Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 17, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #82,936 of 149,159
My bad. It's just when I saw the original post, the Gee Bee popped into mind. She flew well but apparently was a real handful.
Cheers and All the Best! :beerchug:
-HK sends
A friend has built a couple of the Granville's and is currently rebuilding the Lockheed Vega. He speaks highly of them.

Oct 17, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #82,937 of 149,159
Yeah, but some of the power supply experience doesn't carry over. Cooling equipment that weighs tons and needs megawatts of heat removed and are large enough to stand inside are a little different than consumer electronics.
Yeah, like @Jason Stoddard would really take electrical/ electronics advice from two known mechanical engineers. If he wasn't any smarter than that, Schiit would sound like, well, er...
:)

Oct 17, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #82,938 of 149,159
Yeah, like @Jason Stoddard would really take electrical/ electronics advice from two known mechanical engineers. If he wasn't any smarter than that, Schiit would sound like, well, er...
Shouldn't there be an air handler attachment? Call it Schiit Whoosh or Blow Me(tm) and back away slowly... 😂

Oct 17, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #82,939 of 149,159
Shouldn't there be an air handler attachment? Call it Schiit Whoosh or Blow Me(tm) and back away slowly... 😂
If he let either @filthy mechanical or me design the power supply it would absolutely need an air handler to evacuate the smoke after somebody turned it on. The air handler would absolutely work, but the power switch would be on the front, so, no again.

Oct 17, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #82,940 of 149,159
If he let either @filthy mechanical or me design the power supply it would absolutely need an air handler to evacuate the smoke after somebody turned it on. The air handler would absolutely work, but the power switch would be on the front, so, no again.
Nah, would just sub it out to Siemens, Tamini, or ABB like the rest of the electrical gear at work. As smooth as the power would be, I doubt one of these (except bigger but still less than a milliHenry, and ABB likes rectangles to Brar's hexagons) is needed.

Oct 17, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #82,942 of 149,159
I was thinking that a few days ago too. Pietro???
Hi guys, sorry for being out so long.
My old bosses at DWB (doctors without borders) found out they could guilt and manipulate me training doctors going into heavy duty, without paying me.
So there I am. Brushing up my best pashto and teaching hi emergency amputations.......
Of course I listen to music too. Like this one:
I'll try to be here more often.
I think you need a serious thinking someone here now and again.

Oct 17, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #82,947 of 149,159
Anyone know what I can expect from a new Schiit-product release?
Usually you can expect a new product that gets posted on their web site for sale. Often Jason will write a chapter here describing the development process or the technical reason or design philosophy underlying the products reason for existence, or at least there will be a mention that the new product is now available and why it may or may not be the greatest thing since sliced bread. What else do you think you might you expect?

Oct 17, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #82,948 of 149,159
I was assuming the person who first brought this up was thinking more along the lines of water-cooling etc technologies that are used in turbo-charged or no-noise personal computers, rather than industrial-scale solutions.

But then again, thinking outside the box can be an excellent way of making clever things happen inside the box.

Oct 17, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #82,949 of 149,159
Oct 17, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #82,950 of 149,159
I was assuming the person who first brought this up was thinking more along the lines of water-cooling etc technologies that are used in turbo-charged or no-noise personal computers, rather than industrial-scale solutions.

But then again, thinking outside the box can be an excellent way of making clever things happen inside the box.
Yep, familiar with industrial scale - doubt anyone wants or needs a 54" water pipe, or cooling towers 20m tall, 720 m2 floor space for personal electronics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back