded in producing a fiercely loyal batch of big eared, afro-hair sporting, hard working, music loving Faeries that just love to paint with a more than discernable directionality, any thing you ask them to paint.

And since they are "free range" they are happy little Faeries. And better still, with the inclusion of R-DNA (Ross-DNA) these little fellows are eternally oblivious to anything except what you tell them to do.

Yup!

Oct 16, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #82,914 of 150,551
It is something I made, I had devices that size so I list copied the dimensions and tried to match colors to the Hel. I can work with metal but prefer hardwoods.71B28A42-A700-469D-8B50-EB9D51C43979.jpeg

And copper.9BAC744C-DAAD-4653-82D4-FB671BFA67DF.jpeg

Finnegan tries to help.😀
He's looking for a tube to knock on the floor. Appears he has the top shelf pretty well cleaned off. :sweat_smile:

Oct 16, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #82,916 of 150,551
He's looking for a tube to knock on the floor. Appears he has the top shelf pretty well cleaned off. :sweat_smile:
I keep giving him GE tubes I collected for a bet with you but he prefers power tubes now.😺😺

Oct 16, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #82,917 of 150,551
I keep giving him GE tubes I collected for a bet with you but he prefers power tubes now.😺😺
Power tubes have a louder and more distinctive sound when they shatter. Finnegan is obviously going after the aural thrill. :laughing:

Oct 16, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #82,918 of 150,551
Schiit N Music
Story / Saturday Night continued; months later.
Same story, different verse.

The brushed aluminum shall find a way to continue. 2muchstuff to change now.

My very cute granddaughter turned two August. Going on two years since we were together.
Hopefully December.
Had to pick up another bottle of Old Grand Dad (bonded 100 proof this time), announcement made that very cute granddaughter is going to be a big sister :)

Cardioversion failed, cardiac ablation successful. Four plus months with normal beats.
Persistent atrial fibrillation not cured; treated is more accurate. I am feeling good and able to be mostly “normal”.
Many question the normal part.

Lots of whole house music and speaker listening, great meals, little booze and such.
Lionel halloween train sets are setup and running.

Have stayed up to date here. Occasionally posting. This place has been a bright spot.
Pietro MIA for over a month. You out there? you OK? Did I miss something?

The baby schiit stack is up to date. The new Modi MB arrived a couple of weeks back which completed the “new version” stack.
Modi MB (current production) -> Loki Mini + -> Magni 3+ & Vali 2+
Purchased a used Bifrost MB to pair with displaced Lyr OG and Asgard 2. No specific plan for the stack. Most likely will be gifted.
Schiit purchase list is currently - Lyr 3, another Valhalla and the transport. Thinking sooner is good since finish must be brushed aluminum.

Ordered another batch of Russian tubes. They arrived safe and as described.

Jason you guys are still kicking butt and taking names. Talking new product is great.

Enjoy the Schiit N Music
Old and less busted,

r2

Oct 16, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #82,919 of 150,551
Schiit N Music

Jason you guys are still kicking butt and taking names. Talking new product is great.

Enjoy the Schiit N Music
Old and less busted,

r2
And these would be....6N8S's? Or are you pre-stashing Foton 6N6P's in anticipation of Folkvangr? :laughing:

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #82,920 of 150,551
Schiit N Music

The brushed aluminum shall find a way to continue. 2muchstuff to change now.

My very cute granddaughter turned two August. Going on two years since we were together.
Hopefully December.
Had to pick up another bottle of Old Grand Dad (bonded 100 proof this time), announcement made that very cute granddaughter is going to be a big sister :)

Cardioversion failed, cardiac ablation successful. Four plus months with normal beats.
Persistent atrial fibrillation not cured; treated is more accurate. I am feeling good and able to be mostly “normal”.
Many question the normal part.

Lots of whole house music and speaker listening, great meals, little booze and such.
Lionel halloween train sets are setup and running.

Have stayed up to date here. Occasionally posting. This place has been a bright spot.
Pietro MIA for over a month. You out there? you OK? Did I miss something?

The baby schiit stack is up to date. The new Modi MB arrived a couple of weeks back which completed the “new version” stack.
Modi MB (current production) -> Loki Mini + -> Magni 3+ & Vali 2+
Purchased a used Bifrost MB to pair with displaced Lyr OG and Asgard 2. No specific plan for the stack. Most likely will be gifted.
Schiit purchase list is currently - Lyr 3, another Valhalla and the transport. Thinking sooner is good since finish must be brushed aluminum.

Enjoy the Schiit N Music
Old and less busted,

r2
Which Russian tubes? While you would make @bcowen happy if you said Fotons I hope they are a little more exciting than those. :ksc75smile:

Drat Bill already had thoughts. :L3000:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back