Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 10, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #7,667 of 150,898
Mr. t-
That's actually tres kool, concocting a megasoup for your social outlets.  Everyone should dabble in developing their own trademark dish over the years, even if it's only breakfast, and it generally starts with springboarding off a standard entrée as base.  I customize my pho with lobster tail chunks (cheap this year), extra basil and lime, and a couple three healthy dollops of habanero salsa.  Makes my eyes roll.

Asian noobie, eh?  Then you might eventually find out that the king of soups is actually a dumpling.  Xiao long bao (XLB), or Shanghai soup dumpling, and there's a technique to eating them so that you don't tear the skin prematurely and lose the soup inside before it can all explode in your mouth.  Worth road tripping for if you have to.

Quote:
I've been married for 5 decades and I still catch hell for being me!

Let me leave you with this last thought before the OT police shows up or Jason starts scrubbing this thread for being overly meandering:  The best defense is a good offense.

"Pity the fool."

Sep 10, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #7,668 of 150,898
Quote:Jason Stodgy
  Hell, I can summarize our subjective listening test regime in a few bullet points:

• We build a whatchamacallit.
  • If I built it, the cat listens to it. If Mike or Dave built it, the bats listen to it. (Can't have too much glorious treble)
  • The person who built it tweaks it a lot, with the help of instruments such as an analog multimeter and toothpick.
  • When we’re happy, we pass it off and build something else. We don’t say anything about how we think it sounds.  (Yes, I know, the subjectivists are sighing, thinking, ‘nonverbal cues, blah blah, woof woof. Plus, we haven't heard it yet)
    • As an alternative, we keep it for a wall object d'art. (Our walls are getting saturated with these pseudo-arty pieces of junk
  • We’ll see what each other thinks, have a good laugh, and repeat.
  • When we’ve all agreed it’s rubbish, we have a small panel of trusted armchair critics that let us know what they think. This may or may not result in fisticuffs and tearjerking
  • When our deaf circle of trusted listeners think it’s time for a new product, we randomly grab one of the pieces off the wall and it goes into production.

And yes, it’s that simple. No ABX, no automated/robotized tests, no blindfolds. Remember, this is subjective testing. Not objective, not even tested as all.

And, also yes, it seems to be working in spite of all the carping critics, nay-sayers and shills (who water down their snake oil) that are constantly telling us "That is not how P. T.Barnum would do it....!".

Amazing, and not a double blind test in sight.  Although it has me intrigued as to why you would get a couple of blind people to test a product which relies on hearing acuity.

Sep 10, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #7,670 of 150,898
Sep 10, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #7,671 of 150,898

Hey Mr.Jacal01,
Didn't Stoddard mention that they have a third designer?, I wonder if I was dreaming this or it was mentioned.

I just got a note to turn in my Phone when I return, new phones are being issued. Is the new iPhone out yet?, no-one here knows or seems to care.

Tony in Michigan

Sep 10, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #7,673 of 150,898
C'mon...the only Apple products worth talking about are --

http://www.apple.com/shop/accessories/all-accessories/audio-music#!&f=beats-headphone&fh=4597%2B3230%2B45f6

:wink:

Sep 10, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #7,674 of 150,898
Damn, is this what it's going to be like when I get to the retirement home
frown.gif

Sep 10, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #7,677 of 150,898
Since I hadn't read much about the process, I messaged schitt about upgrading my own bifrost when the multibit comes in since I live in Australia. Apparently they are trying to organise local dealers for upgrades to prevent people having to send stuff away, very cool!

Sep 10, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #7,678 of 150,898
Since I hadn't read much about the process, I messaged schitt about upgrading my own bifrost when the multibit comes in since I live in Australia. Apparently they are trying to organise local dealers for upgrades to prevent people having to send stuff away, very cool!

This is usually the case for outside the USA but in the USA, you generally send it back to Schiit HQ in California. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back