Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 13, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #73,262 of 155,132
So glad I found this thread!! Going to be reading all about it over the next few months.

Cudos to the man in blue. It's pretty cool you delve in your interest to share about a company and it's history!

As a new HiFi user (or at least in the last 6 months), I didn't know anything about Schiit until I joined here about a week ago.
Now it seems like such a good product to get for a very much affordable price. So I cannot wait to try it out!

Thanks for the opportunity to learn more about a company.

-Jesse

Mar 14, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #73,263 of 155,132
So glad I found this thread!! Going to be reading all about it over the next few months.

Cudos to the man in blue. It's pretty cool you delve in your interest to share about a company and it's history!

As a new HiFi user (or at least in the last 6 months), I didn't know anything about Schiit until I joined here about a week ago.
Now it seems like such a good product to get for a very much affordable price. So I cannot wait to try it out!

-Jesse
Welcome to this funky dive, the locals are mostly harmless although they get easily distracted by BBQ, cats, whisk(e)y, and silly political arguments. They need regular rations of Schiit wisdom (and best of all, new Schiit) to get back to normal for a little while.

Speaking of mostly harmless in an audio forum, the original BBC radiocast of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is worth every penny. I got mine as a CD boxset decades ago, a great listen for long flights (when we get back to doing that).

Mar 14, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #73,264 of 155,132
Adam Tooze, in a detailed discussion that all the banks were dead men walking, about to fall over when their true capital position became known:

How come Wells was had enough capital to buy a 3/4 trillion bank and still have enough capital to be considered "Well-Capitalized" by the OCC?

Something is wrong with that info.

Mar 14, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #73,265 of 155,132

-Jesse
Welcome to the party! I joined last year and have since bought 5 pieces of Schiit. And I want more!!!

Mar 14, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #73,266 of 155,132
How come Wells was had enough capital to buy a 3/4 trillion bank and still have enough capital to be considered "Well-Capitalized" by the OCC?

Something is wrong with that info.
Read the book if you want the details, Tooze is not some random but a preeminent financial historian. There was a big difference between how the OCC measured capitalization and the practical realities where counterparties were pulling out of long-standing expectations and arrangements that were critical to the operation of bank balance sheets.

Mar 14, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #73,267 of 155,132
Okay, Jason. Enjoying Texas? The allegory of your developing Loki is not dissimilar, I presume. I've been waiting for a microprocessor controlled equalizer for 40 years. I've been too busy, and not smart enough to do the engineering. I know your tantalizing suggestion of a modal frequency shift operant still remains unfulfilled, but I am still waiting. Put me on the Loki Max waiting list. It will be the first step if not the final stage. We are well past the point of human hearing differentiation for amplifiers, at least for most people, but for frequency shift, we're still waiting. And at my age, whatever clarity I might once have possessed is long since devolved. If I could have a device to (cheaply) vary auditory inputs to my brain, it would be most welcome. Thank you.

Mar 14, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #73,268 of 155,132

Welcome the thread. At the very least read through all of Jason's chapters, even if you skip over the 1,000's of pages of wit, wisdom and repartee that goes along with it!

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #73,269 of 155,132
Quick Question: I've recommended the 6xx to my buddy. He would be using a Vali + to drive them. From the Schiit website: "Maximum Power, 300 ohms: 400mW RMS per channel". I know good sound when I hear it, but have no clue about this sort of thing. Will he be able drive these comfortably with Vali and get the most out of these HP's?

Thanks Guys!

Leo
I use them with a Vali2 in low gain, and that plays perfectly!

Mar 14, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #73,270 of 155,132
you say calling names; i say defining 'conservative'
In Australia the "conservatives" are the "Liberals" defies definition

But seriously I wonder if the good folks at Shiit have considered building a headphone version of Vidar I think a headphone power amp and a Saga+ would make a great hybrid tube amp for low impedance headphones

Mar 14, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #73,271 of 155,132
In Australia the "conservatives" are the "Liberals" defies definition

But seriously I wonder if the good folks at Shiit have considered building a headphone version of Vidar I think a headphone power amp and a Saga+ would make a great hybrid tube amp for low impedance headphones
There are different types of "liberals" though. Conservatives tend to be economically liberal meaning they are against regulation etc of the financial markets and other money making activities. You also have neo-liberals but I am not sure I can describe them without expletives...

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #73,272 of 155,132

-Jesse
Welcome to the thread @Jessedavid4
Your status quo is about to be permanently rearranged...
Hope you're prepared for it :beyersmile:
Look forward to reading your posts.
Cheers
:beerchug:

Mar 14, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #73,273 of 155,132
Absolutely. The Vali will have no problem driving them and if the Vali 2+ is like the Vali 2 (which I have), it will sound awesome.
Thanks very much!
My oh my you cast a wide net when you start calling names.
There seems to be a lack of tolerance for diversity of ideas by some of our more progressive friends. Diverse ideas and discussion are good in my opinion....

Mar 14, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #73,274 of 155,132
Welcome to this funky dive, the locals are mostly harmless although they get easily distracted by BBQ, cats, whisk(e)y, and silly political arguments. They need regular rations of Schiit wisdom (and best of all, new Schiit) to get back to normal for a little while.

Speaking of mostly harmless in an audio forum, the original BBC radiocast of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is worth every penny. I got mine as a CD boxset decades ago, a great listen for long flights (when we get back to doing that).
@earnmyturns
Great to hear that the quirky humour of 'HG2G' is appreciated well beyond these shores :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back