Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 22, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #68,808 of 152,231
Today 14:15h CET, Constanza made her way to the eternal hunting fields after 22 year in ours. She will rest in peace. In time I will follow them all BUT NOT BEFORE I MADE YOUR LIVES A LITTLE MORE MISERABLE THE WAY I HABITUALLY DO.

Please accept my condolences, Pietro and @Balthazar B.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #68,809 of 152,231
Today 14:15h CET, Constanza made her way to the eternal hunting fields after 22 year in ours. She will rest in peace. In time I will follow them all BUT NOT BEFORE I MADE YOUR LIVES A LITTLE MORE MISERABLE THE WAY I HABITUALLY DO.

lastconstanza.jpg
Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss.

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #68,810 of 152,231
For those of you who didn't have a chance to see it, and especially for our friends in Denmark, one last pair of photos of the Grand Conjunction. My friend and I were worried we'd get clouded out as well, it didn't look promising while I was rolling the roof of my observatory back. However, as the sun set the clouds cleared out, at least somewhat. We got about an hour of pretty good viewing in, which we were grateful for. Although, that didn't stop us from grumbling when the clouds obscured the view completely an hour or so before the planets set.

Here is the shot from my crummy cell phone camera.
Jupiter Saturn 20201221.jpg

And another, with some of the details annotated.
Jupiter Saturn 20201221 annotated.jpg

If you zoom in quite a bit you should be able to see a bump on Jupiter's left side. That's where Ganymede is starting to move between Jupiter and Earth (called a transit since from here it looks like Ganymede is passing in front of Jupiter). The view through the eye piece was a bit better; I'm better at holding my eye steady than a camera.

The conjunction our grandkids will get to see in 2080 will be as good as this one was. It might be better: I can't remember if the planets will be further from the Sun. Maybe. For those who have an abundance of patience, Jupiter will actually pass directly in front of Saturn (an occultation) in 7541.

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #68,811 of 152,231
Pietro, I'm so very sorry about Constanza.

Sad news comes in twos. Today, our 21 year old cat Gris-Gris passed away. Our only solace will be that he's now at rest after some difficult weeks towards the end of his life on earth. We loved him so much.

Anything by Puccini was his favorite music.

grisgris.jpg
Sorry to hear of your loss, you have my sincere condolences.

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #68,812 of 152,231

lastconstanza.jpg

I'm really crushed to hear this Pietro and feel deeply for you. We all know how much she meant to you, and having 2 Siberian Forest cats myself (close cousin to the beautiful Norwegian), I know she will be hard missed.

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #68,813 of 152,231

Sad news comes in twos. Today, our 21 year old cat Gris-Gris passed away. Our only solace will be that he's now at rest after some difficult weeks towards the end of his life on earth. We loved him so much.

grisgris.jpg

My condolences on your loss.

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #68,814 of 152,231

lastconstanza.jpg
My condolences on the parting of a most excellent feline.

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #68,815 of 152,231
I'm not a headphone guy so asking just out of curiosity. Can a Vali 2 drive the HD 6xx in a satisfying way? Or is it too underpowered?

Yes and no, in that order :)

Dec 22, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #68,816 of 152,231

grisgris.jpg

Oh dear, I am sorry for your loss too

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #68,819 of 152,231
I think they'll be ok.

Will it be a waste to use single ended DAC on balanced amp like Jot? Or will Asgard be a more reasonable option?

I think if you only have SE headphones with no desire or plan for balanced then Asgard 3 is an awesome choice.

Nexus is pretty awesome. Using a SE output DAC with Jotunheim 2 should sound pretty great.

@Pietro Cozzi Tinin condolences on your friend.

@Balthazar B My condolences to you as well.

And condolences to anyone else who has lost anyone or anything in 2020.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #68,820 of 152,231

lastconstanza.jpg

So sorry to hear of your loss. I've been there - no fun. Sometimes I have dreams of my 18 y/o tabby that passed away in 2015 right around this time of year too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back