Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 23, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #70,610 of 150,252
But they should be.
I make a motion to add "DIY Hovercraft" to the official Schiit (analog) Subptopic List. Second?

Jan 23, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #70,611 of 150,252
I make a motion to add "DIY Hovercraft" to the official Schiit (analog) Subptopic List. Second?

Perhaps we need a "Misc +" category for important stuff that isn't routinely discussed (like Wal-Mart chair hovercrafts) and a "Misc -" category for unimportant stuff that isn't routinely discussed (like most of @Ripper2860 's posts :sweat_smile:). If that's too cumbersome then I'll second the DIY Hovercraft topic. :smile:

Jan 23, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #70,612 of 150,252
Perhaps we need a "Misc +" category for important stuff that isn't routinely discussed (like Wal-Mart chair hovercrafts) and a "Misc -" category for unimportant stuff that isn't routinely discussed (like most of @Ripper2860 's posts :sweat_smile:). If that's too cumbersome then I'll second the DIY Hovercraft topic. :smile:
As there is a second the floor is open for debate. I motion that the motion is amended to be category of Miscellaneous rather than DIY Hovercraft for inclusion on the infographic. Is there a second?

(Way too much Robert in some conferences).

Jan 23, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #70,613 of 150,252
"Misc -" category for unimportant stuff that isn't routinely discussed as well as a genius post category (like most of @Ripper2860 's posts).

Fixed it for you. I know it's way too early and you've not had your Ensure and 'morning constitutional' (not the walk version) yet, so I'll forgive the mispost. :smirk:

Jan 23, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #70,614 of 150,252
...as well as a genius post category (like most of @Ripper2860 's posts)...

Why would we consume valuable and limited sine wave real estate with stuff that doesn't even exist? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jan 23, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #70,615 of 150,252
🤨

I will withdraw my suggestion for an a-hole category seeing as it would be exclusive to you and equally unworthy of placement on the graph. 🙄

😜

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #70,617 of 150,252
Anyone here running Roon Rock? I have Roon Core running on an older Mac Mini Server with 4TB external USB storage. Rock on an Intel NUC looks attractive, looks like a 5TB drive will actually fit in as well into a tall NUC chassis - thoughts?

BTW been enjoying my Mono Vidars into the Duetta Sigs - let me tell you, NO PROBLEM driving them - after getting my Yiggy - I'll share my impressions.....

Jan 23, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #70,618 of 150,252
Anyone here running Roon Rock? I have Roon Core running on an older Mac Mini Server with 4TB external USB storage. Rock on an Intel NUC looks attractive, looks like a 5TB drive will actually fit in as well into a tall NUC chassis - thoughts?

BTW been enjoying my Mono Vidars into the Duetta Sigs - let me tell you, NO PROBLEM driving them - after getting my Yiggy - I'll share my impressions.....

Really like my NUC based Roon Rock. I built mine around. Nuc8i5beh. Bought it refurbished for a good discount on Amazon from a company called OEM XS. I think an i3 would be fine as well. I don't use any DSP or room correction. If you want those you need i7.

Do not buy the cheap Transcend NVMe drive for the OS. Mine crapped out quickly. Spend for the Samsung.

Don't need crazy RAM. I didn't move database so can't comment on that aspect.

Jan 23, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #70,619 of 150,252
That being said, I listen to streaming radio through HD6XX when I'm walking the dog. That sounds pretty good and lets me hear feral cyclists approaching from my 6 - but I've never done that at home.
You live in a cold enough climate where you can do that. In Florida, those HD6xx would be a sweaty, smelly mess almost immediately.

And here they would be reduced to a soaked mess too - not due to sweat, but rain and rain mixed in with snow.. that is if they hold up long enough and aren’t destroyed together with your back and head when you slip and fall in a puddle of water on top of ice when you are grooving to the music!
Not to sound negative or anything, but I think I like summer better than the mess of a winter we are having right now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sweat_smile:

Jan 23, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #70,620 of 150,252
Really like my NUC based Roon Rock. I built mine around. Nuc8i5beh. Bought it refurbished for a good discount on Amazon from a company called OEM XS. I think an i3 would be fine as well. I don't use any DSP or room correction. If you want those you need i7.

Do not buy the cheap Transcend NVMe drive for the OS. Mine crapped out quickly. Spend for the Samsung.

Don't need crazy RAM. I didn't move database so can't comment on that aspect.

an Intel 660p would also be a good bang/$ SSD for a music server. It’s QLC which means it has less write endurance than TLC, but assuming you write your music library to it and just add (not often removing and rewriting) you’ll have no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back